Marble gum vs epoxy grout for tiles

BluBlur

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Hi,

Any opinions about both options are welcome as I’m considering either one for my upcoming resale apartment’s living room tiles. Main concern is to keep the grout clean and maintenance free at least for 5-10 years.

For epoxy grout I have found some known brands while googling, like Davco and Mapei. However i’m unsure who can apply these professionally.

PS: i have already used Groutshield for about 5 years now. The price is unbeatable but I’m looking for something more durable in terms of long term protection vs cost.

thanks in advance.

renohoot

Reaction score

mc_007

Reaction score
Anyone used marble gum? How is it compared against Epoxy? Met 1 ID and she said diff is almost invisible gout line and water resistance.

Unsure how long will this last. What happened if the marble gum deteriorate after years?

Is Eposxy coat better although gout line more visible?

Revolution

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Anyone used marble gum? How is it compared against Epoxy? Met 1 ID and she said diff is almost invisible gout line and water resistance.

Unsure how long will this last. What happened if the marble gum deteriorate after years?

Is Eposxy coat better although gout line more visible?
Based on what some IDs showed me,
Epoxy is they fill your grout lines but u can still feel the lines, it’s just that the epoxy has a rubbery feel to it and perhaps easier to clean.

for marble gum, it smoothens the grout lines to somewhat flush with your floor, giving a smooth flat surface.

The visibility of grout line also depends on the skill of the tiler and material.
There is a certain tolerance for tiles vs marble flooring. (And on marble flooring, the tolerance is more forgiving)

in my current place tiled w marble flooring, no marble gum applied but you won’t feel the grout lines much, as I was told by an ID that it is different for handling of tiles vs marble flooring.

so in my new place I am going to do the marble gum over the homo tiles.

The marble gum used on homogenous tiles depending on your tile colours, grout lines are still visible even with beige homo tiles.

personally having seen my friends neighbours who did it, I feel it’s worth it as the grout lines remain clean over the years.

cyberklan

Reaction score
Hi, would like to revive this topic and ask if anyone has done the marble gum and any reviews or feedback will be much appreciated. Thank u

Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.