Manchester United - Theatre of Dreams - Part 38

ragnarok95

Reaction score
As per
@David_Ornstein
, Man Utd in talks with Ralf Rangnick. Deal to come to OT not done yet but heading that way. Idea is to take team to end of season, then stay on in alternative capacity.

jahtl62

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Ralf Rangnick has reached an agreement with Manchester United to become their interim manager.

The 63-year-old, who is seen as the ‘godfather’ of modern coaching in Germany, is leaving his job as head of sports and development at Lokomotiv Moscow to take up the role.

The Athletic understands the agreement is subject to Rangnick’s current club, Lokomotiv, agreeing to release him from his contract, although Manchester United do not anticipate this to be a problem.

Rangnick has agreed a six-month deal until the end of May. He will have a further two years in a consultancy role.

jahtl62

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Paris Saint-Germain have reportedly opened negotiations to appoint Zinedine Zidane as their next manager in an update of great importance for Manchester United.

Crucially, PSG have altered their stance and they now are open to appointing Zidane mid-season, paving the way for Mauricio Pochettino to move to Old Trafford before next summer.

PSG appeared reluctant to make a change in the dugout mid-season and they are under little pressure to let Pochettino leave as he is contracted until 2023.

Instead, they planned to pursue Zidane with a view to appointing him next year, by which time he will have recharged his batteries having left Real Madrid in May.

However, they have adjusted their plans and during ongoing talks they are discussing the possibility of Zidane replacing Pochettino mid-season, according to Le Parisien .

The report from the French capital is a momentous one as it opens the door to the Red Devils securing their priority managerial target without spending the entire season in limbo with a caretaker in the hot seat.

United's hopes of appointing Pochettino soon will rely on Zidane's talks with PSG progressing smoothly and the Frenchman agreeing to cut short his break to take over at the Parc des Princes.

PSG have never been crowned champions of Europe and there are lingering doubts over Pochettino's ability to end their barren continental run.

Last edited:

straweffigy

High Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Tiagong RR is The Godfather of Gegenpressing or counter pressing

Dunno how it will turn out for us.. should at least be better than MC and bunch of world class coaches. Sad thing is they will be around for longer

Asakura

Great Supremacy Member
Reaction score
if the club accepts his conditions, it will be a much better deal overall for us.
Fabrizio Romano

@FabrizioRomano

·
8m

Ralf Rangnick told Man Utd board on Monday he’ll accept this interim job only if future ‘consultancy’ with power on club choices will be included in the deal. Man Utd are prepared to accept this condition. #MUFCTalks now on with Lokomotiv as advanced by
@TheAthleticUK

Asakura

Great Supremacy Member
Reaction score
if he is given the role that he ask for(after the interim term), i believe he can pick his successor, who's another gegenpress-er out there we can get? Julian Nagelsmann?
Tiagong RR is The Godfather of Gegenpressing or counter pressing

Dunno how it will turn out for us.. should at least be better than MC and bunch of world class coaches. Sad thing is they will be around for longer

Swordsman

Greater Supremacy Member
Deluxe Member
Reaction score

agreed what he said. either you press or don't press, no such thing as a little press. like its either u are pregnant or not pregnant no such thing as a little pregnant. lol.

Swordsman

Greater Supremacy Member
Deluxe Member
Reaction score
if he is given the role that he ask for(after the interim term), i believe he can pick his successor, who's another gegenpress-er out there we can get? Julian Nagelsmann?
why he would leave Bayern for United ??

he is masochist ?

Jas007

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
i’m stunned !
i think most of us are !
Ralf … getting what he wants after his 6 months stint …
whether thats the same thing he’d been reported to be seeking at United after the interim job not known
suspect is he altered his demands ? from DoF to consultant ? dunno

but boy am i glad the board has decided to bite the bullet
if not, i’d go for the former Barca guy

so if Ralf is interim … let’s hope he’ll recommend Ten Hag for the summer job
but United could be eyeing Poch since now looks like he might get fired as i has anticipated once psg has picked up on the scent of Zizou on the trails !

Jas007

Supremacy Member
Reaction score

i also don’t think Nagelsmann would be interested in united
he’s just started with Bayern
he’ll want to set his own legacy on home soil for a few more years … and CL domination

Asakura

Great Supremacy Member
Reaction score
that bit on "a little bit of pressing" gets me every time i watch this.
kinda like what we been doing lol

Asakura

Great Supremacy Member
Reaction score
not saying he would leave Bayern.
just making a point that there are no gegenpress coaches available when Ralf's interim contract is up. cant think of any names at the moment.

so when the time comes, we appoint Ten or Poch, to undo all his gegenpress philosophy?
some did say it's a little similar to ten Hag. we'll see.
why he would leave Bayern for United ??

he is masochist ?

Jas007

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
maybe God Father might be inspired by the magnitude of United … and retract his stance and accepts a permanent role if offered to him !
you’ll never know !

it’s almost 2am … i’m not daydreaming …
i’m already dreaming 🤣🤣🤣

Swordsman

Greater Supremacy Member
Deluxe Member
Reaction score
not saying he would leave Bayern.
just making a point that there are no gegenpress coaches available when Ralf's interim contract is up. cant think of any names at the moment.

so when the time comes, we appoint Ten or Poch, to undo all his gegenpress philosophy?
some did say it's a little similar to ten Hag. we'll see.

true.. i not sure 6 months is enough to drill gegenpress into all the players.

Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Terms of Service for more information.