It's because SingTel Fibre will render the AC87U into an unoperbable state when on CTF2 and the only way is recover is to hard reset back to factory default. Doesn't matter which SingTel Fiber plan you have having. You can try to see for yourself.
You should update to RMerlin's AC87U firmware instead. It's consists of the latest Quantenna public 5GHz drivers as mentioned @ the RMerlin's change log and some minor fixes. ASUS 2061 is already considered old.
We are already testing the next subset of Quantenna 5GHz performance closed drivers.
This release is only available for the RT-AC87U, to provide a FW release that uses the [B]latest public wifi driver[/B] for this new router.
- NEW: Merged with Asus GPL 2061. This is essentially
the new QTN driver for the AC87.
- FIXED: Various webui issues with IE10/IE11 (patch by pinwing)
- FIXED: OpenVPN Client page was visible on the RT-N16
- FIXED: DHCP pool validation error on VPN Server advanced page.
- FIXED: Couldn't edit the first VPN Client entry due to broken
duplicate check (Asus bug)
(1) Enhanced the button and LED response time.
(2) Added the application icons in Bandwidth monitor.
(3) Update to Quantenna’s latest driver which can improve long range RT-AC87U to RT-AC87U performance
(1) Fixed OpenVPN client UI issue.
(2) Fixed the NTP sync error when user manually assigns the NTP server IP.
(3) Fixed AiCloud IE11 compatibility bug.
(4) Fixed USB icon at wrong position in network map.
(5) Fixed reboot issue when changing the 5GHz band from auto to 161.
(6) Fixed PPTP VPN server connection issue due to special character usage
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.
Please refer to our Terms of Service for more information.