MyRepublic fibre - Part 5

Lehnsherr

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Overall these years no issue

However on the past 2 times I've had issues, their CSO is useless in helping.

I just did a chat and basically got immediately brushed off to call their tech hotline

immediately = I haven't even talk about my problem (lol seriously)

It was a website access problem cos i experiencing extra slowness and timeout since yesterday on .co.jp sites

Also could have at least do one more step to offer to simply access the site to see if there is any slowness :s22:

Just Me

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Anyone on MR using windscribe and having issues using their VPN with JPN/US servers? It takes a lot longer to connect than before. Can't even load YouTube mobile properly.

robolee

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Ever since starhub bought over myrepublic, my internet has being dropping time and time daily...Guess it's time for me to drop MR when my contract end on March 2022

twxian88

Reaction score
For new sign-up if I get the no frill plan will they still charge me for the installation ?

loganrunning

Reaction score
you can also try calling them. perhaps there are some conditions/situations where they can partially/fully waive some charges.

tidus792

Master Member
Reaction score
I wouldn't be recommending it now. Been having intermittent drops with it which aren't bad enough to lose connection but enough to cause stuttering while gaming online. I had similar experiences when I was with StarHub (that's why I switched in the first place). Going back to ST when the contract is due.

TanKianW

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
I wouldn't be recommending it now. Been having intermittent drops with it which aren't bad enough to lose connection but enough to cause stuttering while gaming online. I had similar experiences when I was with StarHub (that's why I switched in the first place). Going back to ST when the contract is due.

ST for gaming?

Good luck.

Chua Zhiming

Reaction score
Just signed up and installation done at home for 1gbps plan.

How do i use the free home voice? they say need to connect phone to ONT TEL Port at the modem but that is placed at my DB box. How do i put my home phone outside (like at the living Room?)

loganrunning

Reaction score
Just signed up and installation done at home for 1gbps plan.

How do i use the free home voice? they say need to connect phone to ONT TEL Port at the modem but that is placed at my DB box. How do i put my home phone outside (like at the living Room?)

1. use a DECT phone. connect main unit to the ONT, setup additional base stations as needed, or,

2. run a telephone cable from ont to existing phone.

loganrunning

Reaction score
1. use a DECT phone. connect main unit to the ONT, setup additional base stations as needed, or,

2. run a telephone cable from ont to existing phone.

i forgot. if the existing phone has a wall point, connect the existing phone line to the ont
if a socket is nearer the ONT, then you will only need to run the line from there (shorter cable run)
this way, you get to use all your existing telephone wall sockets

if existing line is from singtel, then you may need to disconnect your internal phone circuit from the external/incoming line.

note: the ONT has a limit to the number of phones it can "power" to ring. It's been a long time since i used analog phones, but I think the limit is typically 4. if no ringing sound, try 2 or 3 instead.

Last edited:

NextgenDesigns

Reaction score
Anyone with 2x1Gbps MR that could aggregate the ports and benefit the extra bandwidth ?
I got a Nokia ONT with 2 Ethernet ports connected as WAN1/WAN2 on my Ubiquiti USG-Pro-4. I never got any technical feedback from MR about this.

loganrunning

Reaction score

BreadLover

Reaction score
Is it easy for an IT noob like me to self install their modem + router? Their installation fees cost close to $100 nia

loganrunning

Reaction score
Is it easy for an IT noob like me to self install their modem + router? Their installation fees cost close to $100 nia

model = ONT, no installation needed. plug and play

router = basic setup is do-able if you follow the enclosed instructions, using automatic/default settings. the only thing not spelt out is your password(s). Generally, this will be ok. but if you want to optimise it, some homework will be needed, but its not really difficult. many websites and youtube have detailed information/setup instructions.

Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.