[Maylyn's Review] ASUS RT-AC87U

uplinkhack

Reaction score
Hi, I'd like to do a quick check. I understand that Asus routers have a preset for Singtel ONT, but does this preset also work for business fibre ONT? If not, what can we do?

Thanks in advance!

renfred89

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Hi, I'd like to do a quick check. I understand that Asus routers have a preset for Singtel ONT, but does this preset also work for business fibre ONT? If not, what can we do?

Thanks in advance!

I am afraid the presets will not work for business platforms. However, I don't think the business fibre requires any presets. The wireless-N router they provided does not seem to be a compulsory equipment in the network infrastructure, I may be wrong..

Francis85

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Business FTTH for singtel no need set presets....... just need set DHCP on router only...........

Thanks in advance!

tuapuikia

Reaction score
Quantenna firmware

Can someone tell me is this the latest Quantenna image from beta firmware?

mucfw @ 0x8644c235 = "qtn_driver.qtn_ruby.0.bin"
dspfw @ 0x8644c275 = "rdsp_driver.0.bin"
aucfw @ 0x8644c2b5 = "auc_driver.0.bin"
mac0 @ 0x8644c228 = xxxxxxxxxxxxx
mac1 @ 0x8644c22e = 00:00:00:00:00:00
mucfw version: = v36.7.0.31.1
calib version: = disable
DC/IQ calib version: = V8.1
POWER calib version: = V8.1
Firmware build version: = v36.7.0.31
P4 branch: = from GPL release
Build date (epoch secs): = 1425542886

Last edited:

michael_thm

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
This thread scared me off from switching to ddwrt. Instead I used merlin instead but I had lotta problems with it.

Finally I gave in and tried to flash ddwrt. Instead of following the instructions here, I tried just using the firmware upgrade option in the AC87U's homepage after resetting to factory settings ( I dun think this is necessary thought)... it worked. The firmware update went smoothly. I resetted manually and everything worked fine.

Posted just to let others who are scared off from ddwrt know that those instructions may not be necessary.

ahduck

Reaction score
This thread scared me off from switching to ddwrt. Instead I used merlin instead but I had lotta problems with it.

Posted just to let others who are scared off from ddwrt know that those instructions may not be necessary.

Cross Flashing fw isn't scary. Its the horrible fw and the constant of resetting to factory defaults and manually re-setting up the router that scariest..

sequalancer

Reaction score

Finally I gave in and tried to flash ddwrt. Instead of following the instructions here, I tried just using the firmware upgrade option in the AC87U's homepage after resetting to factory settings ( I dun think this is necessary thought)... it worked. The firmware update went smoothly. I resetted manually and everything worked fine.

Hi, are u using 1GB Fibre plan? May I know what's the speed test u get using DD-WRT firmware and does DD-WRT support NAT Acceleration? Thanks

michael_thm

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Hi, are u using 1GB Fibre plan? May I know what's the speed test u get using DD-WRT firmware and does DD-WRT support NAT Acceleration? Thanks

Yes I am on 1GB but I am not carrying down my desktop to test speed until I verify that ddwrt resolve my main concern of device seemingly connected but cannot access the internet when the router status say I am connected plus my printers keep disappearing from the network... So won't be testing speed. Maybe you check with someone else in this thread.

nat acceleration? I dun think so.

sequalancer

Reaction score
Yes I am on 1GB but I am not carrying down my desktop to test speed until I verify that ddwrt resolve my main concern of device seemingly connected but cannot access the internet when the router status say I am connected plus my printers keep disappearing from the network... So won't be testing speed. Maybe you check with someone else in this thread.

nat acceleration? I dun think so.

Thanks for replying. I bought a unit of ac87u and loaded with merlin 378.51 with beamforming off, it has been up and running for more than 48 hours till today I notice there's intermittent inaccessibility to internet on LAN and wireless. Checked the system log and found lines of error below.

kernel: br0: received packet on vlan1 with own address as source address
kernel: Dead loop on virtual device vlan2, fix it urgently!
kernel: br0: received packet on vlan1 with own address as source address

After rebooting the router, error message gone.

Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.