MS surface pro 4 in singapore?

kaixin18

Reaction score
Just to share that I got the sp4 sent in for out-of-warranty replacement!

Call the hotline 800 1013659, speak to a customer service officer. Your mileage may vary, I had to send them a short video of the screen problem.

After a few days, they called me back to arrange for a replacement. Appreciate the CSO handling my case, 'cos he really explained to me in detail what steps would proceed from that point on. :):)

Waiting for the sp4 to reach them and a replacement to be shipped back.

UPDATE:

Got mine delivered a few days ago!! Whoopee!!! With 3 mths warranty extension from delivery date.

It is only 15 days only to reach 3 years, today just called: 800 1013659, the service person is quite patient, due to I could not describe properly, thus I upload my video to him, now I am pending carrier to contact me to ship surface pro 4 for repair.

800 1013659 choose surface product-Technic issue, talk with customer service, better prepare a vedio.

1. Dial 800 1013659
  2. Home User Press 1
  3. Technical Support Press 1
  4. Surface Device Press 3
  5. Within Warranty Press 1 otherwise Press 2

Tried calling the support hotline but keep failing at step 5 (tried both 1 & 2)...the line keep getting cut off once it says connecting my call. :s22:

when u speak to the american cso did you enhance your english accent or spoke in the usual cultural way?

Yufang_2111

Reaction score
I managed to call in today and told them that my screen flicker, searching online led me to the MS support page depicting the issue and offering the exchange (Source).

The CSO gladly arranged the exchange request for me and set up a courier to pick up my SP4...maybe those successful bros here can help you out.

P.S. Mine is also out of warranty though...expired in Dec 2018. I have prepared video proof to show them the flicker issue but CSO nv asked for it.

Lucky you! Yeah really hoping any bros out here can pass me out. I just need the serial number of any unit that was replaced for an out of warranty period. Once they have this serial number, they will proceed to do the same for mine.

Sigh, not sure why there is different standards though, or maybe the issue lies with the officer I’m speaking with.

BiG_FisH

Master Member
Reaction score
Received my refurb set yesterday, damn efficient by MS support team.

Yufang_2111 I'll PM you my Service Request number.

_nivla

Master Member
Reaction score
Hi everyone,

i just called microsoft today regarding the flickering issue on my SP4
However, they told me that they can only do replacement for purchases in Dec 2016 onwards, and mine was in Feb 2016.

Hence i am not eligible for the replacement, he gave me 2 options
1) pay 800++ to get SP 5
or
2) Trade in my faulty set and get a new product

Is there anyway i can still get the replacement pls?

Yufang_2111

Reaction score
Omg thank you!!!!

Anyway I tried and I shall update everyone here (So that no one will end up wasting their time). For the flickering issue, MS is willing to extend 2 years of warranty on top of your original 1 year warranty. Hence if your unit is within 3 years of your purchase date, you are technically out of warranty but MS is able to replace your unit. If your unit is beyond 3 years of your purchase date, MS will not replace your unit.

So for me, my unit is beyond 3 years of purchased. I’m mad at NS for not doing a total recall but there is nothing I can do. This will be the last time I’m dealing with MS products.

Anyway thank you to the bros whom assisted, truly appreciated :) Especially Big_Fish.

yanxin

Reaction score
Thank you for taking the trouble to return with an update! It confirmed my fears as my SP4 was bought in March 2016 and beyond the 3 years deadline too.

I wasted 30min talking to the luckless CSO who took my call and got the same ultimatum as everyone else - pay $885 for a SP5 or get some 3rd party to fix it. MS is a dead end.

On the bright side, I saw that digital hospital is doing a screen replacement for SP4 at $279. One of their listed problems for a screen replacement is 'Screen Flicker', which is probably a common problem for SP4 everywhere. The replacement screen comes with 3 months warranty and a 92% success rate (their words).

I am considering the deal even though I don't need an SP4, because the alternative is a dead elephant in storage. If anyone else is interested, here's the carousell link I saw -

https://sg.carousell.com/p/12-12-c0...o 4 screen flicker&t-referrer_sort_by=popular

joesph

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Thank you for taking the trouble to return with an update! It confirmed my fears as my SP4 was bought in March 2016 and beyond the 3 years deadline too.

