Manchester United - Theatre of Dreams - Part 36

Status
Not open for further replies.

thenakedshades

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
#mufc have no intention of sacking Solskjær and want to allow him more time to improve and potentially rebuild the team #mulive [guardian]

Of course they won’t sack Ole. If Ole is sacked, who is willing to come and take over? Even the blind can tell this ship is sinking.

And Ole is so thick skinned and positive to week in week out talk crap during press conference cause he knows as long as he didn’t kpkb Ed during the press conference, his job is saved.

Honestly, after Ole leaves, he can go be motivational speaker or go back Norway be farmer. No way is he manger material

Swordsman

Banned
Deluxe Member
Reaction score
Last edited:

Swordsman

Banned
Deluxe Member
Reaction score
if this is jose...i think he will know how to use harry and wan .....cos he been requesting for a ** since he join..

seriously when they appoint jose i tot he will be here for 5 years...but i understand jose feeling when i saw him on sky sports..like a feeling when he say he been requesting for a central back when he was there but ole there for 6 mths viola..

maciam you see your ex getting pregnant with new amdk after 6 mths of dating while with you 6 years you can't laid your hands on her....that kinda of feeling

still i feel the board should back him....then ...we all see the problem but the board see otherwise....we need such arrogant manager but with backing

Where was Jose when saf retired? Could thing have turn out differently if Jose was the the manager to take over SAF?

AristDing

High Supremacy Member
Reaction score
I watched the replay of the game and it struck me how exactly things have gone wrong

Honestly we have good players. Wan Bisska was great, I liked what Matic was doing to the ball.

United got it completely wrongly by backing players who are not delivering. Pogba will probably dance better than he will play better in a man United shirt again. And our French Pele... well. That pass from Matic to him was so sweet, but what did he do? He probably took his nickname literally and wanted to dribble past the keeper.

This is where we have gotten so wrong now. The club backed the wrong players and it shows. Clearly, the best manager in the world knew Football better than the board of man Utd.

WhiteHunter

High Supremacy Member
Reaction score
It's ok for the Glazers.

This is the record of their past head coaches at Tampa Bay Buccaneers, which they also own, over the last 10 years.

and bear in mind American sports don't have draws...

Obviously sports achievements don't matter much to them as long as they can leech money out of the teams.

tampa bay coaches and ole same pattern. lost more than they won. seems like they also change managers frequently.

jahtl62

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Ole Gunner Solskjaer making same mistakes as Roy Hodgson at Liverpool, says Glen Johnson

Ole Gunnar Solskjaer is making the same mistakes Roy Hodgson made during his ill-dated spell at Liverpool, according to Glen Johnson.

The former Reds defender says Hodgson would ‘install fear’ into his players before games by not setting up his teams to play vibrant attacking football.

Johnson and fellow talkSPORT pundit Jermaine Pennant agree Solskjaer is setting up his Manchester United team too negatively, and it’s affecting his players in the pitch.

According to the duo, that was evident as United suffered their latest humiliating result against Burnley on Wednesday night, losing 2-0 at Old Trafford.

Supporters streamed out of the ground long before the full-time whistle, with the stands half-empty at the final whistle as the fans who had remained in their seats booed their struggling team off the pitch.

And Pennant says he was surprised by Solskjear’s team selection against the Clarets, who claimed their first ever Premier League win at Old Trafford.

“When [Marcus] Rashford and [Anthony] Martial play, they work well together, but obviously now Rashford is out injured and to see Mason Greenwood not starting in his place was a big shock and surprise to the fans,” the former Liverpool winger said on White and Sawyer.

“Ole has gone with James and Pereira for most of the season but their stats are not great.

“And Fred, what position is he? He doesn’t score goals! After 20 games he has zero goals and zero assists, and then you’ve got Mastic as a defensive midfielder – that’s so defensive!

“That’s a team you’d put out against Liverpool, not Burnley at Old Trafford where you should be attacking them.

“United had 77 per cent possession in the second-half but they haven’t got players to break them down. They didn’t really create anything. It was an easy night for Burnley.”

And Johnson has explained how his former Liverpool team suffered a similar crisis of confidence on the pitch during Hodgson’s brief Anfield reign, which saw the future England manager sacked after six months in charge following just 13 wins from 31 games.

In contrast, Solskjear has taken charge of 32 Premier League games since taking the permanent job in March 2019, and has won just 11.

“We had a similar scenario at Liverpool,” explained Johnson.

“When Hodgson was there we used to go into the games at Anfield really looking forward to it, thinking we can put on a show here and put the game to bed early.

