Mattress - which brand / types? Part 2

slowth84

Reaction score
From what I gather, for full latex, Monte Carlo is the firmest for this range.
They always have more extreme ranges but those are like 5-6 which i have not bothered to enquire.

Of course for not 100% latex, seahorse or any other brand that might use firmer springs or coconut fibre could be firmer.

But for what I was looking for which was full latex, Monte Carlo would fit that bill.

Teddy9638281

Reaction score
my wife is a side sleeper, we have been having problems trying to find a suitable mattress. tried haylee (right support but too warm), origin (too firm), emma (comfortable in the beginning but too firm as time pass).

Shortlisted woosa Mysa, Serta Lakewood, Serta Minneapolis, Tempur Cloud supreme and Maxcoil Jardin 2

In the end bought Maxcoil Jardin 2 as its value for money, and after 4 months, not perfect, but no major complains.

Its difficult to find a softer bed for side sleepers in Singapore as majority of the mattress available in Singapore are more suitable for back sleeper

what are the downsides
my wife is a side sleeper, we have been having problems trying to find a suitable mattress. tried haylee (right support but too warm), origin (too firm), emma (comfortable in the beginning but too firm as time pass).

Shortlisted woosa Mysa, Serta Lakewood, Serta Minneapolis, Tempur Cloud supreme and Maxcoil Jardin 2

In the end bought Maxcoil Jardin 2 as its value for money, and after 4 months, not perfect, but no major complains.

Its difficult to find a softer bed for side sleepers in Singapore as majority of the mattress available in Singapore are more suitable for back sleepers.
what are the downsides of the Maxcoil Jardine 2 after 4months?

rockyleong

Reaction score
Hi all,

after quite some digging, finally got a
price direct from Mylatex.
I’ve only asked for Rio and Monte Carlo, as I was personally looking only for full latex. if enough PM for Tara i could ask for that for you. Please don’t ask for all kinds of models, no bandwidth to assist.

Comes with 2 latex pillows for Q and above, 1 for smaller, and can choose from 3 different types.

Door to door price, inc delivery and GST,. 40% Downpayment, balance before delivery.

Rio (20cm)
Q-4300 MYR
K- 5100 MYR
SS (13 cm only) - 2000 MYR

Monte Carlo
SS- 4100 MYR
Q- 5400 MYR
K- 6100 MYR.

If anyone is keen, do DM me, I want to order soon.

Hi bro, DMed you.

scottshin

Master Member
Reaction score
I agree, In our hot climate, we HAVE to avoid materials that conform to your body. The hugging means it traps your body heat. Thus, it will make you feel very uncomfortable and hot very fast. Thus why I recommend avoiding foams which Tempur also uses.
It's best to go with firmer mattresses and pillows to ensure your body has space to breath as opposed to having the feeling like you are being hugged by someone or a blanket unwillingly and the heat becoming unbearable very fast even before you fall asleep.

In this aspect, I don't recommend anyone going for big well known brands. Their market was originally for the US, Europe and other colder climate areas where such mattresses like the Tempur makes you feel all snuggly and warm. And when they mean cool, they mean cool to the touch. But if you keep your hands there for a few minutes, it's immediately warm as your body's heat is transferred to the mattress. And especially with soft foam mattresses, expect to get really hot, really fast. Their mattresses don't translate to our climates well since it's hot all year round and even at night that the mattress cool top surface doesn't even have the chance to cool down properly. So yup. Avoid Tempur even though they are a well named brand for the colder climate market.

Thus why I say, pocketed springs are the best because of the amount of space all around the inside of the mattresses since springs take up very little space but for that added comfort, a 100% natural latex on top (as a pillow top which is either combined with the mattress already or you can buy separately and place on your current pocketed spring mattress) which has holes and is slightly on the firmer side like around 7 will be great for a side sleeper as it is not hard enough that you will wake up with a sore arm but it isn't soft enough that you will sink into your mattress and feel hot and stuffy.

