MoCA Network Setup | Ethernet over TV cable

vaxvms

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Thanks for all the comments. All clear. I am now trying to get those 100mbps adaptor to test my 2 points first.
If all works well, I will definitely look at the MOCA adaptors going at 1GB mbps.
I might be buying Gocoax then if I am getting MOCA adaptors. Did you all buy directly from their website and how long did it take to reach Singapore?
yes i got it from web site 2 years ago when telco terminate coaxial
also u can request uk power plug as well
quite fast to reach me

vaxvms

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
DB setup: Green arrow (data in), Red arrow (data out). Disconnected the main coming in and install the 75ohm termination caps (on unused ports) to reduce noise:
lwmhwSx.jpg

indoor setup everyone should be std except for outdoor riser

did u install a poe filter like soontai lpf-1002m3 urself ?
or ask starhub do for u ?
but some say poe filter not needed anymore...just disable incoming signal ....correct me if i were wrong

wat i understand for moca is will send the internet data go to public and run whole round before back to ur designated room MOCA....thats why speed is slower though streamming will nto be affected
only problem if sway kenna from neighbout complain something disturbing their equipment signal n they find out u the source might have some issue with law

Last edited:

TanKianW

Master Member
Reaction score
indoor setup everyone should be std except for outdoor riser

did u install a poe filter like soontai lpf-1002m3 urself ?
or ask starhub do for u ?
but some say poe filter not needed anymore...just disable incoming signal ....correct me if i were wrong

wat i understand for moca is will send the internet data go to public and run whole round before back to ur designated room MOCA....thats why speed is slower though streamming will nto be affected
only problem if sway kenna from neighbout complain something disturbing their equipment signal n they find out u the source might have some issue with law

Yap, no POE filter installed at all for my case.

I just disconnect the incoming main in my DB (on my own), to prevent signal transmitting to neighbouring units. Creating a close loop.​

Last edited:

vaxvms

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Yap, no POE filter installed at all for my case.

I just disconnect the incoming main in my DB (on my own), to prevent signal transmitting to neighbouring units. Creating a close loop.​
but mine is lock
only the main on/off is unlocked

or am i seeing the wrong one ?

TanKianW

Master Member
Reaction score
but mine is lock
only the main on/off is unlocked

or am i seeing the wrong one ?

Not sure if you are looking at the right place. Or maybe your set up is different from mine.

My main is coming in from here (red circle) in the picture (DB point). I just simply disconnect the coaxial cable, cap it with a 75ohm termination cap and it is done.​

EhCSKB0.jpg

vaxvms

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Not sure if you are looking at the right place. Or maybe your set up is different from mine.

My main is coming in from here (red circle) in the picture (DB point). I just simply disconnect the coaxial cable, cap it with a 75ohm termination cap and it is done.​

EhCSKB0.jpg

my circuit breaker box is in store room but we not talking abt this box right

outside my house got another box but is LOCK. maybe is this one :(
only got another small box unlock. that one is to off the house main electricity

anyway things working well for 2 years
but since saw can close the loop so wanted to see anything i can do

TanKianW

Master Member
Reaction score
my circuit breaker box is in store room but we not talking abt this box right

outside my house got another box but is LOCK. maybe is this one :(
only got another small box unlock. that one is to off the house main electricity

anyway things working well for 2 years
but since saw can close the loop so wanted to see anything i can do

If you see something like mine, you should be able to disconnect the mains directly coming in.

My coaxial main coming in is exactly right above the circuit breaker.

vaxvms

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
If you see something like mine, you should be able to disconnect the mains directly coming in.

My coaxial main coming in is exactly right above the circuit breaker.
problem is cannot find haha

cannot be calling a locksmith to break open the box outside my house right lolxx

Tyer

Master Member
Reaction score
Had just purchased a pair of 2nd hand EOCC adaptors as mentioned in my earliest message.
I had tried to install this over the last 2 days and this is my experience.

