Must read : Time Share Scam Awareness! Don't be the next victim!

joey0601

Reaction score
Hi all,

Similar encounter with Grand Seasons International (GSI).
Signed up with them and i am unable to terminate the agreement.
LL have been paying the installments till now.
Tried before to cancel my monthly installment but they send me a legal letter from the lawyer.
LL went back and started paying for the installment again.

Please advise how can i terminate this agreement?
Does going to CASE help?
Or need to engage lawyers to help?
Hi may I know what is your current status now? We r currently under writ of summons by them

Rogskywalker

Reaction score
Must read: ITRA scam or not, you decide yourself:

This is a true incident that happened recently. For those who are called up by any company claiming that they are representing ITRA or from ITRA to invite you to join their lawsuit against timeshare or vacation clubs companies, please be very careful. They will claim that the lawsuit will be a NO-WIN NO-FEE basis and when you go down to their sponsor's office in Singapore (currently in One Fullerton which is just a shared office space), they will write down your statements of all your bad encounters with the timeshare companies and submit to ITRA for approval to be part of the claimants for their lawsuit. They claimed that there will not be any sale pitch, selling or transaction involved throughout the session and the session will solely be just for filling up the forms to participate in the lawsuit formed by ITRA. They will claim that in the event that we win the lawsuit, we can claim back 60% of our loss and the rest will go the the legal services and the Singapore representative who assisted ITRA.

Actually my wife and I have long given up this bad timeshare experiences and put them behind our mind to move on with our lives. In fact, we have turned down many other companies that claimed that they can help us to retrieve our loss. When the representive called us, we told them that we have lost all our docu for our timeshare as we do not want to have anymore dealing with timeshare companies. So no point joining their lawsuit. But they claimed that they can still help us to retrieve our records in the event that the lawsuit is in favour of us. The representative who kept promising that there will not be any sales pitch and it will just be like making a police report. After much contemplating, we decided (of course with much skepticism) to go one last time to see if it is like what they claimed to be.

Before going down, I was told to do an online survey to justify if I'm eligible to join their lawsuit. It's some questions pertaining to how those timeshare companies have tricked you into purchasing their timeshare. I did as instructed.

When we reached the office, they took us to a room and a Caucasian man started to explain what he is doing and told us that he is representing ITRA to assist us. That took quite some time for his speech. He claimed that once we have finished filling up the forms, he would need to scan and email to ITRA for their approval and it may take awhile (he said about 2hrs). Then he asked a local staff to assist us with filling up the forms. The staff was helpful to assist us with the filling of the forms. However after we have finished filling up the form, that is when we begin to see the truth of what they are up to.

The Caucasian man came back to take the form and asked us to pass him our IDs. While waiting for the forms to be scanned and emailed to ITRA, the local staff began to share with us about an Investment Programme of their company called Realty Access. The staff spoke about it for so long that we became perturbed as we are really not interested. Even though we insisted that we do not want to hear about it, the staff still brag on about how profitable it can be if we participate in their investment programme. This really put us off as I remembered that I was told there will not be any sale pitch when they first contacted us. In fact, we were hold in the office for almost 4.5 hrs instead of the promised 2 hrs (could have been even longer if we did not ask the staff to stop).

We request for the staff to check with the Caucasian man on the status of the approval but the staff claimed that she is not allowed to call him and that is their protocol.

In the end, we make a scene and insisted that wanted to leave and demand our IDs to be returned back to us. The Caucasian man finally returned with our IDs and the forms that we filled, and he began to tell us that our application has been approved. We sensed the whole process is really not right. So we told him that we are not interested anymore and demand the form to be torn in front of us.

Our takeaway is:

1) Don't believe what the telemarketing person promised you (even if he/she tells you that there will not be promoting or selling you anything. THEY WILL DEFINITELY TRY TO SELL YOU SOMETHING!

2) Always check how long the meeting will be. Don't allow them to exceed the timing that they promised or even proceed if they tell you that it would take quite some time.

3) Anytime you feel uncomfortable about their real intend, demand to leave immediately.

4) Best of all, don't even give these companies a chance to promote or sell you anything.

