[Maylyn - Networking] ASUS RT-AC88U

jowy_ham

Reaction score
ASUS RT-AC5300 + ASUS RT-AC88U Combo

900+Mbps up and down wired performance @ link rate 1733Mbps :D

No luck in @ theoretical max, guess it's possible to achieve 2133Mbps @ lab environment :( :o
Wired ? which means AC88U is wired to AC5300 or do U mean that its performance is near "wired" performance ?

What is the distance the 2 routers ?

Any walls in between ?

maylyn

Master Member
Reaction score
Wired ? which means AC88U is wired to AC5300 or do U mean that its performance is near "wired" performance ?

What is the distance the 2 routers ?

Any walls in between ?

The ASUS RT-AC88U LAN devices performance.

3m ~ line of sight.

wacko

Arch-Supremacy Member
Deluxe Member
Reaction score
at your media bridge, now you can manually set the IP address. I got into this too when i let the media bridge auto assign IP via DHCP.

PS: What is your highest linked speed of your bridge? :)

Ok, have just set it this way, thank you for the tip. I get about 975Mbps, 4 metres apart, with a support pillar (i.e. reinforced concrete wall) in between.

wacko

Arch-Supremacy Member
Deluxe Member
Reaction score
doesn't work, same issue persist. actually the media bridge loses internet connection too. is the RT-AC88U not stable as a media bridge?

Jasyu

Reaction score
Reviews of the rt-ac88u by small net builders does not seem to indicated it being better than ac3200. Hopefully firmware can improve the performance shall hold of the purchase.

SimonLam

Reaction score
doesn't work, same issue persist. actually the media bridge loses internet connection too. is the RT-AC88U not stable as a media bridge?

To be honest, with my limited time using it, the AC5300-AC88U media bridge is much stable than my old dual AC87U bridge. Linked speed is higher.

Just wait for the firmware update. If have issues, hard reset to clear settings :)

m0neytree

Reaction score
anyone receive notice from WTFast about the changes for the free users... I not quite understand whats happening. can someone enlighten me?

wacko

Arch-Supremacy Member
Deluxe Member
Reaction score
To be honest, with my limited time using it, the AC5300-AC88U media bridge is much stable than my old dual AC87U bridge. Linked speed is higher.

Just wait for the firmware update. If have issues, hard reset to clear settings :)

it only manifest itself after several days of using it. gave up and gone back to using WUMC710 as media bridge.

renfred89

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
anyone receive notice from WTFast about the changes for the free users... I not quite understand whats happening. can someone enlighten me?

Me too. I also received that email. Sekali to use WTFast, we now have to subscribe. LOL

:D

FreeRoon

Reaction score
i finally gt mine!!! i gt my at funan for 395 (juz sharing so that ppl can hoot a bit cheaper)

:)

Anyway if i gt singtel TV do i need to connect to a specific port? or and port also can? (i am a blur sotong)

Thanks in advance :)

renfred89

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
i finally gt mine!!! i gt my at funan for 395 (juz sharing so that ppl can hoot a bit cheaper)

Anyway if i gt singtel TV do i need to connect to a specific port? or and port also can? (i am a blur sotong)

Select iptv profile to singtel-others and connect only to port 4..

pauche

Reaction score

Can share which shop selling at 395? Thanks

FreeRoon

Reaction score
Can share which shop selling at 395? Thanks

it is at funan lv4-30 call VIIPCTRADE Pte Ltd but it is better if u find the shop unit as i duno their signboard put wat. But when i brought mine there is only 1 more unit left on display :)

FreeRoon

Reaction score
finally my fibre is set up and link up with my computer via cable, but for a 1Gbps connection when i do my speed test via my computer is only have 10mbps!??!?!?!??!

Anyone can advise on what to do?

Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.