Manchester United - Theatre of Dreams - Part 38

jahtl62

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Yesterday league games 3 draws & 3 away win. No home win. Today should have home wins with Man Utd winning.

jahtl62

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
I notice West Ham dropped points in the last 2 games. Today Man Utd must win 3 points against Arsenal to close the gap on West Ham & Arsenal for 4th place.

jahtl62

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
New boss Ralf Rangnick has arrived at Manchester United and has had a guided tour of Old Trafford.

The incoming United boss has already picked out two players he'd like to use some of his sizeable budget on in January.

With United struggling in the Premier League, the new boss appears to have two players from his former club RB Leipzig in mind to help turn their ailing season around.

And it appears their arrivals could help solve United's problems in the middle of the park while also helping Rangnick to implement his high-pressing style of play.

https://www.mirror.co.uk/sport/football/news/manchester-united-news-ralf-rangnick-25594783

white_prince

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Rangnick knows exactly what he wants the team to play..
Ole knows exactly how his players will play…
Hope to see the players playing to Rangnick style

WhiteHunter

High Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Rangnick knows exactly what he wants the team to play..
Ole knows exactly how his players will play…
Hope to see the players playing to Rangnick style
i will be very shocked if maguire, martial and pogba suddenly start pressing.

white_prince

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
i will be very shocked if maguire, martial and pogba suddenly start pressing.
Will be shocked if Martial and Pogba started pressing.
Maguire is a liability, too slow to press..
His engine starts only in the 2nd half.
I think Bailly and Lindelof will start on behalf of Varane.
There might be a new ** too

Asakura

Great Supremacy Member
Reaction score
the narrative now is, Dean Henderson commands his area much better than De Gea, so it will lead to lesser mistakes by the defenders, more organised, face lesser shots thus lesser chances of conceding.
Shudders me to recall that some back then some were saying DavidDG is too shaky and is weak against long shots and preferred Ben Foster to be the No. 1.

astrayharry

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
who who where where!!! pull him out n burn him....DDG was shaky cause he was skinny new and cannot speak english previously. DDG was outstanding since day1 besides the occasional mishandling from high balls

ben foster was the mentally weak one, he got nervous/cold feet due to the sudden up in standards and couldnt perform plus he admitted in interview he didnt cope well in the dressing room and was often late.
But the spine that was brought in isn't really that fantastic. How often has DavidDG saved our skins? He's the last remaining from the SAF era. Shudders me to recall that some back then some were saying DavidDG is too shaky and is weak against long shots and preferred Ben Foster to be the No. 1.

astrayharry

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
the narrative now is, Dean Henderson commands his area much better than De Gea, so it will lead to lesser mistakes by the defenders, more organised, face lesser shots thus lesser chances of conceding.
unless the new manager deem DDG surplus and shld be sold since he is still worthy, i think DH shld leave for his own future. prolly add in some return clauses.

DH did well during his auditions but verdicts still out. he didnt do himself much favour cause the moment DDG felt threaten he had been on god mode since but the defense kinda failed him.

YorYor

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
If DeanH can have some patience, and maintains his own standards, then I have no doubt he'll be given the No. 1 spot in time to come... the biggest question in his mind is "how long will DavidDG last?"

Biggest problem for DeanH is, at this point in time, I dare say DavidDG can play well into his late 30s or even early 40s like EdwinVDS was able to. He's got the discipline not to go into fat-mode during the breaks, and his reflexes are natural.

If DeanH chooses to leave, then I bet he has the same sentiments.

jahtl62

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
However, despite their recent good form, Arsenal do have the ability to collapse, as proven against Liverpool less than a fortnight ago. Chelsea and Manchester City — although it was much earlier in the season, before Arteta's side had found their feet — also found ways to dismantle the Gunners.

A common theme of the three teams' triumphs over Arsenal this season, by and large, have been as a result of getting the ball into wide areas, hitting early crosses and piling bodies into the box.

Liverpool caused havoc down both flanks through the pace of Sadio Mane and Mo Salah, City found joy with Gabriel Jesus and Jack Grealish pulling the strings and both of Chelsea's goals at the Emirates came as a result of James bursting forward from right wing-back.

Now, United are unlikely to approach this evening's contest with wing-backs, but in Jadon Sancho — who will be looking to score for the third game in a row — and Marcus Rashford they have two players who can cause no shortage of damage with their pace and trickery.

Ideally, Ronaldo ought to be joined in the penalty area by Donny van de Beek and Fernandes, should Carrick be brave enough to start both of them in an attack-minded midfield.

https://www.manchestereveningnews.c...nchester-united-arsenal-fixture-news-22340305
The 3 teams (Man City, Chelsea & Liverpool) easily beat Arsenal. Obviously Arsenal couldn't handle these 3 teams style of playing. Those playing on the left & right midfield will be the players to beat Arsenal if they played well.

Last edited:

jahtl62

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Ralf Rangnick • Coaching philosophy, tactics and data-driven football strategy

jahtl62

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Ralf Rangnick • How Jürgen Klopp transformed Liverpool and the key to being an elite head coach

jahtl62

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Ralf Rangnick has been granted his work permit to begin work as Manchester United's new interim manager.

Rangnick will be in the stands at Old Trafford for Thursday's Premier League match against Arsenal, with Michael Carrick in charge of United for the final time in his caretaker spell.

The former Schalke, Hoffenheim and RB Leipzig boss will speak to the media for the first time in the role on Friday ahead of the opening game of his tenure at home against Crystal Palace on Sunday.

jahtl62

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
All those Man Utd players selected to play against Arsenal better give their best because Rangnick will be watching in the stands.

Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.