[Mobo] BEWARE!! of the latest Gigabyte motherboard

Status
Not open for further replies.

MPotato

Reaction score
Pls check properly before u buy. Stupid giga try to smoke me and the shop also never say. I went to SLS to buy Giga B85M-D3H mobo to replace my spoiled MSI mobo. When I going to fix the mobo into the computer, then see mobo CPU area is like this.

Appendix%2520F-2.JPG

https://picasaweb.google.com/lh/photo/Evrwqeb07hbj-mr4ejgjg9MTjNZETYmyPJy0liipFm0?feat=directlink

It should be fill with pin one leh…and some of the components missing on mobo and the size is smaller sia….I not sure if the component is important or not, but lucky can boot up.

Then at giga website and then noe got two diff version... but suai la.. I buy the newer version which is the cut cost 1..

I think the shop is also not aware of this as well!!! They did not mention it in their invoice or on the box and their website is using the first version.

I think gigabyte should highlight the diff ver and not try to hide it. Seem like they want to smoke customer with low quality products.

Appendix%2520A.jpg

https://picasaweb.google.com/lh/photo/OAIOl06fFD0knVaQqt7d8dMTjNZETYmyPJy0liipFm0?feat=directlink

The box never say, the invoice no write, the manuel book also never say, the pricelist also no write properly. And shop people also not educated abt this!!

Appendix%2520B.JPG

https://picasaweb.google.com/lh/photo/4LMt7X5y_FXC1gZCjjBU-NMTjNZETYmyPJy0liipFm0?feat=directlink

Appendix%2520D.jpg

https://picasaweb.google.com/lh/photo/dnSfWI6LbwLEsA3A6ZbJwtMTjNZETYmyPJy0liipFm0?feat=directlink

got this from bizgram
IMG_0253-1.jpg

https://picasaweb.google.com/lh/photo/sUs3I3uPaJ_HMbkKbK7SE9MTjNZETYmyPJy0liipFm0?feat=directlink

Onli at the sticker you can see the diff version. Like that so misleading … who the hell can see, nobody will check there 1 leh….

IMG_0261-1.jpg

https://picasaweb.google.com/lh/photo/R4VK_L_naDM2WR00XT3KQ9MTjNZETYmyPJy0liipFm0?feat=directlink

I also found a spelling mistake on the sticker.. quite funny. I think they never check and paste blindly.

IMG_0268.JPG

https://picasaweb.google.com/lh/photo/knjMA6LQgDS6b1Zdo-nKF9MTjNZETYmyPJy0liipFm0?feat=directlink

Not sure if other models are affect.… So please check before buying.

Anyone here who has buy this board??? I hope I’m not an “Isolated case” here.

Anyway, I already reported this to case and hope can get an exchange to another mobo model or get back MSI mobo. Pray that CASE will take up my case.. since they recently so hardworking in SLS to stalk Jover…

case-id.jpg

https://picasaweb.google.com/lh/photo/R0o2EGM25BxHnlzd53wIn9MTjNZETYmyPJy0liipFm0?feat=directlink

Last edited:

shadow84

High Supremacy Member
Reaction score
First thing first, make ur pics bigger. Its a hassle to keep opening all of the links.

U shld bring ur mobo to CDL trading and highlight to them, ask for 1-to1- replacement.

CASE wun really help u de, and they are not bz stalking Jover.

Anyway, CDL is quite good in services, so i dun believe a solution can be worked out. U just need to calm ur balls down and talk to them. Talk to SLS no point since they receive the goods frm CDL.

And what is the spelling error on the sticker?

muddle

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Motherboard revisions are quite common though it seems only gigabyte have separate links for different revisions on their website. For what purpose i do not know. But one thing for sure they will not purposely revise to something that will damage the components.

All i can see is just layout revision and socket metal housing. The lever should still work no problem. Your cpu should still be secured. All the advertised features are intact.

I bought the h97 d3h and could not have bern happier. Running 24/7 since early last month.

Last edited:

wtfh4x

Master Member
Reaction score
Gigabyte always got a lot of revisions. Some the heatsinks will change color and shape, some the ram slots change color.

sglords

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Nothing wrong with e pins. Gigabyte website gt put 2 ver on website. U can chk it yourself. Beside buy icon

Rev 2 is newer version
If u wan rev 1, u can ask for e staff to show u e box and can chk for u.

U can email to bizgram, they will be happy to help u with this.

muddle

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Gigabyte always got a lot of revisions. Some the heatsinks will change color and shape, some the ram slots change color.

Yes revisions mostly involving layout and component placement. But all the features will still be there unless explicitly stated.m

I would be pissed if they remove features without notice.

