[Maylyn - Networking] ASUS RT-AC88U

alertz

Reaction score
stay with 3941 until there's a newer firmware than 7266....
don't ever go hand itchy and update it :D

renfred89

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Seems like your router is a lemon.
Plan to exchange it with a new set at the repair center ?

haha, avertek is not a repair centre, merely a service point to RMA products..

Its difficult to know if its hardware or firmware issue, unless MoDIE can decipher the log? The log will likely to tell you if its firmware thing or hardware thing..

MoDiE

Supremacy Member
Reaction score

tungsten2

Master Member
Reaction score
Thanks will try this.

The logs I can see but not much clue what's it saying.. I did notice that the device name of my Samsung tv is "localhost" and I'm unable to change it at.. weird..

Samsung tv is "localhost" is a bug which the Samsung engineer forget to clear it. Many ppl reported this issue when their Samsung TV cannot connect via wifi to the router because of this bug. I think its best you call Samsung on the fix for this bug for your TV.

Refer to here : http://forums.hardwarezone.com.sg/i...g-tv-causing-issues-wifi-network-5496808.html

Last edited:

Medicated Oil

Honorary Member
Reaction score
haha, avertek is not a repair centre, merely a service point to RMA products..

Its difficult to know if its hardware or firmware issue, unless MoDIE can decipher the log? The log will likely to tell you if its firmware thing or hardware thing..

His situation seems to be getting worse with the latest firmware.
I am not sure whether he tried to check for 5g wifi signal with his handphone.
It is more advisable for him to bring the router to repair center for test to find out.

MoDiE

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
His situation seems to be getting worse with the latest firmware.
I am not sure whether he tried to check for 5g wifi signal with his handphone.
It is more advisable for him to bring the router to repair center for test to find out.

My phone only connects to 5g network.. so no internet means 5g is down.. the 5g led on the router is frozen, no bljnk st all.. 2.4g one still works though..

blurfish29

Reaction score
Rmerlin 380.65_4 been working for me the past couple days, you might want to test that out if you haven't?

My phone only connects to 5g network.. so no internet means 5g is down.. the 5g led on the router is frozen, no bljnk st all.. 2.4g one still works though..

kashix

Supremacy Member
Reaction score

Simpsonskh

Reaction score

Magickiller9

Supremacy Member
Reaction score

jackycar

Master Member
Reaction score
Just change at service centre. Nothing else is really good now hahaha.

I changed from ac88u to netgear Orbi. It's damn sick and fixed the coverage issues in my 3 story terrace house.

My brothers room from 30mbps jump to 290mbps

Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.