“But he would install fear into us before the game.

“I remember a specific game against Wolves, we were thinking we’re miles better than them, just let us go out and play, but all week it was rigid training and the whole team was so negative. It was like we were trying to not lose rather than just putting teams to the sword.

“And the players do look at that and think, ‘what is going on here, does the manager not believe in us? Does he actually think we’re not that much better than them?’ That feeling leaks onto the pitch.

“So the players themselves would have been thinking, ‘we don’t know what’s going on here’.”

Having initially exclaimed the return of a legend when he was appointed, many United supporters have now lost faith in Solskjaer after overseeing the club’s worst start to a Premier League season in history.

And Pennant believes United’s players may now be doubting their boss, too.

He added: “Ole is a Manchester United legend, but now that things have really hit the fan the players are probably looking at him thinking, ‘that’s Ole Gunner Solkjaer, not Sir Alex Ferguson, not Jose Mourinho’.

“He hasn’t got that weight behind him because he hasn’t managed great teams and he hasn’t achieved great things in his career as a manager yet.”

https://talksport.com/football/659699/manchester-united-solskjaer-hodgson-liverpool-johnson/

jahtl62

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Solskjaer new favourite to get sacked, as Sky Sports claim support for Man Utd boss

Ole Gunnar Solskjaer is the new favourite Premier League manager to be sacked next after Manchester United’s embarrassing loss to Burnley on Wednesday night.

And the bookies have dramatically cut the odds on Solskjaer being the next manager to be sacked in the Premier League.

He has overtaken Eddie Howe as the favourite to be dismissed, andnow odds on to go next after goals from Chris Wood and Jay Rodriguez stunned Old Trafford.

https://www.teamtalk.com/news/solskjaer-new-favourite-to-get-sacked-as-man-utd-boss-retains-support

jahtl62

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Despite no signings for Man Utd, Ed Woodward makes January move to hire personal PR man

Manchester United may be struggling to get deals over the line for Bruno Fernandes, Edinson Cavani, Jude Bellingham and others, but at least Ed Woodward has made a signing of his own this January.

According to the Guardian, the Red Devils executive vice-chairman has recruited former Sun journalist and Sky Sports presenter Neil Ashton to come in as a personal PR man to boost his image and reputation after becoming hugely unpopular with the club’s fans.

https://www.caughtoffside.com/2020/01/23/man-utd-transfers-drag-on-but-woodward-hires-pr-man-ashton/

Man Utd is going to be a laughing stock. Main priority should be signing players. Instead Woodward is signing a PR man to boost his image. Really a good joke.

Last edited:

beano

High Supremacy Member
Reaction score

runforyourlife

Reaction score
I actually watched the highlights to have a good laugh while feeling sleepy.

Anyway, I find it hard to blame Matic for the first goal.

Macguire and Jones didn't react well for the first one.

Second.... Macguire... well...

Macguire have been playing like f, put him captain only makes things worse.

thenakedshades

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
This is why Pogba wants to leave. Like what Evra said, when Pogba is playing, people criticise him. When Pogba is not playing, people still criticise him.

Pogba is and will be Utd’s best midfielder post SAF Period.

I watched the replay of the game and it struck me how exactly things have gone wrong

Honestly we have good players. Wan Bisska was great, I liked what Matic was doing to the ball.

United got it completely wrongly by backing players who are not delivering. Pogba will probably dance better than he will play better in a man United shirt again. And our French Pele... well. That pass from Matic to him was so sweet, but what did he do? He probably took his nickname literally and wanted to dribble past the keeper.

This is where we have gotten so wrong now. The club backed the wrong players and it shows. Clearly, the best manager in the world knew Football better than the board of man Utd.

ragnarok95

Senior Moderator
Senior Moderator
Reaction score

cracker

High Supremacy Member
Reaction score
#mufc have no intention of sacking Solskjær and want to allow him more time to improve and potentially rebuild the team #mulive [guardian]

Of course they won’t sack Ole. If Ole is sacked, who is willing to come and take over? Even the blind can tell this ship is sinking.

And Ole is so thick skinned and positive to week in week out talk crap during press conference cause he knows as long as he didn’t kpkb Ed during the press conference, his job is saved.

Honestly, after Ole leaves, he can go be motivational speaker or go back Norway be farmer. No way is he manger material

I love it when news is out saying the Board will support the manager cos usually that means the mgr days are numbered .. Probably not today or tomorrow. But the clocks are ticking faster now.

TOKARA

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Maybe sack Ole and let Carrick run the show. For sure Ole will be sacked, jus a matter when

Status
Not open for further replies.
Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.