My children’s morning HBL

周榆桐0388

Reaction score
how you know is ceca?
cringeworthy like how?

you all funny leh... ask why no support for parents, then I ask why not have a parents support group, then criticise parents support group this and that... <- well at least there are some right?

Actually how do you expect parents' support group to act like? I probably think there will be many parents whining or complaining about their kids? If care about face cannot whine or complain, then probably sounds like boasting their kids to other parents? Or sound super gan Cheong? Offer solutions to tantrums maybe pass off as sounding superior to other parents?

humans are complex...
I know cause they need people to explain what is agar agar to them. Can't sing our enthem and NDP song. Plus they have nothing better to do always first to volunteer in school activities. Children's day distribute freshly popped popcorn, hand lup in plastic bag and scoop. Crazy.

CanIsayNo

High Supremacy Member
Reaction score
The teachers check in with them to see how they are coping. Why nobody ask parents if they are coping? This covid-19 situation with all the amendments to SMM and rising cases really frustrated everyone! Why nobody check in with us????!!!!!
same like how everyone pities the frontline workers in hospitals like nurses and docs, what about the overworked admin staff in hospitals? what about the overworked IT support staff in hospitals? nobody gives a sh1t about them

kmkimlo

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
i prefer going to office too. but need to follow national posture leh

same.. that is why i am holed up at home, doing HBL with the elder kid while the mummy went to work in office (essential services).

HBL i felt is not something effective. Still need to look through all the different notifications to see if there is any "offline" work. IMO, there should be a checklist on the list of daily work that need to be done for them, else need to look through all notifications (could be 10++).

piang, need at least 30 minute to look through and ask the boy where he done or not done. Then sometime he dun even know where is his "offline" work. then need to hunt for the worksheets :s13:

wongkc

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
this yr PSLE cohorts really suay... right in the middle of the wave... not even middle... i think this is just the start of a big wave...

to do HBL now is like 临时抱佛脚... those taking PSLE really like rabbits caught in the headlights... really scared kenna COVID now...

If MOE have started HBL at least 1-2 weeks earlier... i think situation will not be as bad...

wongkc

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
same.. that is why i am holed up at home, doing HBL with the elder kid while the mummy went to work in office (essential services).

HBL i felt is not something effective. Still need to look through all the different notifications to see if there is any "offline" work. IMO, there should be a checklist on the list of daily work that need to be done for them, else need to look through all notifications (could be 10++).

piang, need at least 30 minute to look through and ask the boy where he done or not done. Then sometime he dun even know where is his "offline" work. then need to hunt for the worksheets :s13:

instructions are all over the place... some on SLS... some on Parents Gateway... some on ClassDojo... etc... those parents whatsapp groups gone mad with questions on where to find zoom login details or homeworks...

gahment keep telling businesses to digitize... but they themselves do until half-fxxk... have to go so many different platforms for different subjects... kids have to use different logins for each platforms... in the end is parents help...

周榆桐0388

Reaction score
instructions are all over the place... some on SLS... some on Parents Gateway... some on ClassDojo... etc... those parents whatsapp groups gone mad with questions on where to find zoom login details or homeworks...

gahment keep telling businesses to digitize... but they themselves do until half-fxxk... have to go so many different platforms for different subjects... kids have to use different logins for each platforms... in the end is parents help...
I do zoom, I asked them to help me instead.

eflash

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
I know cause they need people to explain what is agar agar to them. Can't sing our enthem and NDP song. Plus they have nothing better to do always first to volunteer in school activities. Children's day distribute freshly popped popcorn, hand lup in plastic bag and scoop. Crazy.
honestly... after graduate from School system... how many really remember the exact lyrics of our national anthem? esp when you bochup never tune in to NDP every year... NDP songs... prob only few are memorable enough like Stephanie Sun's or Kit Chan's... recent ones I also don't know

I suppose kiasu parents also will first to volunteer in School activities?

Ruoyenne

Great Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Daaamnnnn.. see this thread then I know why neighbour keep screaming and shouting. Basically all parents in Ki siao mode this week.

HomeMommy

Greater Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Teach them it's their job to study. Month end got salary. If good performance got incentive. 😂 We only buy the USD 9.90 one.

so if study every day get usd$9.90 robux worth? :eek:

for my children i told them u work hard and earn garment’s $. My daughter help us earn garment $ cos she gets her edusave scholarship every yr. my son a bit difficult lah :crazy:

mige16

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
ts ownself check ownself
i bohiu liao.... my gal telling me she is doing all online stuff first. My boy is also doing his offline work. Later before lunch i just do a cross check. Can't handle this daily hahaha

mige16

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
so if study every day get usd$9.90 robux worth? :eek:

for my children i told them u work hard and earn garment’s $. My daughter help us earn garment $ cos she gets her edusave scholarship every yr. my son a bit difficult lah :crazy:
Steady. My children never get edusave awards de. buey gan haha

GoneNuts

Master Member
Reaction score
Did any1 check on the teacher?

Pls la.. u know who is the one causing all this?.. channel ur anger correctly.

Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.