I'm not saying that such companies are all scam companies but in the first place they should not lie to us about their hidden agenda of the appointment. Whether the ITRA claim application is genuine or not is actually questionable because of the company's hidden agenda. Basically we felt that their true intend is only trying to sell their product and not genuinely wanting to help us. The ITRA claim application is just a smoke screen behind their real intend.

junioranalyst

Reaction score
Does anyone still receive harrassing calls claiming they are GEAS Pte Ltd, helping to settle the Timeshares scams by Khoo & Krishnan in 2013?

I received a call from an Indian guy called himself as Desmond 84325376, promising he will help Khoo & Krishnan to do a settlement payment of $50,000 via legal court paperwork way. The idea is to bring the Club Emperor membership/ all documents along to their address. This is the SMS they sent:

This SMS is to confirm your appointment on 4th September 2017 at 4pm.

The address is at 545 Orchard Road, Far East Shopping Centre #15-13 Singapore 238882.

Please bring along all your pertaining documents. Please acknowledge this message.

Thank you!

The mobile number is from a Singtel provider no. 96666408.

Checking in ACRA Bizfile, I realised GEAS Pte Ltd was registered in 2011 and chamged name 3x. On top of that, it is not compliant rating.

Just wondering how Singapore law can nab the syndicate (a British wirh law background) behind this scam and stop hiring amd lying to innocent youths making harrassing cold calling.

Anyone has any thoughts??

forget the crowd! I also got a call yesterday. They asked whether I am a client of Emperor (how they know?). Said they are helping clients terminate blah blah... I challenged them what gives you the right to do that? Did some government agency give them the right? They couldnt really answer but only keep repeating. And ask me to come down this morning. I asked them why so last minute. They give some rubbish excuse of saying that they tried to call me earlier ONCE before, but i never pick up. Haha!!! Then say will sms me the address. I said ok but then at the end of the day they never smsed me. Then still dare to call me this morning again and insist that they smsed me and say tell me to go down.

If these guys are acting professionally, u think they will do that? call u last minute, try to get u to commit to a timing to go down...

gascon7

Reaction score
Must read: ITRA scam or not, you decide yourself:

This is a true incident that happened recently. For those who are called up by any company claiming that they are representing ITRA or from ITRA to invite you to join their lawsuit against timeshare or vacation clubs companies, please be very careful. They will claim that the lawsuit will be a NO-WIN NO-FEE basis and when you go down to their sponsor's office in Singapore (currently in One Fullerton which is just a shared office space), they will write down your statements of all your bad encounters with the timeshare companies and submit to ITRA for approval to be part of the claimants for their lawsuit. They claimed that there will not be any sale pitch, selling or transaction involved throughout the session and the session will solely be just for filling up the forms to participate in the lawsuit formed by ITRA. They will claim that in the event that we win the lawsuit, we can claim back 60% of our loss and the rest will go the the legal services and the Singapore representative who assisted ITRA.

Actually my wife and I have long given up this bad timeshare experiences and put them behind our mind to move on with our lives. In fact, we have turned down many other companies that claimed that they can help us to retrieve our loss. When the representive called us, we told them that we have lost all our docu for our timeshare as we do not want to have anymore dealing with timeshare companies. So no point joining their lawsuit. But they claimed that they can still help us to retrieve our records in the event that the lawsuit is in favour of us. The representative who kept promising that there will not be any sales pitch and it will just be like making a police report. After much contemplating, we decided (of course with much skepticism) to go one last time to see if it is like what they claimed to be.

Before going down, I was told to do an online survey to justify if I'm eligible to join their lawsuit. It's some questions pertaining to how those timeshare companies have tricked you into purchasing their timeshare. I did as instructed.

When we reached the office, they took us to a room and a Caucasian man started to explain what he is doing and told us that he is representing ITRA to assist us. That took quite some time for his speech. He claimed that once we have finished filling up the forms, he would need to scan and email to ITRA for their approval and it may take awhile (he said about 2hrs). Then he asked a local staff to assist us with filling up the forms. The staff was helpful to assist us with the filling of the forms. However after we have finished filling up the form, that is when we begin to see the truth of what they are up to.

