[Maylyn's Review] ASUS RT-AC3200 Router

ptey

Reaction score
Dear all,

Below beta firmware will resolve bug for "Singtel users". However, if you are using another ISP and you may flash the firmware as well.

Download: http://goo.gl/n1n6WM

Best regard,
JK

Updated the beta firmware, however the MIO TV is struck at loading page, no TV program shown..

ptey

Reaction score
Have u tried a reset or a reboot with power off?

Yes, I have off everything and restart accordingly.

There is a new firmware notification after I installed the beta firmware..

Last edited:

renfred89

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score

Oh well... Lets wait for others to see if they face the same problem.. If not, try resetting nvram by holding down WPS when powering on..

trichard

High Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Yes and CPU != radio

Radios are queried with the wl userspace too.

Alternatively the easiest way is to flash to RMerlin AC3200 firmware.
Hmm.... don't really get you ..
Can share the actual command here???

ptey

Reaction score
Dear Ptey,

Just press No to upgrade :)

Best regard,
JK

What I meant is there is a new firmware notification after the beta firmware update but didn't press anything and the MIO TV doesn't work. And the Lan port 1 also not working at the same time. I have to use back my RT-AC68 to have them work again. So I have to keep my RT-AC3200 in the box again.

guile

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Dear all,

Below beta firmware will resolve bug for "Singtel users". However, if you are using another ISP and you may flash the firmware as well.

Download: http://goo.gl/n1n6WM

Best regard,
JK

Updated the firmware successfully. Powered off the router, Mio TV and ONT. Powered on the ONT, followed by the router and lastly the Mio TV. After waiting for the Mio TV to fully load up, I am happy to say that it is now working again at Port 4.

I then connect my switch to port 1 (previously on port 2) and it's working as well.
Lan 1, 2 and 3 are all working now.

I do not have Mio Voice, so I can't test whether Lan 3 works for it.

Quite happy with this beta firmware, though I have not tested the Smart Connect yet as I prefer to assign my devices to the individual channels manually to get its maximum speed. :)

maylyn

Master Member
Reaction score
Updated the firmware successfully. Powered off the router, Mio TV and ONT. Powered on the ONT, followed by the router and lastly the Mio TV. After waiting for the Mio TV to fully load up, I am happy to say that it is now working again at Port 4.

I then connect my switch to port 1 (previously on port 2) and it's working as well.
Lan 1, 2 and 3 are all working now.

I do not have Mio Voice, so I can't test whether Lan 3 works for it.

Quite happy with this beta firmware, though I have not tested the Smart Connect yet as I prefer to assign my devices to the individual channels manually to get its maximum speed. :)

Glad it's working for you now :D

Just ignore the notification yellow exclamation mark to upgrade the firmware. This fix will be incorporate into the next ASUS official AC3200 firmware.

Mind telling me what is your SingTel ONT brand? Ericsson, Alcatel or ZTE? I'm trying to concur some findings :s22:

guile

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Glad it's working for you now :D

Just ignore the notification yellow exclamation mark to upgrade the firmware. This fix will be incorporate into the next ASUS official AC3200 firmware.

Mind telling me what is your SingTel ONT brand? Ericsson, Alcatel or ZTE? I'm trying to concur some findings :s22:

It's the white Ericsson. Connected on its LAN 1.

maylyn

Master Member
Reaction score
Updated the beta firmware, however the MIO TV is struck at loading page, no TV program shown..

From what i have gathered, looks like SingTel issued ZTE ONT are affected with ASUS RT-AC3200.

SingTel issued Ericsson ONT (which I'm using) and Alcatel ONT (another tester uses it) have tested this beta firmware more than once on our SingTel Fiber 500M/300M.

Firstly, what is your brand of your SingTel ONT? If ZTE, you have to contact SingTel to replace it that comes with a newer firmware or alternatively opt for Alcatel ONT. Ericsson ONT should be already EOL. Or get a smart switch to manage the SingTel VLAN tagging.

If not ZTE ONT, please detail your setup process again, so we can have a look @ it again.

P.S ~> Guile has just posted and he has no issues using this SingTel beta firmware on his AC3200 on his SingTel Fiber.

Last edited:

ptey

Reaction score

Oh well... Lets wait for others to see if they face the same problem.. If not, try resetting nvram by holding down WPS when powering on..

Dear Ptey,

Just press No to upgrade :)

Best regard,
JK

What I meant is there is a new firmware notification after the beta firmware update but didn't press anything and the MIO TV doesn't work. And the Lan port 1 also not working at the same time. I have to use back my RT-AC68 to have them work again. So I have to keep my RT-AC3200 in the box again.

Yes done that and is still the same.

OK sorry have make a mistake on the position of the Lan ports. Now the router work flawlessly for me. Thanks for all the helps!!! :s13::s12:

Francis85

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Hi,

As far as I know ZTE only new firmware is to resolve MIO Voice noisy issues, as for issues for asus AC3200...... Hm....... As for changing to ALU ONT, I think this is not possible, as NLT need to re-do patching to ALU circuit then able to support ALU......

From what i have gathered, looks like SingTel issued ZTE ONT are affected with ASUS RT-AC3200.

SingTel issued Ericsson ONT (which I'm using) and Alcatel ONT (another tester uses it) have tested this beta firmware more than once on our SingTel Fiber 500M/300M.

Firstly, what is your brand of your SingTel ONT? If ZTE, you have to contact SingTel to replace it that comes with a newer firmware or alternatively opt for Alcatel ONT. Ericsson ONT should be already EOL. Or get a smart switch to manage the SingTel VLAN tagging.

If not ZTE ONT, please detail your setup process again, so we can have a look @ it again.

P.S ~> Guile has just posted and he has no issues using this SingTel beta firmware on his AC3200 on his SingTel Fiber.

renfred89

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Hi,

As far as I know ZTE only new firmware is to resolve MIO Voice noisy issues, as for issues for asus AC3200...... Hm....... As for changing to ALU ONT, I think this is not possible, as NLT need to re-do patching to ALU circuit then able to support ALU......

do you know if the firmware will be pushed automatically to our ONTs?

ptey

Reaction score
If activate the AiProtection will affect the performance of the router?

Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.