Melbourne - Must buy/eat

AL22DA

Reaction score
I'm heading there in about 1 month time. Can you all recommend me what is the must eat and must buy? :):s8:

xtwis7

Arch-Supremacy Member
Deluxe Member
Reaction score
Buy actually almost nothing special?

Eat I would say Fisho’s at Torquay for fish n chips.

+39 for pizzas. Tipo 00 for pasta.

Rice Paper Scissors for Asian fusion tapas style food.

juxtaposition

Reaction score
Me is go cbd famous restaurant place before/at 5pm n take their Chef menu, cost will be about $80++/pax

AL22DA

Reaction score
Buy actually almost nothing special?

Eat I would say Fisho’s at Torquay for fish n chips.

+39 for pizzas. Tipo 00 for pasta.

Rice Paper Scissors for Asian fusion tapas style food.

Cool! I love fish & chips.

Is the portion huge? :s13:

Any recommendation for souvenirs then? you know when we travel, ha, we need to buy something back for fam/friends :s22:

juxtaposition

Reaction score
Still have the photos in my phone
I recommend this for dinner
yaMiiIt.jpg

Awesom Andy

Reaction score
I will be staying in CBD area. Any late night food around CBD that you will recommend? I eat supper everyday ha :s13:

I sometimes take visitors to Stalactites. It's reasonably good and cheap, and most people based in SG rarely come across Greek food so that's a plus as well.

Comage

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
I will be staying in CBD area. Any late night food around CBD that you will recommend? I eat supper everyday ha :s13:

Be aware of drunkards/druggies or gangs roaming the streets late night.

Sure, you may come across local law enforcement patrolling on horseback late night, but you must still take necessary precautions if **** happens.

AL22DA

Reaction score
Be aware of drunkards/druggies or gangs roaming the streets late night.

Sure, you may come across local law enforcement patrolling on horseback late night, but you must still take necessary precautions if **** happens.

:(:s11::eek: Noted.
Thank so much for sharing. I will definitely be careful and be alert of my surroundings.

xtwis7

Arch-Supremacy Member
Deluxe Member
Reaction score
My experience with Aussie food is that yes their servings are all huge. Though the prices are easily $20+, it’s justified by the bigger portions.

Cool! I love fish & chips.

Is the portion huge? :s13:

Any recommendation for souvenirs then? you know when we travel, ha, we need to buy something back for fam/friends :s22:

Awesom Andy

Reaction score
My experience with Aussie food is that yes their servings are all huge. Though the prices are easily $20+, it’s justified by the bigger portions.

It's a bit like enforced bulk buy. It's fine if you want to eat that much, but sometimes, I just want 1x chicken rice, not 3x in 1 go.

AL22DA

Reaction score

is it possible to share the food then? bc i know in certain country, they don't like the ideas of 2 sharing 1 food portion at their restaurants

Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.