The Caucasian man came back to take the form and asked us to pass him our IDs. While waiting for the forms to be scanned and emailed to ITRA, the local staff began to share with us about an Investment Programme of their company called Realty Access. The staff spoke about it for so long that we became perturbed as we are really not interested. Even though we insisted that we do not want to hear about it, the staff still brag on about how profitable it can be if we participate in their investment programme. This really put us off as I remembered that I was told there will not be any sale pitch when they first contacted us. In fact, we were hold in the office for almost 4.5 hrs instead of the promised 2 hrs (could have been even longer if we did not ask the staff to stop).

We request for the staff to check with the Caucasian man on the status of the approval but the staff claimed that she is not allowed to call him and that is their protocol.

In the end, we make a scene and insisted that wanted to leave and demand our IDs to be returned back to us. The Caucasian man finally returned with our IDs and the forms that we filled, and he began to tell us that our application has been approved. We sensed the whole process is really not right. So we told him that we are not interested anymore and demand the form to be torn in front of us.

Our takeaway is:

1) Don't believe what the telemarketing person promised you (even if he/she tells you that there will not be promoting or selling you anything. THEY WILL DEFINITELY TRY TO SELL YOU SOMETHING!

2) Always check how long the meeting will be. Don't allow them to exceed the timing that they promised or even proceed if they tell you that it would take quite some time.

3) Anytime you feel uncomfortable about their real intend, demand to leave immediately.

4) Best of all, don't even give these companies a chance to promote or sell you anything.

I'm not saying that such companies are all scam companies but in the first place they should not lie to us about their hidden agenda of the appointment. Whether the ITRA claim application is genuine or not is actually questionable because of the company's hidden agenda. Basically we felt that their true intend is only trying to sell their product and not genuinely wanting to help us. The ITRA claim application is just a smoke screen behind their real intend.
My folks just got this as a result of a previous failed investment. So for some reason they got this same thing. They put some fear by saying they owe foreign tax. Then they "offered" to take over the deeds and say rather that paying a fee to us, we invest into their project and top up LOL.

So my folks said no my son says no more investments. So this guy has the cheek to ask "what is the cap so that your son won't ask questions"

My question is who can we report these clowns to. They're operating from Fullerton Hotel in a shared office. No business cards, no phones.

leong77

Reaction score
HI

Hi bro, since 2001 i bought timeshare from emperor resort, i never use the facility before. But aft 10 yrs, a lot of fake company contact me ask for service to resale member & get refund. I hope u haven't buy the membership, it will let u get trouble! If u had bought it, better go to return it within 7 days under case regulation.

Hi Bro, In the same situation. Have you try selling? I couldnt find any info on how to get rid (other than scammers).

Drangonfly8826

Reaction score
Do Not Trust Any Company To serve you for sales

Hi Bro,
Do not trust any company contact you to sales your's membership and get refund, all scammers.
l had ask emperor resort at Singapore office how to cancel my membership, they told me to find someone replace the membership,this is the only way as they know.
Just hope Singapore government can do something help us to settle, i didn't understand why those company can sales timeshare membership in Singapore. And which department approve for sales, or those company never apply licence to sales?
If those company never apply licence, does the membership agreement valid in Singapore? This types of company business deal involve a big amount, i guess it should apply licence, anyone here can help to asking lawyer about this case? Thanks.

honda599

Reaction score
Seems that the Asian Travel Club scam is back again, sending out "maintenance" bills that dates back many years. Hope those affected do not get scammed by this rubbish...

normalanor

Reaction score
Seems that the Asian Travel Club scam is back again, sending out "maintenance" bills that dates back many years. Hope those affected do not get scammed by this rubbish...

Hi.
Just joined ths group.
So ...to ignore the request for maintenance fees? Helpp :(

normalanor

Reaction score
Seems that ATC and its associated companies are back in scamming mode. We had previously kicked up a fuss with ATC/IRN to terminate the contract and they stopped sending us invoices for annual maintenance. Suddenly, two weeks back, we received a letter from them claiming maintenance for the past 5 years with a late payment fee included too!!!! Interesting that they didn't bill us and we are late!

