Manchester United - Theatre of Dreams - Part 38

WhiteHunter

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
to be honest removing ronaldo when you are trying to get a goal is not a wise decision. also ronaldo is not that unfit that he needs to rest so he can start against west ham. even at his age he still can play majority of the games.

Swordsman

Greater Supremacy Member
Deluxe Member
Reaction score
Awful way to lose the game. That's why I really hate seeing anyone passing backwards towards the goalkeeper, sometimes they think it's the easy/safe way out and don't concentrate on the execution. Undone the +1 goodwill he earned over the weekend, and got a +3 hate instead. Too bad for him, I have no sympathies for experienced players because they should know and do better.

Nevertheless, we failed to really control the game, even when AaronWB was still on. It wasn't really fluid, and the few counterattacks we had wasn't used well.

This is one of the few times when I thought DavidDG should've and could've done better to save their first goal.

Didn't many use to say that attack is the best defence? Bringing on AnthonyM might have been for that, to ensure they stay back a bit more to guard against a breakaway.

Let's put things into perspective - it's not like we conceded the goal because there wasn't an extra man to man-mark a player during a corner, or the wall short of 1 during a freekick, or one less defensive-minded player tracking back during a counter by them.

We made things harder for ourselves, but it's only the first game. 5 more to go, so it's not a foregone conclusion in any way. Can we win the other 5? Why not. Didn't we just crash out last season after a good start and winning 3 of the first 4?

Attack is the best defence if the team can managed to pin the opponent in their own half.

Swordsman

Greater Supremacy Member
Deluxe Member
Reaction score
Game is over the moment Ole sub DVB out to play a 3 men CB to park the bus hoping for the best result.

Ole has no idea how to hold on or use park the bus tactics.
need Mourinho to teach him ?

Adi Dassler

High Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Ole’s record in the CL... 7 defeats in 11 matches. If this is not a red flag, I dunno what is...:s22:

Swordsman

Greater Supremacy Member
Deluxe Member
Reaction score

Swordsman

Greater Supremacy Member
Deluxe Member
Reaction score
i think we have some good players and some average players.
but the right combination is required to get the desired results.

the way the current mgr select the players is definitely not based on merits.

I had always mentioned the down trend since he signed the first contract was very alarming.

Ole is currently the weakest link and I will point my finger to him for his poor tactical management. However many will be quick to chop off my finger and said we dun have ENOUGH WORLD CLASS players or the Ole one stiill need more times.
how much more time ole need ? another 3 years ?

how many world class players we need to buy ? even our 1st 11 are world class players, he don't know how to utilize, same **** also will happened.

Yellowfin

Arch-Supremacy Member
Deluxe Member
Reaction score
If lingard did not back pass then United would not lose.........that was the last second before the whistle blow...... the subs is puzzle too.

spykid

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
It’s just the first match so we have plenty of time to recover and make up for it in the next five. IF we qualify from this, no one will remember about last night. Just saying :s13:

But yeah, some bizarre decisions last night reminded me of last season that why he didn’t take out Fred when he’s on a obvious walking red card

Yellowfin

Arch-Supremacy Member
Deluxe Member
Reaction score
Maybe this the farewell gift from Lingard to United....middle finger farewell gift...

sunkist77

Master Member
Reaction score
Lol. Lingard is gold sia. Diss the contract renewal then gave opponents a win.

spykid

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
I still dunno why Jesse did that lol. Just what did he see in that instance? Just boot the ball out of touch or to someone else and the game is up. But no, he had to play a pass back to his own goalie when he’s no under serious pressure lol

I hope he got a big bollocking from everyone to wake up

Yellowfin

Arch-Supremacy Member
Deluxe Member
Reaction score
that is not even a back pass to the goalie....it just cross over to the other side of the pitch...a back pass should be toward the corner of the 6 yards box....

Swordsman

Greater Supremacy Member
Deluxe Member
Reaction score
I still dunno why Jesse did that lol. Just what did he see in that instance? Just boot the ball out of touch or to someone else and the game is up. But no, he had to play a pass back to his own goalie when he’s no under serious pressure lol

I hope he got a big bollocking from everyone to wake up

i suspect he got coffee money....

just joking...

Jian19

Greater Supremacy Member
Reaction score
to be honest removing ronaldo when you are trying to get a goal is not a wise decision. also ronaldo is not that unfit that he needs to rest so he can start against west ham. even at his age he still can play majority of the games.
We were not trying to get a goal :s22:

spykid

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
that is not even a back pass to the goalie....it just cross over to the other side of the pitch...a back pass should be toward the corner of the 6 yards box....

He was trying and aiming to play it back to De Gea and their striker or wherever position he plays anticipated it. De Gea was sold short lor

jahtl62

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Ole Gunnar Solskjaer has conceded that he could have handled the second half of Manchester United ’s defeat by Young Boys better.

The mistake completed a nightmare start to United’s Champions League campaign in Group F and many supporters on social media pointed the finger at Solskjaer’s game management in the second half.

Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Terms of Service for more information.