I wasted 30min talking to the luckless CSO who took my call and got the same ultimatum as everyone else - pay $885 for a SP5 or get some 3rd party to fix it. MS is a dead end.

On the bright side, I saw that digital hospital is doing a screen replacement for SP4 at $279. One of their listed problems for a screen replacement is 'Screen Flicker', which is probably a common problem for SP4 everywhere. The replacement screen comes with 3 months warranty and a 92% success rate (their words).

I am considering the deal even though I don't need an SP4, because the alternative is a dead elephant in storage. If anyone else is interested, here's the carousell link I saw -

https://sg.carousell.com/p/12-12-c0...o 4 screen flicker&t-referrer_sort_by=popular

sell as part

ChaosPaladin

Reaction score
got a problem with my surface pen for SP4. can click the button but not able to ink.
tried all the solutions that i found online but none works. the pen work briefly 2 days back but is currently dead again. changed the battery but still not working. any solution for this?

BiG_FisH

Master Member
Reaction score
Anyway I tried and I shall update everyone here (So that no one will end up wasting their time). For the flickering issue, MS is willing to extend 2 years of warranty on top of your original 1 year warranty. Hence if your unit is within 3 years of your purchase date, you are technically out of warranty but MS is able to replace your unit. If your unit is beyond 3 years of your purchase date, MS will not replace your unit.

So for me, my unit is beyond 3 years of purchased. I’m mad at NS for not doing a total recall but there is nothing I can do. This will be the last time I’m dealing with MS products.

Anyway thank you to the bros whom assisted, truly appreciated :) Especially Big_Fish.

glad to be of help:s12: so did you managed to get your SP4 replaced?

kaixin18

Reaction score
Do you guys get back a pro 4 or a newer model since the pro 4 has been out of sales for so long.

I received my RMA with refurbished set

I tried calling in MS and they said they are unable to provide out of warranty replacement :( It will cost over $900 to repair the screen instead. The officer said that if anyone has received a replacement unit for free under an out of warranty period, they will do the same for me too. Are you able to help me out and provide me with your case ID or something so that I can show it to them as a reference? Please :X

Hi everyone,

i just called microsoft today regarding the flickering issue on my SP4
However, they told me that they can only do replacement for purchases in Dec 2016 onwards, and mine was in Feb 2016.

Hence i am not eligible for the replacement, he gave me 2 options
1) pay 800++ to get SP 5
or
2) Trade in my faulty set and get a new product

Is there anyway i can still get the replacement pls?

now im using dell laptop but it is very old ba. but still can use. because i go sim lim and give it fresh life. now i need to get another device to read ebooks in the train and take notes in class.

for tablet i am only looking at these 2 brands. i saw one yishun shop the second hand prices for ipad pro 9.7'' is ($399) and 10.5'' is ($499) and microsoft Surface (havent seen any shop selling at second hand yet).

i am looking at second hand. which one should i get and why? also where to buy second hand beside carousell? any physical shop you recommend? thanks.

KingPinz

Reaction score
  1. Dial 800 1013659
  2. Home User Press 1
  3. Technical Support Press 1
  4. Surface Device Press 3
  5. Within Warranty Press 1 otherwise Press 2

Tried calling the support hotline but keep failing at step 5 (tried both 1 & 2)...the line keep getting cut off once it says connecting my call. :s22:

Common problem, use the online call back function during Singapore time office hours instead

KingPinz

Reaction score
Just to share that I got the sp4 sent in for out-of-warranty replacement!

Call the hotline 800 1013659, speak to a customer service officer. Your mileage may vary, I had to send them a short video of the screen problem.

After a few days, they called me back to arrange for a replacement. Appreciate the CSO handling my case, 'cos he really explained to me in detail what steps would proceed from that point on. :):)

Waiting for the sp4 to reach them and a replacement to be shipped back.

UPDATE:

Got mine delivered a few days ago!! Whoopee!!! With 3 mths warranty extension from delivery date.

It hasn't been so smooth for me.

