Manchester United - Theatre of Dreams - Part 36

Status
Not open for further replies.

ItsmeagainhK

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
If Ole continues this stupid brand of football till the end of the season, its Ole out for me. But if he changes and adopts the attacking mentality during his 3 months as interim, i'll be Ole in. Till now, I do not know what is his style of football. Maybe he does not have the players to play his brand of football. But so did Klopp who continued his brand of football with not up to par players when he just took over.

thenakedshades

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
to be fair, liverpool also has lots of short attackers but relies on TAA and robertson to do the crossing.

Our "best" LB is Luke Shaw who spends more time on MC than on the pitch. When he is on the pitch and puts in crosses, usually ends up over crossing to the other side of the pitch.

Our best RB is AWB who can defend but he can't put the ball past the first defender.

And when the balls eventually reach the middle of the penalty box, our French Pele,English Ronaldo, English Hot Prospect Lingardinho are all nowhere near the 6 yard box.

Hypernova

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Our "best" LB is Luke Shaw who spends more time on MC than on the pitch. When he is on the pitch and puts in crosses, usually ends up over crossing to the other side of the pitch.

Our best RB is AWB who can defend but he can't put the ball past the first defender.

And when the balls eventually reach the middle of the penalty box, our French Pele,English Ronaldo, English Hot Prospect Lingardinho are all nowhere near the 6 yard box.

but talking about shaw, he's not a sfit as he seems to be when he first joined us.

but you can see his positioning sense/anticipation is quite up there one. got quite a few times he seems to cut out through balls to his flank or when he goes in to cover the central defenders.

WhiteHunter

High Supremacy Member
Reaction score

all not natural poacher. now hope ighalo is the striker we are looking for.

Asakura

Great Supremacy Member
Reaction score
United is still paying most of the players that they loan out.
Rooney, when sold to Everton, his salary was funded by the transfer fee that United didn't take.

thenakedshades

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
all not natural poacher. now hope ighalo is the striker we are looking for.

Our only natural poacher - Lukaku. Our Ole puts him on RW to pump crosses into the penalty box for nobody to attack and then subsequently sell him. Ole's tactics

And that is if we managed to see ighalo play as ST or even play at all. I won't be surprised to see Ole deploy him at LW/RW and continue French Pele as ST.

Or maybe only see ighalo on the 75th-80th min every match.

Last edited:

thenakedshades

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
but talking about shaw, he's not a sfit as he seems to be when he first joined us.

but you can see his positioning sense/anticipation is quite up there one. got quite a few times he seems to cut out through balls to his flank or when he goes in to cover the central defenders.

hmm... up there? not sure which match you were watching. But you can see that when Shaw plays, Slabhead VVD will suffer, cause he has to cover for him. Shaw seems like he has the energy to push forward but no energy left to run back.

Hypernova

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
hmm... up there? not sure which match you were watching. But you can see that when Shaw plays, Slabhead VVD will suffer, cause he has to cover for him. Shaw seems like he has the energy to push forward but no energy left to run back.

last match

image.png

killless

Master Member
Reaction score
i always have this impression that AWB played better for Palace than he so far has for United
at Palace, i thought his forays into the opponent’s penalty box was better and most importantly ... not clueless
at United, i’m not sure if he’d been given specific instructions not to venture too deep cos his responsibility is to race back in the event of a quick counterattack should the ball be lost
hence why to me at least he seems like 2 different players with the ball at his feet in the opponents’ half
the one that just passes the halfway line up until the final third, and the one that goes beyond that third and edge of the box is like chalk and cheese
hopefully he’ll come good in a year or 2 ...
but it seems to me, this United team lacks proper coaching in all depts

It's not just him. There are 2 versions of players now.

United's clueless version; and
Other teams' godmode version.

Lukaku, Smalling now godmode.
Harry McGuire no longer Leicester's godmode.

fat_boyz

Great Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Seriously... sometimes I wonder if people in this thread are watching the same matches... :s22: :s13: :s22:

Everyone can only agree to disagree :s13:

WhiteHunter

High Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Our only natural poacher - Lukaku. Our Ole puts him on RW to pump crosses into the penalty box for nobody to attack and then subsequently sell him. Ole's tactics

And that is if we managed to see ighalo play as ST or even play at all. I won't be surprised to see Ole deploy him at LW/RW and continue French Pele as ST.

Or maybe only see ighalo on the 75th-80th min every match.

bo bian. french pele is untouchable. also if he don't play striker, he will sulk.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.