MS surface pro 4 in singapore?

g_t2006

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
I bought the Surface Pro in the US (Aug 2017). It has been having the flickering issue for a while. It didn't bother me much but now I'm intending to sell the Surface. Should I exchange it for a refurnished set and sell it or sell it and let the new owner do the exchange?

What are the pros and cons of each?

hueman

Reaction score
I bought the Surface Pro in the US (Aug 2017). It has been having the flickering issue for a while. It didn't bother me much but now I'm intending to sell the Surface. Should I exchange it for a refurnished set and sell it or sell it and let the new owner do the exchange?

I'm not sure about US sets, but if you were to service an out-of-warranty set in SG, that will be more than SGD600 not including the courier charges to send n the unit to Microsoft. I was contemplating this option but with the SP6 coming in, the resale value of SP4 will drop considerably.

hueman

Reaction score
I'm not sure about US sets, but if you were to service an out-of-warranty set in SG, that will be more than SGD600 not including the courier charges to send n the unit to Microsoft. I was contemplating this option but with the SP6 coming in, the resale value of SP4 will drop considerably.

Oh well, I ate my own words. I just got my out-of-warranty SP4 replaced FOC. The replacement is a refurbished set with additional 3 months warranty. The entire process took 5 business days :)

vijayp70

Reaction score
My Surface Pro 4 bought 18 months back in Singapore also suffered the screen fluttering problem. Initially it was not very bad and used to occur only after few hours of work. But lately it started happening all the time with the tablet heating up badly.

Well I finally contacted Microsoft yesterday and they are picking up my faulty tablet tomorrow and giving me a refurbished set as replacement with 90 day warranty. Hope it works.

hueman

Reaction score
My Surface Pro 4 bought 18 months back in Singapore also suffered the screen fluttering problem. Initially it was not very bad and used to occur only after few hours of work. But lately it started happening all the time with the tablet heating up badly.

Well I finally contacted Microsoft yesterday and they are picking up my faulty tablet tomorrow and giving me a refurbished set as replacement with 90 day warranty. Hope it works.

Glad to know you are receiving a replacement :)

akita16384

Reaction score
Me too!

Just to share that I got the sp4 sent in for out-of-warranty replacement!

Call the hotline 800 1013659, speak to a customer service officer. Your mileage may vary, I had to send them a short video of the screen problem.

After a few days, they called me back to arrange for a replacement. Appreciate the CSO handling my case, 'cos he really explained to me in detail what steps would proceed from that point on. :):)

Waiting for the sp4 to reach them and a replacement to be shipped back.

UPDATE:

Got mine delivered a few days ago!! Whoopee!!! With 3 mths warranty extension from delivery date.

Last edited:

kaixin18

Reaction score

Call the hotline 800 1013659, speak to a customer service officer. Your mileage may vary, I had to send them a short video of the screen problem.

After a few days, they called me back to arrange for a replacement. Appreciate the CSO handling my case, 'cos he really explained to me in detail what steps would proceed from that point on. :):)

UPDATE:

Got mine delivered a few days ago!! Whoopee!!! With 3 mths warranty extension from delivery date.

call hotline?

Sent from Samsung SM-G965F using GAGT

Glad to know you are receiving a replacement :)

i using lenovo laptop now but want to buy surface pro. the microsoft singapore website cannot let me buy it. i think no stock. where is the best place to buy and how much is it? if got good package please tell me.

also since the pro 6 got no USB C then where to get pro 4 since some said here on this forum that 4 is better than 5 and 6. thanks.

tkdboi

Master Member
Reaction score
I might be selling off mine haha almost new set as it was replaced a few months ago by MS and then seldom used.

You keen?

Sent from Samsung SM-G975F using GAGT

melodyyml

Reaction score
It is only 15 days only to reach 3 years, today just called: 800 1013659, the service person is quite patient, due to I could not describe properly, thus I upload my video to him, now I am pending carrier to contact me to ship surface pro 4 for repair.

melodyyml

Reaction score
800 1013659 choose surface product-Technic issue, talk with customer service, better prepare a vedio.

Fallingrain

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Is battery bloated free replacement even when out of warranty? My surface laptop gen 1 the keyboard middle area arching upwards and the lid can't close down fully

Sent from Samsung SM-G975F using GAGT

PatchAdam

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score

UPDATE:

Do you guys get back a pro 4 or a newer model since the pro 4 has been out of sales for so long.

BiG_FisH

Master Member
Reaction score
  1. Dial 800 1013659
  2. Home User Press 1
  3. Technical Support Press 1
  4. Surface Device Press 3
  5. Within Warranty Press 1 otherwise Press 2

Tried calling the support hotline but keep failing at step 5 (tried both 1 & 2)...the line keep getting cut off once it says connecting my call. :s22:

Yufang_2111

Reaction score

Waiting for the sp4 to reach them and a replacement to be shippedback.

UPDATE:

I tried calling in MS and they said they are unable to provide out of warranty replacement :( It will cost over $900 to repair the screen instead. The officer said that if anyone has received a replacement unit for free under an out of warranty period, they will do the same for me too. Are you able to help me out and provide me with your case ID or something so that I can show it to them as a reference? Please :X

BiG_FisH

Master Member
Reaction score
I tried calling in MS and they said they are unable to provide out of warranty replacement :( It will cost over $900 to repair the screen instead. The officer said that if anyone has received a replacement unit for free under an out of warranty period, they will do the same for me too. Are you able to help me out and provide me with your case ID or something so that I can show it to them as a reference? Please :X

I managed to call in today and told them that my screen flicker, searching online led me to the MS support page depicting the issue and offering the exchange (Source).

The CSO gladly arranged the exchange request for me and set up a courier to pick up my SP4...maybe those successful bros here can help you out.

P.S. Mine is also out of warranty though...expired in Dec 2018. I have prepared video proof to show them the flicker issue but CSO nv asked for it.

Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.