My current set up is Asus AX-88 router running on Aimesh with 2 Asus Lyra nodes(1 wired, 1 wireless) in 2 separate rooms.

I had kept the the router and 1 of Lyra node as it is.

ONT - AX88 Router - via Ethernet to 1 x Lyra.

I then did the additional connection on Thursday.

ONT - AX88 Router - EOCC Master Adaptor via Coax to EOCC Slave Adaptor - via Lan to Laptop.
This is working fine and thus I assumed the EOCC set is working.

On Friday, I tried the following.

ONT - AX88 Router - EOCC Master Adaptor via Coax to EOCC Slave Adaptor - via Lan to 2nd Lyra.

This did not work as I can see inside the Asus Web GUI that the 2nd Lyra is connected via 5ghz and not Ethernet.
Not sure where I did wrong or it is a limitation of the Lyra.
Tried a few times as well as using another Coax outlet in another room. Did not work also.

Finally I decided to reset the 2nd Lyra and set it up as an Access Point and tried to do the same connection as what I did on Friday. Turn out that it worked.
The SpeedTest on my phone showing a very stable 75Mbps for the EOCC in the bedroom.

Will most probably use this for a while before upgrading to MOCA.

The only doubt is why the 2nd Lyra node cannot be connected like Aimesh similar to the 1st Lyra.
Anyone has any thoughts on that?

xiaofan

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Had just purchased a pair of 2nd hand EOCC adaptors as mentioned in my earliest message.
I had tried to install this over the last 2 days and this is my experience.
My current set up is Asus AX-88 router running on Aimesh with 2 Asus Lyra nodes(1 wired, 1 wireless) in 2 separate rooms.
I had kept the the router and 1 of Lyra node as it is.
ONT - AX88 Router - via Ethernet to 1 x Lyra.
I then did the additional connection on Thursday.
ONT - AX88 Router - EOCC Master Adaptor via Coax to EOCC Slave Adaptor - via Lan to Laptop.
This is working fine and thus I assumed the EOCC set is working.
On Friday, I tried the following.
ONT - AX88 Router - EOCC Master Adaptor via Coax to EOCC Slave Adaptor - via Lan to 2nd Lyra.
This did not work as I can see inside the Asus Web GUI that the 2nd Lyra is connected via 5ghz and not Ethernet.
Not sure where I did wrong or it is a limitation of the Lyra.
Tried a few times as well as using another Coax outlet in another room. Did not work also.
Finally I decided to reset the 2nd Lyra and set it up as an Access Point and tried to do the same connection as what I did on Friday. Turn out that it worked.
The SpeedTest on my phone showing a very stable 75Mbps for the EOCC in the bedroom.
Will most probably use this for a while before upgrading to MOCA.
The only doubt is why the 2nd Lyra node cannot be connected like Aimesh similar to the 1st Lyra.
Anyone has any thoughts on that?

You may try to check the AImesh settings to prioritize Ethernet backhaul.

Starhub EOCC or EOC adapters are meant for the Fibre TV box and will not exceed 100Mbps as far as I know. Therefore AImesh may decide Wireless is better for the backhaul.

Moca will be much faster than EOCC/EOC or power line adapters. I have AV2000 Powerline adapters and they are usually not exceeding 300Mbps due to the fact they will not be located in the same circuit but rather through different circuit breakers even they are within the same household.

ng.melvin

Reaction score
Just want to check that I can set up MOCA as below right?

ONT -> router -> MoCA -> cable point @ living room -> cable point @ bedroom 1 -> MoCA 1 -> wireless AP 1-> cable point @ bedroom 2 -> MoCA 2 -> wireless AP 2 -> cable point @ bedroom 3 -> MoCA 3 -> wireless AP 3

theoretically able to get 4 MOCA sets to ensure all rooms have an AP? Though it’s an overkill I guess…

ng.melvin

Reaction score
I seem to have overbought four sets (2pairs) of the actiontec MOCA 2.0 plugs. If anybody needs a set, do feel free to pm me…

Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Terms of Service for more information.