From my previous post, I've actually bought a MyLatex 100% natural latex pillow and my goodness. It is so soft and bouncy. You would think I would feel hot and stuffy. It did a bit but it isn't as bad as a cotton or soft foam pillow. I dozed off super fast these past 2 days. Woke up with no sweat. But I do have a home automation that maintains the temperature to be below 26.5 degrees Celsius. So every 2 hours, it might trigger the aircon for 15 minutes before turning it off and turning the ceiling fan back on. But compared to my firm foam pillow I had for years, I don't wake up feeling hot and sweaty for a very soft latex pillow. So it is on par with my firm foam pillow in terms of letting my upper body breathe through the pillow in my sleep.

Just my 2 cents. Other than MyLatex, Greta is also the same as my Latex. Both are reliable Malaysian brands that produce latex from rubber trees and then turn it into these mattresses and pillows.

I got my pillow from PandaSave on Shopee which have the pillows in stock in Singapore for very cheap. So no long waits when shipping from the Malaysian stores instead which you can get these items for even cheaper.
But PandaSave had them for $59.00 for 1 and $109.00 for 2 pillows. And plus your vouchers and whatnot, it was even cheaper. So it sealed the deal for me after good reviews from my family members on their mattresses. But take note. Do not use the pillows and think that's how their mattresses are. Their pillows are level 4; so more in the softer side while their mattresses are level 7; so a lot more firmer.
good post.

scottshin

Master Member
Reaction score
Austin is the rebranded Illy.

Tara is a bit firmer than Rio when I tested them.

Rio is a bit more luxurious than Tara.

So in terms of myLatex's full-latex collection, that gives a plush but firm support and push-back against the curves of the body, the hierarchy and price point is something like this:

Monte Carlo - 12" (30 cm thick block of latex)

Rio - (a few thickness 8", 6" and 5")

Capri - (10", 8", 6" 4) - softest of all 100% latex models

Tara (8", 4", 2")

For those older folks who like more firmness, can go for those latex + coconut fibre models like:

Illy - 10" (more firm than Monte Carlo with added coconut fibre)aka Austin

Lexington - 11" (firmer than Illy)

Costa - 10" (cheaper less latex cousin of Lexington)

AeroFoam, the parent company of myLatex in Malaysia also makes a few hybrid - Latex + spring models like Prince (16"), Elegant (13") and Luxury (13") that I have never tried as I was looking at 100% pure latex mattresses.

should i go for monte carlo or rio?

Teddy9638281

Reaction score
Anyone has review on Jardin 2 mattress after using for several years/months? would like to get my hands on that soon. Been looking around often and it seems like Jardin 2 has what I want in terms of budget/comfort.

scottshin

Master Member
Reaction score
Hi all,

after quite some digging, finally got a
price direct from Mylatex.
I’ve only asked for Rio and Monte Carlo, as I was personally looking only for full latex. if enough PM for Tara i could ask for that for you. Please don’t ask for all kinds of models, no bandwidth to assist.

Comes with 2 latex pillows for Q and above, 1 for smaller, and can choose from 3 different types.

Door to door price, inc delivery and GST,. 40% Downpayment, balance before delivery.

Rio (20cm)
Q-4300 MYR
K- 5100 MYR
SS (13 cm only) - 2000 MYR

Monte Carlo
SS- 4100 MYR
Q- 5400 MYR
K- 6100 MYR.

If anyone is keen, do DM me, I want to order soon.

lol he quoted me 6200 for Monte Carlo when your listing says 6100 MYR.

Boiaukin

Reaction score
Anyone got review for Sleep Tech Mattress? Thinking of getting Super Single for it.

rockyleong

Reaction score
Just received my mattress after PM-ing bro @slowth84

Ordered Tara single. Amazing back/stomach support, not so for side sleepers (could alleviate with higher/thicker pillow). Perhaps this might change in due course.

Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.