Motorised desk for standing/sitting PC use

vamprose

High Supremacy Member
Reaction score
I bought ikea's skarsta (hand crank, not motorised), 6 months in the table top starting to warp alr :(

hg2

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
I bought ikea's skarsta (hand crank, not motorised), 6 months in the table top starting to warp alr :(

The old ikea table top, it solid wood inside... had two for 10yrs and gave away when moving house... instead got the new one it's honey comb paper and air inside, if touches water it will start to deform... not to mention it will warp under heavy weight... :s13: hope the Haworth HAT can last...

hg2

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Anyone can advise if those ergo curve surfaces are useful or a gimmick?

First look, it's designed for angmoh/middle age with big beer belly... or serious myopic needs to stick their face to the monitor :s13:

Just joking, u can lean forward and provide more arm rest. Good for those with wrist or arms problems, and u don't need to buy extra arm support accessories.

tribalblu

Reaction score
Ergo surfaces are just for aesthetic purpose. Don't waste money paying more for less surface area.

thisislife

Reaction score
it’s legit though, i always order stuff from taobao and ship to their china warehouse, 70cents per 500g cap at $30 for first 30kg. and it’s even cheaper if u buy taobao stuff through their app, but the their exchange rate is horrible. downside is sea shipping need to pay gst even if good under $400.

i use youtrip as it offers the best exchange rate in favour of us.

that being said, i didn't know sea shipping charge gst even below $400, where does it says that

coffeekopi

Reaction score
i use youtrip as it offers the best exchange rate in favour of us.

that being said, i didn't know sea shipping charge gst even below $400, where does it says that
Hi, did anyone get the ezbuy table? Can share review and total after shipping From the website review seems decent.

Naoyuki

Reaction score
I bit the bullet and bought the Omnidesk Pro 2020 in 72" white top and black frame for SGD850. Supposed to be backordered to early July but the next day they sms to schedule delivery in 1 week lol.

So here's my review of the desk and it's stability so far in the 1 day i have it.

TLDR: It's a lot more stable than the the old Omnidesk Pro and the Ikea Bekant, but Ikea Idasen is just slightly more stable at height but it's smaller and more expensive with limited size/top options and no memory control pad.

Assembly: I assembled the desk myself, it's not too difficult to assemble but the parts are damn heavy. i took longer because the two sides of the underframe is not interchangeable and had to reinstall on both sides. One side has 2 holes to screw it into the desk and the other only has one. Otherwise, probably can finish in about an hour, an electric screwdriver make it a lot easier, i still hand tightened after that as mine is only 4.8v. The box with the legs are SUPER heavy though, need at least 2 people to carry. Also need two people to flip the desk over. I installed the control pad last to prevent damaging it when flipping over. I recommend watching youtube for tutorials on fixing up the desk and referring to manual for the screw needed for each step

Motor: The motor is actually quite quiet and very fast. about 6-7 seconds from sit to stand. Not much vibrations either. Seems like very good quality.

Desk Surface: My desk surface is the white powdercoated top which they advertised as being able to be used as a mousepad. But no, dont use it as a mousepad unless you want to destroy your mouse skates/feet. i moved my Logitech G304 mouse on the mousepad with newly replaced skates from a few days ago and it scratched the feet badly, making it rough when using it on my cloth mousepad again. Also, when using the mouse for that few seconds on the desk surface, it felt rough and you can feel the desk literally scratching the mouse feet, doesnt feel like a hard mousepad at all.

Stability: Currently on my desk, i have one 31.5" and 27" monitor mounted on the grommet in the middle using a Prism+ Arc 02 arm. As im typing this review now at sitting height with my 'hard' typing style, i don't notice any wobbling and shaking, maybe only a bit of vibrations if i really slam the keys on my keyboard. I almost cannot shake the table left to right or front and back at this height, thought the monitors will wobble very slightly if i purposely try hard to shake it, which you wont do while using this desk normally anyway. Same if you're trying to press ur weight on the front of the table, you will make the monitors shake just a little bit, though its still very sturdy unlike the old omnidesk of ikea Bekant.

At standing height for me at 108cm (im 176cm tall), typing normally doesn't wobble the table though if you look very closely at the monitors, you will notice a very very small amount of shaking which you will not notice while doing any work. At this height, if you try to rock the table front and back, it barely even moves. Of course the monitors will wobble slightly if you purposely do that with strength. But left to right stability at this height isn't as good, though i don't think i will be doing any work that will cause the table to shake left and right. Even when trying to play CSGO with my low sensitivity, meaning i have to move my mouse with my arm at fast speeds, i didn't really notice much shaking; there is a small bit of shake on the monitor when i flick my mouse across the whole pad, but not really a problem because it's only a little bit of shaking.

Overall i think it is solid enough, definitely better than the old one i tried at IT show which felt cheap and shaky even at sitting height. But the left to right stability could have been better. I haven't tried the AmpDesk yet but have tried the Bekant and Idasen at Ikea. This desk is definitely more stable than the Bekant, but the Idasen feels slightly more solid to me overall which i think is due to the feet design. I never tried the idasen with two monitors on an arm so i'm not exactly sure. Downside is Idasen does not have one-touch memory control pad, which is actually very useful.

Considering this is the cheapest option (besides Bekant which i will not recommend) compared to other brands at this specs class, especially at this size of 72"x30" or 183x76cm, i would say it's a good buy, but i definitely wont call it cheap either. Ampdesk does not have this size option and need to pay extra $200 for customised top, and extra for 7 year warranty, making it more expensive. I got 3+2 year warranty free with the promo and another 2 year free (total 7 Years) if i post a pic on fb or ig. I just feel they should not advertise their surface as a mousepad when it ruins my new mouse feet :(

Sounds like it's pretty good, F for your mouse feet though :s13:

vpsupun

Reaction score
Options I've on the table now.

• Ergoedge : ~768 ( 60" table with BlackFriday voucher code )
  • Omnidesk : ~801 ( 60" table with BlackFriday voucher code )
  • IKEA height adjustable table : ~789

Trueblue82

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Options I've on the table now.

• Ergoedge : ~768 ( 60" table with BlackFriday voucher code )
  • Omnidesk : ~801 ( 60" table with BlackFriday voucher code )
  • IKEA height adjustable table : ~789

got another sg brand Own element. can have a look.

Francis85

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Hi,

Need help for recommendations for a 49" monitor along with 5.1 speaker set up & cpu on top..... i was looking at ikea but read table sag for the karbly models. hence looking for others.

Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.