[Maylyn - Networking] ASUS RT-AC88U

Jun Jun

Reaction score
Small net builder talks about the gains which ac88u performs the worst. What does the gain refers to?

Jun Jun

Reaction score
Known issue for the latest firmware .3341?

Any known issues like connection drops, or speed slowdown for the latest firmware?

a562140

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
do you guys enable smartconnect and if so, are default settings good to go ?

Jun Jun

Reaction score
I disabled my smart connect. Think there are some bugs like putting your device on the slower 2.4ghz when you want it at 5ghz?Anyway I off the smart connect.

renfred89

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score

Default settings make sure that your devices are all equally treated. But it's on the assumption that u don't have alot of older devices around.

I suggest u customised it according to the type of your devices..

pinky867

Reaction score
Question, hope someone can help.

When the AC88U in access point mode, only can use 4 ports?
The other 4 ports disabled?

maylyn

Master Member
Reaction score
Question, hope someone can help.

When the AC88U in access point mode, only can use 4 ports?
The other 4 ports disabled?

I have asked ASUS TW to double check on this since you have posted on the VQ thread saying that you are only able to use LAN1-4 only on AP mode.

Last edited:

pinky867

Reaction score
I have asked ASUS TW to double check on this since you have posted on the VQ thread saying that you are only able to use LAN1-4 only on AP mode.

Thank you, much appreciated.
I spend many hours with the tech guy trying to solve the problem.
Don't know if its a faulty hardware or a restriction.

dodongdodong

Master Member
Reaction score
Last edited:

wazaguy

Reaction score
HI, I love to but if i having it the centre i need to pull out more from 3 rooms and more patching need to done over the wall ....leaving at near to the end of the wall...i will have my cables in trunking ( asking contractor if they can skim the wall abit then when trunking is lay into it and patch it back like wall) ....and for RT-AC88 should not have problem to send signal back to living room as there is no blockage ...maybe only bouching signal :)

wazaguy

Reaction score
Thank you, much appreciated.
I spend many hours with the tech guy trying to solve the problem.
Don't know if its a faulty hardware or a restriction.

Hi, cant hold back...i called them http://www.asus.com/sg/support/CallUs

one of the CSO say can support only need to know how to configure....i do not have the router with me ....but cos just want to use it for my reno ...so mauybe i go down to there retail to confirm or customer service ( if i passby)

Jun Jun

Reaction score
Anyone facing lag spikes, disconnect from wireless and home plug?

Hi, anyone facing any issue or the 2345 stock firmware? Before I went to exchange my 4th router, previous two sets from harvey during 7 days. Which was 2 weeks back. 2 these two weeks. I was using the 3341 firmware which I did a factory reset after performing the update and I keep getting disconnection at randoms for wireless as well as my home plug. To add on, the latest router that I exchanged was in 2345 firmware which also experiencing the same issue.
Can anyone help me? I am experiencing nothing but trouble with Asus products all the way from phone to laptop to routers now.:s12::s12::s12: Anyone want to buy my router? It is brand new, because apparently it is not as good as what some of you claims. Wanted to dump this router!

Last edited:
Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.