Manchester United - Theatre of Dreams - Part 38

jahtl62

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
It’s a boomer thing - if u know Leeds well, they are United’s traditional rivals.

new birds some dunno one.
The War of the Roses in the 15th Century, fought between the House of Lancaster (the red rose) and the House of York (the white rose) created a sense of bitterness between the two areas from either side of the Pennines that has never truly disappeared. The fact one team plays in red and the other in white (well, since 1961 anyway) only accentuates that link. It is also a fact that Manchester and Leeds were rivals for business during the Industrial Revolution during the 18th and 19th centuries, and even now compete for new companies investing in the cities.

https://www.manutd.com/en/news/deta...h-leeds-united-ahead-of-tour-meeting-in-perth

jahtl62

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Juan Mata has not ruled out remaining at Manchester United for another season, revealing that a decision will be made on his future during a meeting with Erik ten Hag.

“I will see when we speak how we feel" he told The Athletic. "What his ideas are, after that a decision will be made.”

Mata signed a one-year contract extension last summer on vastly reduced wages in order to remain at the club and he has also revealed his reasoning behind the decision.

"First because I love the club," he explained. "Second because I hoped I could give much more on the pitch than I ended up doing, and third because last season was horrible for me, for many reasons, especially because of the passing of my mum.

“It wasn’t an easy season at all with the pandemic and that personal tragedy,” he says. “I didn’t want to end my career at Manchester United that way, without fans in the stadium, with all that I have lived over the last months.

“I am gonna be very honest, when we made the signings we made I genuinely felt, ‘we are gonna really compete to win the Premier League now’. That’s why I renewed, I wanted to be part of that. One of the things I always say: winning a massive trophy with Manchester United would be an incredible feeling after being here for so many years, knowing the fans and everyone working in the club like I do.”

https://www.manchestereveningnews.c...-news/man-united-transfers-juan-mata-24023002

jahtl62

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Manchester United star Juan Mata has taken a swipe at some of his team-mates for 'not meeting the club's standards' this season, and he insists 'the culture must be reset' at Old Trafford following a dismal campaign.

Mata - who has been at Old Trafford for the last nine seasons and is expected to leave the club on a free transfer this summer - has been left unimpressed by the attitude of some players and said the squad had fallen short of the high standards expected of this famous football club.

'It's clear that on the pitch, we have made many mistakes,' Mata told the Athletic.

Mata has called for a 'reset' within United to change their 'culture' - and brutally stated that anyone who is not 'up to the task' should leave Old Trafford.

'We need a reset in the culture of the club. That's how I feel. The standards, what it means to represent this club to any player, what entitles you to play for Manchester United, what is expected on the pitch and off the pitch.

'Many things that need to be clear - this is Manchester United and anyone who doesn't meet those standards is not up to the task and should not be here. That's as clear as I can be.'

He said United were lacking 'top class individuals in every department', with rivals Man City and Liverpool ahead of them with regards to squad depth and quality players in their squads.

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/f...United-stars-not-meeting-clubs-standards.html

jahtl62

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Man City going to have a very tricky game against Aston Villa. Aston Villa manager & Coutinho were ex-Liverpool players & they will go all out to help Liverpool win the title.

cracker

High Supremacy Member
Reaction score
So Mbappe chose money over RM!!

no wonder the spanish are so angry … didnt they started it first?

Juan_Mata

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score

He got the right to stay what
If he leaves for RM, Paris fans will call him betrayer?
Difficult for players to make decisions nowadays

(^@^)"

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score

Well, the RM players have been using United’s name to negotiate a better contract. Well played, Mbappe.

Swordsman

Banned
Deluxe Member
Reaction score

its power... that old far perez confirm won't agree to that.

Mbappe got a say which staff come in, Leonardo is leaving, poch might be leaving.

cracker

High Supremacy Member
Reaction score
its power... that old far perez confirm won't agree to that.

Mbappe got a say which staff come in, Leonardo is leaving, poch might be leaving.
paying high salary is ok

but when a player has an official say who come or stay is really crazy.

Hypernova

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Got dominated by Liverpool. Stam playing like Maguire. Gary Neville playing like AWB & this type of defending is becoming obsolete.
uh i think the word 'legends' is misused.

both sides filled with old timers that weren't really the star of their times...

Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.