This was followed by a few more letters, one claiming that they have spoken to us about termination arrangement, one saying that ATC has been taken over by another company and an audit revealed the late payments and another threatening legal action. One guy called and offered to help with the termination by going down to the Orchard Office.... probably the same one above or a new one and to scam more money.

Those who are in the same situation do not pay them a single cent! It's a fake and a big scam.

Hi.
I just got tht sort of letter too. Tks for the warning

honda599

Reaction score
Hi.
Just joined ths group.
So ...to ignore the request for maintenance fees? Helpp :(

Yes best to just ignore it, they can't do anything. You can also join the facebook group for victims for info sharing with others

ctst73

Reaction score
I received a letter from ATC dated 6th Jan 2020, claiming that I owe them annual membership fees since 2010 & threatening legal action against me. I recall cancelling the membership more than 10 years ago & had never receive any annual invoice from them since 2010. But, unfortunately did not keep the termination confirmation email as it was more than 10 years ago. It is really unreasonable & not ethical business practice of them to suddenly issue me a demand letter for 11 years of annual membership fees when I had terminated the agreement more than 10 years ago & never receive any annual invoice from them since 2010. It is suspicious that they suddenly issue me a letter demanding 11 years of overdue membership fees when they never issued any annual invoice. If they had issued annual invoice, I would have contacted them immediately to remind them that I had terminated this agreement & that they should not invoice me for annual membership fees. As I had already terminated the contract, I had never used their service since 2010.

Can anyone advise what I should do? Thanks.

Last edited:

skbeng

Reaction score
Me too rec'd a letter: 18years of back maintenance.

However I have a letter from them that I am not obligated anymore that was signed in 2005. I thought already settle last time and every few years come and disturb me.

skbeng

Reaction score
I received a letter from ATC dated 6th Jan 2020, claiming that I owe them annual membership fees since 2010 & threatening legal action against me. I recall cancelling the membership more than 10 years ago & had never receive any annual invoice from them since 2010. But, unfortunately did not keep the termination confirmation email as it was more than 10 years ago. It is really unreasonable & not ethical business practice of them to suddenly issue me a demand letter for 11 years of annual membership fees when I had terminated the agreement more than 10 years ago & never receive any annual invoice from them since 2010. It is suspicious that they suddenly issue me a letter demanding 11 years of overdue membership fees when they never issued any annual invoice. If they had issued annual invoice, I would have contacted them immediately to remind them that I had terminated this agreement & that they should not invoice me for annual membership fees. As I had already terminated the contract, I had never used their service since 2010.

Can anyone advise what I should do? Thanks.

They are using gmail, and the company registration is listed as a construction company on ACRA, maybe can ignore them.

gohmp1

Reaction score
I received the back maintenance letter too. In November 2019, I wrote to STB to check whether ATC is a license travel agent operator and the reply is that they are not. They said they will look into it but so far didn’t hear from them. Their web globalasiantravelclub.com consists information that is not true: Established in 1995, it is listed on the Singapore Stock Exchange since 2001; Best Online Travel Agency 2016, for the 4th consecutive year by TTG Travel Awards Asia Pacific.

honda599

Reaction score
The crooks at ATC are trying their luck again, its the same thing they did over many years. ignore the letters

Reaction score
When you purchase a timeshare, know that you're generally buying “deeded real estate.” It's similar to buying a house, except you don't actually own a freestanding home.

Reaction score
I received the back maintenance letter too. In November 2019, I wrote to STB to check whether ATC is a license travel agent operator and the reply is that they are not. They said they will look into it but so far didn’t hear from them. Their web globalasiantravelclub.com consists information that is not true: Established in 1995, it is listed on the Singapore Stock Exchange since 2001; Best Online Travel Agency 2016, for the 4th consecutive year by TTG Travel Awards Asia Pacific.

Timeshare schemes, also known as 'vacation or holiday clubs' or 'timeshare intervals', vary in price depending on the amount of time or points purchased and other factors such as the location and standard of available accommodation. Walau!

Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Terms of Service for more information.