[Maylyn's Review] ASUS RT-AC3200 Router

trichard

High Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Those buying wanna meet SLS tmr ? Can share mobile number via PM so that I can create a whatapps group that can discuss about this router ..... The group I will add VIP ......:D

Last edited:

maylyn

Master Member
Reaction score
i assume that this router also support dual wan via their firmware?

Dual WAN is supported as per other ASUS routers SKU for mostly USB 3G/LTE modem fail-over.

Load-balancing is still works in progress so don't expect it's going to work flawlessly with the ISP you are subscribed to

And total combined bandwidth will not exceed in excess of 1Gbps.

trichard

High Supremacy Member
Reaction score
On my way home from simlim ..... With the AC3200.... From laser ... 409..

kennyg1969

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Dual WAN is supported as per other ASUS routers SKU for mostly USB 3G/LTE modem fail-over.

Load-balancing is still works in progress so don't expect it's going to work flawlessly with the ISP you are subscribed to

And total combined bandwidth will not exceed in excess of 1Gbps.

Thanks... That would explain why my current RT-N66U was unable to failover to my free 1MBps cable via the hubstation HD box...

so it is only workable for USB then...

No matter, planning to decomm my current router and hopping onto the AC3200

maylyn

Master Member
Reaction score
Some connectivity updates using ASUS RT-AC3200 using SingTel Fiber 500M and lower that requires VLAN tagging.

After some extensive checks and highlighted by Nanoflag, ASUS RT-AC3200 is affected by the LAN GE port 1 with limited or no connectivity when the SingTel profile are in used resulting not able to establish Internet connectivity.

GE port 2, 3 and 4 (MIO TV STB port) are not affected.

SingTel Fiber users can continue to use the ASUS RT-3200 by connecting via GE port 2

ASUS has been make aware and I will provide new updates when I have the info.

Regards.

Maylyn

New updates ~ 28/03/2015

ASUS will be releasing a new firmware for ASUS RT-AC3200 which resolves SingTel IPTV LAN connectivity issues very soon.

So SingTel Mio/SingTel Others remain as status quo like other ASUS routers SKUs.

SingTel Mio

1). LAN1 -> Internet
2). LAN2 -> Internet
3). LAN3 -> Voice (2Wire/Aztech)
4). LAN4 -> MIO STB

SingTel Others

1). LAN1 -> Internet
2). LAN2 -> Internet
3). LAN3 -> Internet
4). LAN4 -> MIO STB

This firmware release is out of ASUS's usual debugging/bug fix firmware cycles and it's meant for SingTel Fiber 500Mbps and under AC3200 users only to resolve SingTel IPTV LAN connectivity issues urgently.

The next ASUS AC3200 official firmware will include this fix as well.

If you are not on SingTel Fiber 500Mbps/300Mbps/200Mbps plan, (i.e. SingTel 1Gbps, StarHub, M1, MyRepublic and ViewQwest), this firmware is not applicable to you.

Stay tuned on this thread for the release :)

Regards.

Maylyn

Last edited:

trichard

High Supremacy Member
Reaction score
I just power up my unit ..... firmware 4145.... I am not Singtel user..... what is the latest FW should I use ??

Smart connect enable .... interval = 0 .... see how ...

maylyn

Master Member
Reaction score
I just power up my unit ..... firmware 4145.... I am not Singtel user..... what is the latest FW should I use ??

Latest current ASUS AC3200 firmware is 3.0.0.4.378.4145

Yours is shipped with the latest ;) There isn't any newer official firmware for you to update to :D

As for smart connect - awaiting for your findings ;) :D

I'm still on other aspects of the AC3200 findings =:p

Last edited:

trichard

High Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Latest current ASUS AC3200 firmware is 3.0.0.4.378.4145

Yours is shipped with the latest ;) There isn't any new official firmware for you to update to :D

As for smart connect - awaiting for your findings ;) :D

Ok sure ... will report the finding ..... Hmmm... how come now I have 16 devices connected......:eek: I don't have so many leh .... oh sh*it ... my password 19232015 got hack ?.......:(

It is very siok that Single SSID to cover all Band ....

And ... When is AC5300 coming ?................:D .... saw the post at SB forum......

maylyn

Master Member
Reaction score
Ok sure ... will report the finding ..... Hmmm... how come now I have 16 devices connected......:eek: I don't have so many leh .... oh sh*it ... my password 19232015 got hack ?.......:(

It is very siok that Single SSID to cover all Band ....

And ... When is AC5300 coming ?................:D .... saw the post at SB forum......

To be announced ah :o already craving for the next gen ah? ;)

To be announced (TBA) implies that the event concept has been developed, but is not yet suitable for public announcement.

From Wiki ~ http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/To_be_announced

Last edited:

trichard

High Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Last edited:

renfred89

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score

wah i so jelly of you liao......

try the stock 4145 first.. then play with RMerlin's.. haha

trichard

High Supremacy Member
Reaction score
I see .........:D

Hmmm... Auto connect bring my 2 Andriod phone which is AC ready to 2.4G band ...... how to bring it up to 5Ghz ?

Updated : http://www.snbforums.com/threads/asus-rt-ac3200-smart-connect-rules-fine-tuning.22823/page-2 looks good......
I manage to adjust the smart connect rule - distribute AC and N separately (quite easy)

BF On , Interval = 0

:D

Will monitor it ....

Updated = Forget the Smart Connect .. it anyhow run .....:s13:... have to be 3 SSID now .

Last edited:

guile

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
New updates ~ 28/03/2015

ASUS will be releasing a new firmware for ASUS RT-AC3200 which resolves SingTel IPTV LAN connectivity issues very soon.

So SingTel Mio/SingTel Others remain as status quo like other ASUS routers SKUs.

SingTel Mio

1). LAN1 -> Internet
2). LAN2 -> Internet
3). LAN3 -> Voice (2Wire/Aztech)
4). LAN4 -> MIO STB

SingTel Others

1). LAN1 -> Internet
2). LAN2 -> Internet
3). LAN3 -> Internet
4). LAN4 -> MIO STB

This firmware release is out of ASUS's usual debugging/bug fix firmware cycles and it's meant for SingTel Fiber 500Mbps and under AC3200 users only to resolve SingTel IPTV LAN connectivity issues urgently.

The next ASUS AC3200 official firmware will include this fix as well.

If you are not on SingTel Fiber 500Mbps/300Mbps/200Mbps plan, (i.e. SingTel 1Gbps, StarHub, M1, MyRepublic and ViewQwest), this firmware is not applicable to you.

Stay tuned on this thread for the release :)

Regards.

Maylyn

Can't wait to try it and get my Mio TV back up and running.

trichard

High Supremacy Member
Reaction score
One quick question ......... do I still need to put a laptop cooler below AC3200 just like AC87 to keep it cool ????

Still the same command to check temp ? cat /proc/dmu/temperature

maylyn

Master Member
Reaction score
One quick question ......... do I still need to put a laptop cooler below AC3200 just like AC87 to keep it cool ????

Still the same command to check temp ? cat /proc/dmu/temperature

Yes and CPU != radio

Radios are queried with the wl userspace too.

Alternatively the easiest way is to flash to RMerlin AC3200 firmware.

ASUS@SG

Suspended
Reaction score
Dear all,

Below beta firmware will resolve bug for "Singtel users". However, if you are using another ISP and you may flash the firmware as well.

Download: http://goo.gl/n1n6WM

Best regard,
JK

Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.