My husband is trying to persuade me we get a family car- Honda Civic. How to persuade him not to?

bobo07

High Supremacy Member
Reaction score
How to persuade him not to?
His arguments

Convenient for family going out
Help him in hIs work
He can do phv
if he really buy car go JB pak you dun sad ok..... here got many edmwers can take care of chiu de......... ;)

kyokoto

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
this seems to punish the wife more than the husband lol
If the wife cannot learn to say NO for the greater good of the family, to tell her husband that hes buying it to stoke his own ego because he cannot afford a car at today's prices in reality and he has to drive PHV to pay his installments, then its just too bad.

Discarded

Master Member
Reaction score
yes I drive on lane 1 at 90km/h when there's no one behind me. Then one of you arseholes come along and I'll guai guai scoot to lane 2. You want to alpha is your business, i'm not risking my kids' lives for this business.

Choke lane one putting every other driver at risk and you tell me you are not risking your kids’ life?

The moment you say people weave in and out immediately know is someself entitled individual again. Thinking more than 90km/h means alpha and it’s their right blah blah blah.

Support you to go back to public transport. The road will be safer this way and less traffic jam.

Coffeelix

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
His arguments

Help him in hIs work
He can do phv

In sg cars is a depreciating asset or is a liability if you are on tight budget.

Many hidden costs is not visible and will hinder your savings…

with cars you tend to go out more, up costs:
Fuel
Parking
Eating more
Etc

Unless it is really fulfilling a need and not want.

Why become a slave to the car?

PortaPumper

Banned
Reaction score
His arguments

Help him in hIs work
He can do phv

simpur ... no need persuade one ... ask him choose want car or want divorce?

if she choose divorce, then merry moi and no need care whether he buy or no buy car .... no worries at all

bobo07

High Supremacy Member
Reaction score
In sg cars is a depreciating asset or is a liability if you are on tight budget.

Fuel
Parking
Eating more
Etc

best reply.......... gahmen knows many ppl dun see this peekure thats why is auto cash cow for them..... every car sold have multiple source of revenue for them

Discarded

Master Member
Reaction score

Fuel
Parking
Eating more
Etc

That’s why those can afford, just buy and enjoy the convenience and time with your family. Anything combined $10k per month should be comfortable.

Those on tight budget ($6k), better not. No big head why wear such a big hat? Ownself suffer in the end.

Those no budget, then don’t jjww why COE expensive or just propaganda public transport better. 老实点,做自己的本分.

Saying no car is better is like saying all schools are good schools. Your argument depends on which camp you are in.

askxyz

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
His arguments

Help him in hIs work
He can do phv
usually is wifu persuading hubby to get a car but you are the opposite. rare species in sinkieland ?

Reaction score

Fuel
Parking
Eating more
Etc

Not a slave if one's family finances work out and is sustainable for the finances over the entire 60mth instalment period.

Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.