MS surface pro 4 in singapore?

watzup_ken

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
mine is EVO Plus (U3) 256GB.

I see. This is probably one of the fastest SD card without breaking the bank. I have seen those UHS II ones that are asking for double the price if not more.

evq

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
I see. This is probably one of the fastest SD card without breaking the bank. I have seen those UHS II ones that are asking for double the price if not more.

what is the speed for the UHS II?
I got this EVO plus at just 125 from qoo10

watzup_ken

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
try SanDisk

Sent from Samsung SM-G965F using GAGT

For the same price, you can probably only get a UHS I and U1 class SD card from Sandisk. Compared to the U3 Samsung card, it will be slower.

evq

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
For the same price, you can probably only get a UHS I and U1 class SD card from Sandisk. Compared to the U3 Samsung card, it will be slower.

True. But soon my internal 256GB will not be enough.

shaojie2k

Reaction score
How often do u guys used the touch/gesture functions on surface pro? What apps/software are optimized for it?

watzup_ken

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
True. But soon my internal 256GB will not be enough.

I think you will need to manage the storage well in the meantime till you decided to change it. I recall it is not easy to replace the SSD in there.

I still stand by my recommendation not to spend too much money on SD card as they generally don't last and perform as well as a proper SSD.

evq

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
I think you will need to manage the storage well in the meantime till you decided to change it. I recall it is not easy to replace the SSD in there.

I still stand by my recommendation not to spend too much money on SD card as they generally don't last and perform as well as a proper SSD.
Agreed, will try to manage my data first.

There's no way to upgrade anything in a sp.

haloedwin

Reaction score
cheaper choice will be using a bigger microsd card and a very small usb drive for more storage.

200gb microsd plus a 256gb usb drive so total storage become 700gb

watzup_ken

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
cheaper choice will be using a bigger microsd card and a very small usb drive for more storage.

While this is true, you need to mindful that there isn't a lot of USB ports on the SP. I did think about using the Sandisk Ultra Fit previously on my Lenovo Miix 720, but the limited USB ports is a deterring factor for me.

pai000000

Reaction score
The white LED on my charging cable started blinking, and my Surface Pro cannot charge.
I did a free replacement of the power cord (that connects to wall socket) but problem not solved, so I think its the brick-shaped power adapter issue.

Any options besides buying a new power adapter? (124 SGD) :(

zhtan10

Banned
Reaction score
The white LED on my charging cable started blinking, and my Surface Pro cannot charge.
I did a free replacement of the power cord (that connects to wall socket) but problem not solved, so I think its the brick-shaped power adapter issue.

Faced same issue too. Changed a few adaptors. In the end found out is battery fault.

daytonadeltona

Master Member
Reaction score
there is currently a "recall" for surface pro 4 with flickering issues, no need to pay even if warranty is expired

yes, u r right, my surface pro 4 was collected by singpost and send back to MS for a free 1-1 exchange last friday.

My pro 4 has flickering screen for like 1yr.

joesph

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
IbQdZRbl.jpg

Sent from Samsung SM-G965F using GAGT

gongkia2000

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Can someone explain to me how come the surface pros are generally so much more expensive than the equivalent ipad pros? Why would I get a surface over an iPad?

kaixin18

Reaction score

While this is true, you need to mindful that there isn't a lot of USB ports on the SP. I did think about using the Sandisk Ultra Fit previously on my Lenovo Miix 720, but the limited USB ports is a deterring factor for me.

either multi usb port or cloud

hi. my younger brother is going to uni end of this month to study politics. i want to buy him a laptop and tablet separately. i am looking between microsoft and apple. can you recommend me which brand, which model to get him and why?

in case anyone want to flame me why I am choosing these 2 brands please understand that I never studied well. my brother has a chance to be in uni. i want the best for him so i only am looking at these 2 brands. thanks.

evq

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
apple or microsoft, that depends on him whether he prefers which OS.

If u die die must need a tablet & a laptop, surface pro is gd, or u can find other similar products from Acer, Lenovo or Dell.

I used to own SP4 & current SP 2017 for office work (eg. MS office, reading & annotating PDF, photoshop), serves me well. Like its light weight & reasonable batt life. When I in office, i have the surface dock(sold separately) to connect it to 2 external Full HD monitors, no lag. But it will lag if I connect to my home 3440x1440 monitor.

However, there are some Cons;
- No way to upgrade or change battery or repair by 3rd party in future.
- Keyboard & pen are sold separately, but they are a must for ur bro. Taking notes, drawing with the pen is just wonderful. Now i cant do without the pen.
- Expensive vs other brands.

todayisgood

Reaction score
apple or microsoft, that depends on him whether he prefers which OS.

If u die die must need a tablet & a laptop, surface pro is gd, or u can find other similar products from Acer, Lenovo or Dell.

I used to own SP4 & current SP 2017 for office work (eg. MS office, reading & annotating PDF, photoshop), serves me well. Like its light weight & reasonable batt life. When I in office, i have the surface dock(sold separately) to connect it to 2 external Full HD monitors, no lag. But it will lag if I connect to my home 3440x1440 monitor.

However, there are some Cons;
- No way to upgrade or change battery or repair by 3rd party in future.
- Keyboard & pen are sold separately, but they are a must for ur bro. Taking notes, drawing with the pen is just wonderful. Now i cant do without the pen.
- Expensive vs other brands.

I use outlook 365 and it “not responding “ quite often when I do email search. Do you experience the same issue? Other than this issue, it’s a wonderful piece to have.

Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Terms of Service for more information.