[Maylyn's Review] ASUS RT-AC87U

dfran1

Reaction score
Not sure what is the changesbon ps4 but ps3 do not have such problem. Playing battlefield and latency is low.

Did you enable ctf+fa? FA only possible when DPI is disabled.

Most likly not
Please tell where these settings can be found
I'm game to try

Edit. The PS3 was just a massive lag machine all together , when I got the ps4 my lag went away

Last edited:

trichard

High Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Those who have 5Ghz DC issue - Can you all set the CH to 36 and not AUTO.
Monitor and report back here whether you still have DC issue .

ahduck

Reaction score
Your devices all switch to 2.4G ... any DC problem over at 2.4G CH AUTO ?

Actually I have no clients connected on 2.4Ghz on AC87U. So never really test.

When I run inSSIDer, the signal of 5Ghz of my N66U is stronger and more stable.

So I decided to set it up as AP with 2.4Ghz disabled to connected my N devices with only 5Ghz.

tuapuikia

Reaction score
Let me know if anyone want to test their Singtel unlimited plan using iperf3. I have iperf3 server running and ready to serve.

ho_kuku

Reaction score
ASUS's devices emit radio frequency radiation that’s out of compliance with the FCC’s technical requirements and could interfere with authorized communications.

Wonder if our ac87u is hazardous to our health. Hmmm...

Full article here: http://www.techhive.com/article/2895908/yes-asus-cheated-the-fcc-fined-the-router-maker-last-year.html#tk.rss_all

tuapuikia

Reaction score
ASUS's devices emit radio frequency radiation that’s out of compliance with the FCC’s technical requirements and could interfere with authorized communications.

Full article here: Yes, Asus cheated: The FCC fined the router maker last year | TechHive
My ac87u can boost the tx power to max 29dbm. But no I am not allowed to set it as Asus have remove the capabilities in the blob driver. Show us more prove and we will believe you.

At the mean time, my Quantenna 5ghz can only set to 23dbm max. WTF!

renfred89

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score

Full article here: Yes, Asus cheated: The FCC fined the router maker last year | TechHive

Well if there is evidence in radio frequencies damaging health, then we are submerged in a land of radio frequencies..

If i am not wrong, IDA does regulate the use of air space in terms of radio frequencies. The units we have are regulated already..

trichard

High Supremacy Member
Reaction score

It is a know fact long time liao ......

I can even received 2 bar signal at level 1 of my block lift (open area) while I stay level 10.... tx power is set only to 50% ..... what do you think?

renfred89

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
It is a know fact long time liao ......

I can even received 2 bar signal at level 1 of my block lift (open area) while I stay level 10.... tx power is set only to 50% ..... what do you think?

strangely... I can't the moment i walk to my lift.. :(

ahduck

Reaction score
There is no magic channel, all you need to do is use wifi analyzer to detect which channel is free in your premise.

Correct. I always use inSSIDer to scan for least congested channels for both my 2.4Ghz and 5Ghz frequencies.
My block surrounding area probably has 50-60 wifi ssids. So a 'best/ magic channel' is practically unavailable.
Even if there is one uncongested channel today, other days might be all jammed up. And all thanks to those who set 'AUTO' channel esp to those ST users.
Those ppl don't even bother to change their default ssid; needless to say, to set up their router correctly. :mad:

Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.