[Maylyn - Networking] ASUS RT-AC88U

sacar101

Reaction score
Hello Maylyn, any solution for my problem?

I think my router really hate youtube. When I watching on my laptop it sometime it will crash my wireless and only reset my wireless works.

Same goes for my wired connection too, when I downloading on steam and watching youtube at the same time, it crash my internet. (It crash the whole network)

I already tried update driver for network card ( using pure driver for killer e2200 ) , update router firmware, router system restore , change to merlin firmware and playing with the settings. Nothing works =/

I think I won't buy any asus router after this.

Little_orc

Reaction score
Hi Maylyn, recently I noticed my AC88U wireless 2.4Ghz/5Ghz suddenly disappear. All my devices(laptop,desktop,mobile,tv box and tv) not able to detect the both SSIDs, only LAN is working. I need to hard reset the router only the wireless able to detect. This was happened twice.

Anyone experience the same issue? Any resolution?

Thanks.

renfred89

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Hi Maylyn, recently I noticed my AC88U wireless 2.4Ghz/5Ghz suddenly disappear. All my devices(laptop,desktop,mobile,tv box and tv) not able to detect the both SSIDs, only LAN is working. I need to hard reset the router only the wireless able to detect. This was happened twice.

Thanks.

Check your wireless log first. If it's indicated disabled, then likely it's a radio issue than a firmware issue.

Always, ensure that you did not set up wireless scheduler.

jackycar

Master Member
Reaction score

Thanks.

yup i just got this issue today. Firmware 3.0.0.4.380_3341

My wifi just stopped working. It's visible but cannot connect (authentication error).

I off on my router ok again

Little_orc

Reaction score
Check your wireless log first. If it's indicated disabled, then likely it's a radio issue than a firmware issue.

Always, ensure that you did not set up wireless scheduler.

Ok noted, I will try to check the log. Just in case, would you mind share me where to retrieve the wireless log and the scheduler?

Little_orc

Reaction score

My wifi just stopped working. It's visible but cannot connect (authentication error).

My case a bit differ - the SSID suddenly disappear. I tried power on/off several times but still no luck. It resolved only after I hard reset the router.

maylyn

Master Member
Reaction score

Thanks.

By any chance, did you guys SSID and SSID password is only on alphanumeric with or without special symbols and spacing?

Please double check like what Renfred89 has said too, on your wireless log and whether wireless scheduler is in use.

Last edited:

Khairilasny

Reaction score
So, those intermittent disconnect problem with my router which I'm facing, as well as some guys over here, should I go to Asus and ask for exchange again?

renfred89

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
So, those intermittent disconnect problem with my router which I'm facing, as well as some guys over here, should I go to Asus and ask for exchange again?

Asus don't exchange even if you go there and bang table. They need to understand the situation and then assess the need. I mean, I have been there and I saw goondoos go there throw smoke grenade to get a brand new one for sale at bazaar, which obviously asus will not entertain. So the essence here is that don't have your hopes too high when u go there with a problem unless it can be replicated.

On the other hand, if you think you really need to go down, then go lor.

PS: I'm not discouraging anyone to go service centre, just trying to share my personal experience with avertek and their professionalism in dealing with technicality.

evildoctor

Reaction score
NTP bug issues has been resolved in 3314 firmware, but not sure is it related to your case.

If you are not comfortable upgrading to 3314 (due to FCC ruling which one can't downgrade to previous version henceforth - currently this is workaround on how to downgrade via ASUS CPE mini server recovery - please go check out snbforums), or already on 3314, your method of putting your router IP address on the DNS server and with your AP pointing to it as gateway works as well.

Thanks for the feedback. All my three RT88U is on 3314 already. Both of my router that is in AP mode has the same issue. So maybe 3314 did not really fix the NTP issues.

nautilus

Master Member
Reaction score
My case a bit differ - the SSID suddenly disappear. I tried power on/off several times but still no luck. It resolved only after I hard reset the router.

I had it happen to me twice as well on the previous version. I will sometimes lose my 5ghz band in the latest version which can be resolved by rebooting.

ranvier_90

Reaction score
Hi, I'm also facing same problem like others. Suddenly my connection drop, then restart and connection come back for 10-15 mins drop again. Is it router firmware issue or my fiber issue? This quite confusing me because it just happened to me for recent weeks. :s11:

renfred89

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Hi, I'm also facing same problem like others. Suddenly my connection drop, then restart and connection come back for 10-15 mins drop again. Is it router firmware issue or my fiber issue? This quite confusing me because it just happened to me for recent weeks. :s11:

when your connection drop, you refer to WAN connection dropped or wifi connection drop?

Which firmware version are you using?

Jun Jun

Reaction score
when your connection drop, you refer to WAN connection dropped or wifi connection drop?

Hi, I was also facing this issue. Both connection drops, my parents was connecting to powerline, while I connected to 5ghz, my sisters using the 2.4ghz. At random times, we would get disconnected randomly, and connect back after a while. My parents on the powerline was worse, they can't even connect back. I RMA the set the 2nd time. The first set was on 3341, second was on 2345 but it was more stable, so far these few day was ok. Btw, both routers came with some scratches, is the sets refurbished or brand new. Kind of skeptical when the say the set was brand new and there is some scratches.

Image of the scratches or mark of my second router: https://drive.google.com/open?id=0B04Wuqde9us1WGNBWVN6Ukp3VUU

Btw, this is 2015 batch, came without static wrap. I questioned the person, they told me they took some stocks from challenger, because I also notice the box have a dirty sticker tag which belongs to challenger.

ranvier_90

Reaction score

I not sure whether is WAN connection dropped or not because I try to login to router see the status but cannot login.

My firmware version is 3314 now. I think is latest version because I try to update it said already is the latest update.

Jun Jun

Reaction score
I not sure whether is WAN connection dropped or not because I try to login to router see the status but cannot login.

My firmware version is 3314 now. I think is latest version because I try to update it said already is the latest update.

3341 is the latest, I had the same issue as you. Cant even load router page.

Jun Jun

Reaction score
3341 is the latest, I had the same issue as you. Cant even load router page.

My guess is the firmware is unstable, by the way there is no way other than rma your set for now, because the firmware cannot be downgraded. Either that, or you wait for the next firmware to be release, which I doubt it is coming soon.

ranvier_90

Reaction score
My guess is the firmware is unstable, by the way there is no way other than rma your set for now, because the firmware cannot be downgraded. Either that, or you wait for the next firmware to be release, which I doubt it is coming soon.

I see. Just hope they will fix this issue soon because sometime I need internet to work from home.

Jun Jun

Reaction score
it is at funan lv4-30 call VIIPCTRADE Pte Ltd but it is better if u find the shop unit as i duno their signboard put wat. But when i brought mine there is only 1 more unit left on display :)

Haha, you might want to get it replace at avertek. Tell them the issue you are facing. But I cannot guarantee they would give you a new one lol even they said it is new:p Btw, you might want to stay at 2345, the one before 3341. Tell the guy and he will flash it for you. So far no issues for the past one week, and two days without rebooting. Still monitoring.

Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.