My wife is a alumni of Tao Nan pri school, or should i let my child go to a neighborhood pri school?

chocolate&cookies

Reaction score
Maha Bodhi Pri is also a good and popular school! If you are within 5min walk to it but dont have any other "connections", you would be in phase 2C is it?

If so, then i think your kid would have a higher chance of getting into Tao Nan since your wife is an alumni leh. Then I would choose Tao Nan and move nearer.

If chances of getting into both schs are the same, I would choose Maha Bodhi since it is a good sch as well and near your home

Read HWZ Forum Rules!

blues7

High Supremacy Member
Reaction score
We are alumni to 2 better known primary schools

end up we opt for neighborhood school for our kid

It’s the distance that matters the most to us

everyday for 6 years

we opt for easier transport option

we can walk -15min?

or we drive

during p1-2, kid took school bus for return trip

Last edited:

Fishdim

Reaction score
I think you are forgetting the most important thing here - your kid.

Since there’s still a few more yrs before your kid is due for Pri 1, it will be good for you and your wife to try to find out more about both schools’ cultures, CCAs they offer, the overall vibes of the schools. Check out parenting forums, pay a visit to the schools.

Does your kid thrive on competition? Is your kid resilient to stress? Is your kid easily affected if he doesn’t perform as well as his classmates? Different schools have different level of stress and on how they support students who are not performing up to their school’s standard. Pick the one that aligns with your kid’s personality and learning style, you know your kid best right?

I’m not familiar with Maha but I have friends whose kids are in TN. It’s a very competitive environment, be prepared to do homework till after 11pm, almost everyday.

Distance is definitely a considering point, but if your kid likes the school, he would have no problem making the effort to travel the extra miles. If your kid don’t like the school, then I think even if the school is only across the road, going to school will be a drag. Usually Primary Schools provide school bus services.

Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.