My Melbourne Itinerary

boiboi123

Reaction score
Can recommend any car rental company in Melbourne Airport? Traveling in Mid-nov.

It seems like 3rd party app like rental.com or easyrental provide a cheaper price as compare with booking direct with the rental company.

Also, is it advisable to take up zero excess? As my travel insurance can covered a minimum sum though.

I used Apex - cheap and recommended by many here. You need to call them to arrange pick up from airport to their office about 5 mins away. There is a drop off point in Melbourne city in Wilson carpark

Acemandoo

Reaction score
If my kids weight above 25kg, there’s no requirement for booster seat ya? Or is the requirement by age?

Awesom Andy

Reaction score
Under 4 yo, need child seat. Under 7 yo, booster seat. See VicRoad guide below.

https://www.vicroads.vic.gov.au/safety-and-road-rules/vehicle-safety/child-restraints

The legal requirement goes by age here, but the general recommendation is to continue using the safer form of seat until the child outgrows it. e.g. a 6 month old by law can go into a forward facing child restraint, but it is recommended to keep them rear facing until they outgrow the seat. Please keep in mind that each step up you take in the restraint is a step down in safety (not that it's unsafe, but it's all relative).

At 25kg, my guess would be that the child is around 7 years old. While a 7yo can use an adult seat belt, if the child is of a small built, consider using a booster seat.

Alibeckham

Reaction score
I used Apex - cheap and recommended by many here. You need to call them to arrange pick up from airport to their office about 5 mins away. There is a drop off point in Melbourne city in Wilson carpark

agree with Apex.. i book their promo package (elantra) with $0 excess, in the end got a 2018 Altis :s13:. collected in City branch, it was simple and hassle free.. child seat is also so much cheaper than those bigger brand (which charge by days)..

on last day, drove and drop my passenger at the airport 1st, before sending the car to nearby Apex office to return.. they drove me back to airport.. good!

happy88mum

Reaction score
airport transfer

hi,

anyone has any recommendations for airport transfer to hotel?as we are not driving and will be arriving after 12 midnight

boiboi123

Reaction score
I just received a fine for a speeding offense in late Oct - $207 for driving at 67kmph on a 60kmph road. That's crazy. What should I do?

beano

High Supremacy Member
Reaction score
I just received a fine for a speeding offense in late Oct - $207 for driving at 67kmph on a 60kmph road. That's crazy. What should I do?

Do you know what road was it on? If you're feeling rich, you can pay up.. but my suggestion is don't give a cent to these suckers..

Lodge an appeal and say you're tourist looking for directions and unfamiliar with the car at that point of time..

Wait 6 weeks and see what the outcome is.. no harm trying

ragnarok95

Senior Moderator
Senior Moderator
Reaction score

I tio parking offense. 83AUD. Park too long in a 2P lot. :sad:

Lodge an appeal and wait and see. :(

beano

High Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Went to GOR over the weekend, and the 12 apostles park is closed.. only helicopter flights available..

Almost no tourist in sight.. one of the best drives i ever did..

tractor13

Reaction score
Good Reccomendation

1) Vist ST Kilda Pier at Sunset for penguin spotting
2) Brighton beach for your insta photos

Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.