In my first attempt at arranging for replacement, MS CSO got my postal code wrong. I realised when I logged in to my MS service & repair account online and saw the wrong postal code. Asked if I can call SingPost to change my delivery postal code, they said they had no idea. I called SingPost but they couldn't entertain me because the courier service request hadn't reached them. So I called MS again to explain but they asked me to cancel the order and arrange a new one to update my postal code instead. Delayed by a whole day due to this.

Second attempt at arranging for replacement went by successfully, and got my refurbished surface a full week later including weekends. But it took me half a day of MS updates on Win10 to realise that the touchscreen really wasn't working and it had nothing to do with updating the OS.

So went for third round of arranging for a replacement. Haven't got the refurbished product yet... It is now day 11.

But counting the days I had endured flickergate, 11 days is a miniscule amount of time.

Really bad experience for a S$2k premium product. I will be moving to Dell next unless MS somehow changes my mind with some excellent service recovery and damage control.

I will update here. I hope MS reads this but I know unlikely.

Update on 22 Jan: Got my replacement with everything in working order. All right for out of warranty exchange. Earlier experience was just unfortunate.

Last edited:

ChaosPaladin

Reaction score
anyone got issue with the pen not inking but the button still work? i am able to click the button for the different shortcut but the pen just won't write. i have tried resetting the surface pro 4 and it work for a while but after the comp went to sleep, it just stop working again.

hueman

Reaction score
anyone got issue with the pen not inking but the button still work? i am able to click the button for the different shortcut but the pen just won't write. i have tried resetting the surface pro 4 and it work for a while but after the comp went to sleep, it just stop working again.

Have you tried replacing the battery of the pen?
You may refer to this page for help.

ChaosPaladin

Reaction score
tried all method already including changing the battery. The microsoft support just say it is the pen hardware problem. Guess i will only know if i buy a new pen to test but new pen is really expensive

hueman

Reaction score
tried all method already including changing the battery. The microsoft support just say it is the pen hardware problem. Guess i will only know if i buy a new pen to test but new pen is really expensive

Carousell is your friend :)

joesph

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
https://www.microsoft.com/en-sg/p/surface-pro-7-i5-8gb-ram-128gb-ssd-type-cover-surface-pen-bundle-s-270/8S4N4H475P6H?OCID=ema_6288654&WT.mc_id=PromoEmail_6288654_Toolkit_en_sg_Toolkit_Circular_14feb_021420_en_SG_2-14-2020_Module2&activetab=pivot%3aoverviewtab

Sent from Samsung SM-G975F using GAGT

doki81

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
https://www.microsoft.com/en-sg/p/surface-pro-7-i5-8gb-ram-128gb-ssd-type-cover-surface-pen-bundle-s-270/8S4N4H475P6H?OCID=ema_6288654&WT.mc_id=PromoEmail_6288654_Toolkit_en_sg_Toolkit_Circular_14feb_021420_en_SG_2-14-2020_Module2&activetab=pivot%3aoverviewtab

Sent from Samsung SM-G975F using GAGT
8gb ram on windows 10..cmi leh..regret last time took the 8gb ram..

Sent from Samsung Note 10 + using GAGT

dilphinus

High Supremacy Member
Reaction score
I'm having issues with my Surface Pro 4.

I've tried using my colleagues' chargers (2) and my device can't be turned on.

I have been having issues with charging for the longest time ever. The cable had to be 'twisted' at a certain angle before it charged. Somehow, it stopped charging and I managed to borrow 2 chargers to charhe.

For the 1st charger, the light was flickering. No success.

For the 2nd charger, the light was consistently on but I couldn't turn on the device.

Now, I don't know if it's the charging connecter issue or it's a battery issue. I need to retrieve photos and videos (of my late father's, cousin's and uncle's wakes) in the device. I do have backups in my harddisk but not of all the media content.

I'm wiling to spend a reasonable amount to power on the device so that I can retrieve the videos and photos. Are there any shops anyone can recommend?

I also need to uninstall my Adobe CS so that I can use the serial number on another device.

Alternatively, if anyone has the dock and is willing to lend it to me to try powering up my device (at your location), it will be much appreciated. I'll come over at your convenience.

Thanks!

Last edited:
Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.