[Maylyn - Networking] ASUS RT-AC88U

Jun Jun

Reaction score
reboot schedule

Btw, what is the time frame for the reboot? Can I choose to reboot it once in a week without any bugs?

Jun Jun

Reaction score
Selling my router

Anyone interested in the 88u? I am thinking of letting it go, pm me if interested. Price is 360 sgd, with the original harveynorman receipt. I want my stable internet back lol, my whole family now keeps complaining to me the wifi drops, haiz worse than my stinktel router...

Last edited:

xonix

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Btw, what is the time frame for the reboot? Can I choose to reboot it once in a week without any bugs?

These are the options:

Date to Reboot Sun Mon Tue Wed Thu Fri Sat
Time of Day 00:00

Whether or not it will have bugs after the reboot will depend on your router+network+devices. Everyone's setup is different.

You may read in this thread that there are both happy and unhappy users of the 88U. So, it might not be working out for you in this instance.

If you change to another model or brand and you still have issues, it's time to investigate your own network.

Jun Jun

Reaction score
So I can choose to reboot once a week?btw, my singtel router doesnt have this issue. My set up is ont to rt88u and home plug for the masterbed room. My room itself is using rt88u. Whereas my family uses home plug. I have a livecam on 24/7. And that is all.
These are the options:

Whether or not it will have bugs after the reboot will depend on your router+network+devices. Everyone's setup is different.

You may read in this thread that there are both happy and unhappy users of the 88U. So, it might not be working out for you in this instance.

If you change to another model or brand and you still have issues, it's time to investigate your own network.

Jun Jun

Reaction score
Btw, I just called singtel hotline and they say my connection is normal. And i have to stress that my issue is intermittent, means it goes back to normal for me aftwr a few mins. Whereas for my mom and dad, they are using home plug and sometimes cant even connect to the internet even after disconnecting from wifi and connecting it back.
These are theoptions:

imacbie

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Guys, I am on singtel mio tv plan 1gbps. Pls help me!
i would think it would be easier if you could SS your router's setting and share it here so at least ppl can see if there's any thing that can be re configer

xonix

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Btw, I just called singtel hotline and they say my connection is normal. And i have to stress that my issue is intermittent, means it goes back to normal for me aftwr a few mins. Whereas for my mom and dad, they are using home plug and sometimes cant even connect to the internet even after disconnecting from wifi and connecting it back.

Worse case scenario.

Put back Singtel router ( turn off Wi-Fi ), set 88U as AP, test for a period ( how long depend on you). See if any difference.

evildoctor

Reaction score
So far, i never experience much issue but maybe sometimes drop connection for a few seconds. I have 3 RT88U. 3 of them have been good. No major issue so far reported by my family members. Just still don't know why the speed on my iphone is not up to its capabilities as my tx and rx rate keep going up and down. Hopefully Asus will further polish up on its firmware and stability.

Jun Jun

Reaction score
Same issue as you:D Random connection drops and it comes back after a few mins.but i have the powerplug and my parents say it doesnt comeback even after they switch off and on their wifi.
So far, i never experience much issue but maybe sometimes drop connection for a few seconds. I have 3 RT88U. 3 of them have been good. No major issue so far reported by my family members. Just still don't know why the speed on my iphone is not up to its capabilities as my tx and rx rate keep going up and down. Hopefully Asus will further polish up on its firmware and stability.

Jun Jun

Reaction score
Will screenshot my wifi settings when i get home. Anyway what sertings should I show?just the wifi under professional tabs?
i would think it would be easier if you could SS your router's setting and share it here so at least ppl can see if there's any thing that can be re configer

maylyn

Master Member
Reaction score
Thank you, much appreciated.
I spend many hours with the tech guy trying to solve the problem.
Don't know if its a faulty hardware or a restriction.

Hi Pinky867,

After ASUS TW's initial investigation, the ASUS RT-AC88 LAN5-8 ceased to function while operating in AP mode is looking to be a bug.

ASUS TW looking into how to resolve it and i will update you again once i have information from them.

Jun Jun

Reaction score
2.4ghz, 5ghz and powerline adapter disconnecting issue?

Hi, anyone lost connection but still able to see the wifi status as connected on your phone and computer?Also if I do not reboot the router, is it ok?

wacko

Arch-Supremacy Member
Deluxe Member
Reaction score
Hi, anyone lost connection but still able to see the wifi status as connected on your phone and computer?Also if I do not reboot the router, is it ok?

what homeplugs/repeaters are you using?

imacbie

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
@Jun Jun

why dun u try factory resetting the router?
dun save and restore the settings. factory reset and re-config from scratch

Jun Jun

Reaction score
Hi, I have tried to reset during the first time and after i reset i reconfig and save my settings just in case it fails again
Then when it failed I tried to upload my setting after yet another reset.
@Jun Jun

why dun u try factory resetting the router?
dun save and restore the settings. factory reset and re-config from scratch

Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.