MOE Kindergarten Teacher

sharminzzzzzz

Reaction score
written in MTL
interview - both english and MTL
thanks!!! were the questions difficult to answer? in the end you got your priority choice MTL? Saw that you have been assigned the 5 day stint, how was it or was it yet to be done?

SORRY I HAVE SO MANY QUESTIONS!!

mistycloudy

Reaction score
thanks!!! were the questions difficult to answer? in the end you got your priority choice MTL? Saw that you have been assigned the 5 day stint, how was it or was it yet to be done?

SORRY I HAVE SO MANY QUESTIONS!!
no, yet to do my 5 days stint

Last edited:

cgga123

Reaction score
Hi anybody knows what is an Appointment Formalities session? Like do what one ah haha

Tobybanana

Reaction score
Hi! Has anyone gone for the 5 day stint? Wondering if anyone could share their experience here (what is expected of us, what we’ll be doing, is it tough, i heard we’ll be shadowing the teachers? What’s that like) ☺️ im so nervous for mine and i dont know how to prepare for it

cgga123

Reaction score
During the AF they’ll tell you that it is based on organisational requirements. But they’ll try to deploy within 1h15mins travelling time.
That being said, I know of someone who is deployed quite far from her residential address.
Can u describe what happens during the AF session? I received an email to attend one

Tobybanana

Reaction score
Hi everyone this is my timeline.
Background: fresh grad looking for 1st full time job

Jun Application
Aug Interview
Oct 5day Stint
Oct Request for documents including reference check
Nov Medical examination
Nov Request for further information

*delay as dr from raffles medical ask to go hospital for further checks*
Nov Consultation
Dec Scan
Dec Results

Have emailed the doctor & hr the proof that I’m fit to work, but yet to receive any reply.
Now waiting :-(
Hi can share with us how your 5 day stint was like?

Helpmehelpme

Reaction score
Hi can share with us how your 5 day stint was like?
OH wow been a long time since I logged in here. I'm currently doing my 9-month course at NIEC, going for my 3rd and final practicum next month and completing the course very soon in November!!! Regarding deployment, they will only inform you after graduating, I think.

For the 5-days stint, its really fun, you don't have to do assignments or anything :) Just be an assistant and shadow your main teacher, talk to the kids etc. Unlike practicum, we have lots of assignments to do while being attached to the centre. I'm doing MTL btw.

nurulyasmin

Suspended
Reaction score
OH wow been a long time since I logged in here. I'm currently doing my 9-month course at NIEC, going for my 3rd and final practicum next month and completing the course very soon in November!!! Regarding deployment, they will only inform you after graduating, I think.

For the 5-days stint, its really fun, you don't have to do assignments or anything :) Just be an assistant and shadow your main teacher, talk to the kids etc. Unlike practicum, we have lots of assignments to do while being attached to the centre. I'm doing MTL btw.
Thank you for sharing!! Did you do things like read a big book etc??

Tobybanana

Reaction score

Omg thank u for sharing your experience! apart from shadowing the teacher, am i expected to come up with lesson plans or having to take charge of anything alone? Sorry another qn, after completing your 5 day stint, did u have to go for a language proficiency test? If so, how is it like? ☺️ & all the best to u!

Helpmehelpme

Reaction score
Thank you for sharing!! Did you do things like read a big book etc??

Omg thank u for sharing your experience! apart from shadowing the teacher, am i expected to come up with lesson plans or having to take charge of anything alone? Sorry another qn, after completing your 5 day stint, did u have to go for a language proficiency test? If so, how is it like? ☺️ & all the best to u!
Hi guys, no worries :) Yes, reading the big book is the only β€œsit down and teach” part. For the 5 days stint there’s no need to do lesson plan or teach. You will get to do that only when you’re in NIEC doing Prac 3. Just sit there, observe the class, interact with kids and assist the teacher. You won’t be alone cos you are the main teacher’s β€œshadow” haha! Nope, I scored A1 for my O-Level so I was not required to take a proficiency test.

Unicornabc

Reaction score
Hi guys, no worries :) Yes, reading the big book is the only β€œsit down and teach” part. For the 5 days stint there’s no need to do lesson plan or teach. You will get to do that only when you’re in NIEC doing Prac 3. Just sit there, observe the class, interact with kids and assist the teacher. You won’t be alone cos you are the main teacher’s β€œshadow” haha! Nope, I scored A1 for my O-Level so I was not required to take a proficiency test.
You mentioned you did MTL, so the lessons in NIEC are all conducted in MTL?

4ilzzzz

Reaction score
Hi! Has anyone gone for the 5 day stint? Wondering if anyone could share their experience here (what is expected of us, what we’ll be doing, is it tough, i heard we’ll be shadowing the teachers? What’s that like) ☺️ im so nervous for mine and i dont know how to prepare for it
Hello everyone! I just ended my 5 day stint this week :)) It was a pretty fun & enjoyable experience, I had to sit down with the kids to observe the lesson and assist the teachers whenever they need help. Also, I had to complete a daily reflection (there are guiding questions for this) and meet up with the centre head at the end of the day to tell her about the reflection! I applied as an EL teacher but the centre allowed me to sit in the MTL lesson to gain experience. At the end of the stint, we will need to read one of the big books to the children and be assessed but its really chill and great vibes!

nurulyasmin

Suspended
Reaction score
Hello everyone! I just ended my 5 day stint this week :)) It was a pretty fun & enjoyable experience, I had to sit down with the kids to observe the lesson and assist the teachers whenever they need help. Also, I had to complete a daily reflection (there are guiding questions for this) and meet up with the centre head at the end of the day to tell her about the reflection! I applied as an EL teacher but the centre allowed me to sit in the MTL lesson to gain experience. At the end of the stint, we will need to read one of the big books to the children and be assessed but its really chill and great vibes!
Hi! Just wanted to ask you if you did the full 5 days of the stint? Did you have a centre closure on Friday?

Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.