Status
Not open for further replies.

Ottoke

Reaction score
NEXT MANCHESTER UNITED FIXTURE

13 December 2019, Friday

UEFA Europa League 2019/20
4am - Manchester United vs AZ Alkmaar
mio Sports (Singtel TV Channel 111), beIN Sports MAX 2 (StarHub TV Channel 215, beIN Sports Connect)

thenakedshades

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
175NZ1V.jpg

Luke Shaw 😂😂😏

Strange feeling Utd will play against Inter in Europa.

BtegaSG2

Banned
Reaction score
No point running around with no idea. We already have Mctominay and Fred to do the running in the midfield.
I really dun mind Pogba for not running if he keeps spraying his deadly diagonal/over-the-top pass to unlock compact defend.

Players like Xavi, Beckham, Scholes dun run fast or cover lots of distance, but their deadly passes are all that matter. And Pogba to me belongs to this group of players if he can keep his head low.

Hypernova

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
No point running around with no idea. We already have Mctominay and Fred to do the running in the midfield.
I really dun mind Pogba for not running if he keeps spraying his deadly diagonal/over-the-top pass to unlock compact defend.

Players like Xavi, Beckham, Scholes dun run fast or cover lots of distance, but their deadly passes are all that matter. And Pogba to me belongs to this group of players if he can keep his head low.

xavi, scholes and beckham do not dwell on the ball for that matter.

pogba dwells on the ball for too long, resulting in losing possession right in the middle of the park when opposing teams can counterattack. he needs to learn that its about the team and not himself. team performs, he gets praised. team fails, he gets lambasted even though he can get a hattrick or assists and goals.

the earlier he realise that the better.

ragnarok95

Senior Moderator
Senior Moderator
Reaction score
Dwell cos no one to pass to what. Want to pass, cannot see anyone how to pass. From our television view of cos we can tell who to pass. On the field is another story liao.

BtegaSG2

Banned
Reaction score

pogba dwells on the ball for too long, resulting in losing possession right in the middle of the park when opposing teams can counterattack. he needs to learn that its about the team and not himself. team performs, he gets praised. team fails, he gets lambasted even though he can get a hattrick or assists and goals.

These players always have someone they can rely on(Bursquet, Roy Keane etc) so even if they lose possession, the details will not blown up cause the ball will be WIN back very FAST. For Pogba, he loses the ball, no one can help win back.

The reason for this is he not sure who he can place his pass to. If you noticed in the matches at the end of last season and the first few matches this season, he only looks out for Rashford 80% of the time(seems like that was the gameplan). If Rashford was marked by 2 players, Pogba do not know who to pass to as all the other players' positions very chiu. Then he still need to defend and getting the ball from defenders, then think where to crack the opposition's defend. Too much for him to do alone. That's why he always lose possession easily.

But now Martial is playing very well as a no 9(holding up ball, linking players), and Rashford and James have a better understanding of their roles on the right/left flank. Then if Fred and Mctominay do all the dirty jobs and defend the backline. So even if Pogba lose the ball in the more advanced position, not worry too much as Fred and Mctominay will win back the ball for him. Then Pogba will have more options/freedom to just assist and scoring long shot goals.

Too bad I only play FM :s13:

vitaminc1231

Master Member
Reaction score
The reason for this is he not sure who he can place his pass to. If you noticed in the matches at the end of last season and the first few matches this season, he only looks out for Rashford 80% of the time(seems like that was the gameplan). If Rashford was marked by 2 players, Pogba do not know who to pass to as all the other players' positions very chiu.

This observation is very worrying for a "World Class" midfielder isn't it? Not saying he should then run like Messi or Ronaldo to create spaces, but hey, even Son did it.

Asakura

Great Supremacy Member
Reaction score
our players have been too static not making themselves as option

cant blame him for that

Swordsman

Banned
Deluxe Member
Reaction score
These players always have someone they can rely on(Bursquet, Roy Keane etc) so even if they lose possession, the details will not blown up cause the ball will be WIN back very FAST. For Pogba, he loses the ball, no one can help win back.

The reason for this is he not sure who he can place his pass to. If you noticed in the matches at the end of last season and the first few matches this season, he only looks out for Rashford 80% of the time(seems like that was the gameplan). If Rashford was marked by 2 players, Pogba do not know who to pass to as all the other players' positions very chiu. Then he still need to defend and getting the ball from defenders, then think where to crack the opposition's defend. Too much for him to do alone. That's why he always lose possession easily.

But now Martial is playing very well as a no 9(holding up ball, linking players), and Rashford and James have a better understanding of their roles on the right/left flank. Then if Fred and Mctominay do all the dirty jobs and defend the backline. So even if Pogba lose the ball in the more advanced position, not worry too much as Fred and Mctominay will win back the ball for him. Then Pogba will have more options/freedom to just assist and scoring long shot goals.

Too bad I only play FM :s13:

world class player. don't know who to pass to ? wtf ?

TOKARA

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
I think Pigba is only good for his ball control and long pass. Put him in DM is best but he doesnt want play there. His short or through passes is not as good as his long ones imo.

I am happy to sell him for Eriksen.

Swordsman

Banned
Deluxe Member
Reaction score

TOKARA

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
this shows he cares about the performance and result.

Will his dad persuade him not to join united ? does he still bear a grudge against Roy Keane ? :s13::s13::s13:

Come here we can offer him 200k a week, dad happy

WhiteHunter

High Supremacy Member
Reaction score
this shows he cares about the performance and result.

Will his dad persuade him not to join united ? does he still bear a grudge against Roy Keane ? :s13::s13::s13:

keane not exactly on good terms with utd so kinda work for haaland.

his dad is not the problem. the problem is his agent is bui bui raiola. the guy will ask for crazy agent fees and he will tout haaland to other clubs after few seasons at utd for more crazy agent fees.

BtegaSG2

Banned
Reaction score
world class player. don't know who to pass to ? wtf ?

Cause all the other players not in a good position for him to pass to. Not even Xavi or Scholes can make good passes if the other players don't know where and when to receive good pass/ run good position.

I believe Pogba is still a good player to have to unlock compact defend which is our main problem for now. Pogba's technical skill can draw out defend and makes deadly passes.

But I more than happy if we can sell him and get any 2 players(James Maddison / Bruno Fernandes / Isco / Saul) :s13:

BtegaSG2

Banned
Reaction score
This observation is very worrying for a "World Class" midfielder isn't it? Not saying he should then run like Messi or Ronaldo to create spaces, but hey, even Son did it.

Well everyone got different attributes, and Pogba is proven to be very good with very good players. He is definitely not a leader, only suitable to be a supporting player. He had a good season when Zlatan is still with us. So we need to find a true leader like Zlatan, Roy Keane etc and Pogba wun be the focus or so-call the main man to lead Man U anymore.

But I rate Son very high. How I hope we can get him in Man U, just like the Warrior Park Ji Sung

RuMmYtUb

High Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Son and Rashy same position leh...

Well everyone got different attributes, and Pogba is proven to be very good with very good players. He is definitely not a leader, only suitable to be a supporting player. He had a good season when Zlatan is still with us. So we need to find a true leader like Zlatan, Roy Keane etc and Pogba wun be the focus or so-call the main man to lead Man U anymore.

But I rate Son very high. How I hope we can get him in Man U, just like the Warrior Park Ji Sung

Status
Not open for further replies.
Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.