Manchester United - Theatre of Dreams - Part 36

Status
Not open for further replies.

Shinji Kagawa

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
According to the Daily Mail, United have paid the Chinese Super League club a £4million loan fee for Ighalo, with the Red Devils contributing £100,000-per-week of Ighalo’s mammoth £300,000-a-week contract.

(^@^)"

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
According to the Daily Mail, United have paid the Chinese Super League club a £4million loan fee for Ighalo, with the Red Devils contributing £100,000-per-week of Ighalo’s mammoth £300,000-a-week contract.

Who the **** is Ighalo????

Any decent footballer with any sense of self-respect would have remained in Europe instead of trying to earn RMB in a half-**** chinese league.

TOKARA

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score

Good deal to ed lol

TOKARA

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Ighalo is beh pai if he is the same player i watched him at watford. Naturally a left or right forward, an upgrade to James.

But at 30, enjoying life in China i not sure about his fitness now

Just imgaine him to be a poor man's mane

(^@^)"

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
100k pounds a week for Ighalo??? Thats 30k more than Bruno.... Where is Bruno's dignity?????

ticcan

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
bournemouth rejected 20m bid for King earlier they wanted closer to 40m

Shinji Kagawa

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Ighalo's a better deal than 28m for King. (Bournemouth were holding out for 40m)

Anyways this season is a write off. We needed the legs in so that James/Greenwood dont burn out.

(^@^)"

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score

We pay £100,000-per-week for his wages. £4million loan fee divided over 6 months is about £154,000-per-week. That's £254,000-per-week, like having another Sanchez. :eek:

Shinji Kagawa

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
A childhood dream could be about to come true... Check out which boyhood Manchester United fan is wearing a #MUFC top in this photo. #Ighalo

EPo57OSWkAUH7j1

Shinji Kagawa

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Take comfort that Barcelona wanted him on loan as well for last season?

Odion Ighalo: Why I turned down Barcelona move
By Oluwashina Okeleji
Football Writer, Nigeria
29 March 2019 African
Nigeria international striker Odion Ighalo has revealed he turned down a move to European giants Barcelona in January to continue his career in the Chinese Super League (CSL).

Ighalo, 29, finished as the 2018 CSL's second-top scorer with 21 goals which attracted interest from the five-time European champions, but insists it was an 'easy decision' to reject their overtures.

"My agent spoke to me about a loan interest from Barcelona. The club wanted a striker with La Liga experience and someone who understands Spanish football," Ighalo told BBC Sport.

"It was meant to be a six-month loan and strictly as a back-up striker. It was nice to hear that Barcelona were interested and any footballer would be more than happy to take it.

"But with due respect I had just finished as the second top scorer in China with 21 goals, I deserve better and didn't want to be a short-term player somewhere.

"We rejected it, it was an easy decision to make and I chose to stay in China by joining Shanghai Shenhua on a longer contract," Ighalo added.

The former Watford striker, who previously spent five years at Granada, rejected an opportunity to play in the Uefa Champions League and potentially claim a first European league title with the 25-time Spanish champions.

The Catalan side however turned to Ghana's Kevin-Prince Boateng who joined on loan for the remainder of the season.

Ighalo insists he has no regrets over his decision to snub Barcelona and sign a three-year deal at Shanghai Shenhua as he believes he had to adopt a long-term plan for his career.

"You need to weigh things up properly in life and ask yourself if it is your call to make, or one to satisfy others," said Ighalo.

"I respect my decision. I needed to focus on what is good for my career long-term and when you decide to do something - you stay true to yourself. It wasn't for me and I am happy where I am.

"I have no regrets or whatsoever because I am happy at Shanghai Shenhua. To reunite and play under my former Watford coach [Quique Sánchez Flores] is exciting and I love it."

Ighalo, who has played in Norway, Italy, Spain and England, scored seven goals to finish as top scorer in the 2019 Africa Cup of Nations qualifying to help Nigeria seal a return to the tournament.

A former youth international, he has 11 goals in 27 appearances for the Super Eagles and played for his country at the 2018 World Cup in Russia.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.