MPotato

Reaction score
muddle: ya.. i nt sure abt feature, but some component got remove, do noe impt 1 or nt impt 1. maybe u heng lo.. i also didn't expect

shadow84: ok.. make the pic bigger, paiseh..

12122012: i really dont know got diff revision and what ver in sg.. so i think v misleading.'

the funny part is should be redeem not refund la.. so typo mistake.

Last edited:

MPotato

Reaction score
btw, i only notice one the cpu pin there is all fill up, one is half fill up.. that y i go find out then found diff ver...

i will email bizgram and cdl about this...

fuzzyball

Reaction score
Just a noob question.

The different in the number of pins contacting the CPU in the middle has no impact on the performance?

I saw the mosfet from 4 to 3, 6 capacitors to 4 capacitators and I can't see clearly the green area some chip is missing. That is OK?

muddle

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
muddle: ya.. i nt sure abt feature, but some component got remove, do noe impt 1 or nt impt 1. maybe u heng lo.. i also didn't expect

shadow84: ok.. make the pic bigger, paiseh..

12122012: i really dont know got diff revision and what ver in sg.. so i think v misleading.'

the funny part is should be redeem not refund la.. so typo mistake.

Not redeem. It is indeed refund. I know cuz i just collected my cheque from cdl last week.

muddle

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Just a noob question.

The different in the number of pins contacting the CPU in the middle has no impact on the performance?

I saw the mosfet from 4 to 3, 6 capacitors to 4 capacitators and I can't see clearly the green area some chip is missing. That is OK?

I can see the newer revision removed the capacitors and power phase for the cpu. I believe it is more of cost reduction since b85 motherboards are not meant for overclocking and thus they probably felt it suffice to deliver the necessary power to the cpu.

nannan82

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
It seem like a making a hill out of molehole.... if the advertised feature all working... I not one who care whether the put 10 or 12 cap on the noard.... unless u so engineering savvy tat having 1 or 2 less componenton the board will render the mobo useless after a while... den ya... the court will open door big bigand entertain u

royfrosty

High Supremacy Member
Reaction score
I dont see why you need to file it to case and i dont see why you need to relate Jover/Mobile Air into the pic.

Bro, take note that is not even the retailers fault that they sell you a rev 2 mobo neither did they scam your money into telling you to pay additional $1000 for warranty claims.

Not siding Bizgram or something, but you need to calm yourself down rather than going all out to file a Case with Bizgram.

Bizgram takes their stocks from CDL. CDL supplied what to them, they sell what.

Be it rev 1 or 2 it is really depend on oneself to check what is it before purchasing.

Mobo revision is very common. Whether is it for the better or worse that is not up to us to decide. Yes you can see rev 1 looks very "satki", and rev 2 looks like shyt. But all we know is that, there is nothing wrong with the mobo bought.

B85 is not meant for OCing, and since you have bought a non unlocked CPU, i dont see why you need to go all out for the components on the board.

Anyway what i feel you can really do right now is, drop the Case suite, cause in all there is nothing going to be done by them. Going back to the retailers may not help if you insist on a rev 1 board. All they can tell you is no refunds, but an exchange to different brand is possible. If you still die die want a rev 1 board, then email CDL about the issues or head down to the service centre and take a look.

Cause for all we know that if the shop sells a rev 2 board, they will still return to you and say they do not have rev 1 board.

nannan82

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
2nd royfrosty.... to file a case against bizgram over tis issue is damn kuangzhang.... at the very least let cdl or bizgram know abt the issue u facing b4 even embarking on going to case...

and releasing rev 2 dont mean rev 1 got pepblem... sometime it might be an enhancment... and r u going to complain tat enhancmwnt is bad??? Duh...

MPotato

Reaction score
2nd royfrosty.... to file a case against bizgram over tis issue is damn kuangzhang.... at the very least let cdl or bizgram know abt the issue u facing b4 even embarking on going to case...

and releasing rev 2 dont mean rev 1 got pepblem... sometime it might be an enhancment... and r u going to complain tat enhancmwnt is bad??? Duh...

i did nt say rev 2 gt problem. i even can boot the motherboard. what i say is that.. it is NOT an enhancement..

my understanding of enhancement = more things. not less.

so u tink it is enhancement? which part is enhance?

ryuxdragonx

Reaction score
i did nt say rev 2 gt problem. i even can boot the motherboard. what i say is that.. it is NOT an enhancement..

my understanding of enhancement = more things. not less.

so u tink it is enhancement? which part is enhance?

Enhancement can be in the form of power efficiency?

By your logic mobile phones now should be 3x the size of this:

st-dai-gor-dai.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.
Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.