[NAS] Synology NAS owner club!

Status
Not open for further replies.

aviator27

Reaction score
I had the same issue with astro75, could not browse the DSM when using my handphone with Singtel line, but okay on my wife's iphone with Starhub line.

I think it was okay last week, but after I install Photo Station app and updated DSM to the latest build then the problem came this week.

Anybody else has the same issue?

Hi,guys.
Any had issue browsing the DSM on phone or as hotspot using Singtel data?
Happen recently only,it just pull me out of the DSM about sometime and prompt :You don't had enough priviege.
If on laptop,totally cant login at all,after enter the ID and password.
Prompt:You are not authorised to use this service.

After I sent a feedback to synology,they had no issue logging in my DSM.
Then I try using my colleage Starhub data card,surprising NO issue.
So I believe it the issue with Singtel keep changing the ip?
Anyway I did not block any IP on my DSM.

zennith

Reaction score
I had the same issue with astro75, could not browse the DSM when using my handphone with Singtel line, but okay on my wife's iphone with Starhub line.

I think it was okay last week, but after I install Photo Station app and updated DSM to the latest build then the problem came this week.

Anybody else has the same issue?

I think its better you narrow down your issues. you are not able to login to:-
1. DSM-Mobile via mobile browser?
2. Mobile Apps ?

That would be helpful. For me, I have my NAS running for more than 3 years without any issues *touch wood:D

aviator27

Reaction score
Actually it's exactly the same as what astro75 had described.

On the hand phone on 3G (not home wifi), I use the browser to log in to the DSM 4.3 of my DS1513+ at home (Viewqwest). The log in was successful but a message "You don't have enough privilege" pops out almost immediately. Then it brings you back to the login UI again.
This did not happen on my wife's iphone on Starhub.

I used to have a DS212 on DSM 4.2 for 2 years and never had this problem until I changed to the DS1513+ on DSM 4.3 (the latest built).
May try to downgrade to the previous built which I think was okay last week.

Haven't try the mobile apps as I don't really use them.

:(

I think its better you narrow down your issues. you are not able to login to:-
1. DSM-Mobile via mobile browser?
2. Mobile Apps ?

That would be helpful. For me, I have my NAS running for more than 3 years without any issues *touch wood:D

weap0nx

Master Member
Reaction score
From my experience rsync daemon + rsync is the fastest, somemore can abort and continue later. But for those who dun wanna (or dunno how to) touch the cli, can use file station and mount another CIFS, then do a background copy and paste.

For sync between your 2 syno, you can consider the builtin "backup and restore", or the package "High Availability". Both are quite auto, no need to think so much.

For me I prefer GFS backup, so I use rsnapshot. It use rsync for backup, but keeps history too

Yeah I'll definitely be using rsync once I get everything across and want to keep them synced up. I used ftp to just dump everything because it doesn't give a sh*t. Just pushes whatever it finds.

Yeah the builtin stuff is too restrictive like you have to backup to a NetBackup symbolic linked folder. I don't need multiple backups at this time, just one up to date backup of everything.

siaoboy

Reaction score
My 1511 died on me all of the sudden. No power indicator:(

Anyone has experience claiming warranty from memoryworld?

discoburg

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Introduced a repeater to my home last night. After that i cannot find my Synology NAS in the network. Also on browser i cannot find the NAS IP address. Any help???

phayze

Master Member
Reaction score
Both on same subnet? What repeater u using?

Introduced a repeater to my home last night. After that i cannot find my Synology NAS in the network. Also on browser i cannot find the NAS IP address. Any help???

zennith

Reaction score
My 1511 died on me all of the sudden. No power indicator:(

Anyone has experience claiming warranty from memoryworld?

I dnt know now whether the previous Tech Guy still around, but he help me test my DS1010+ on spot with a spare PSU. and it straight away works.

What he mentioned to me as, why NAS is not booting up:-
1. MainBoard Spoils
2. PSU faulty
3. RAM or HDDs causing the NAS cant boot up.

Suggest you call and ask them :)

ellfire15

Reaction score
NAS Speed

Hi everyone,

I just bought a 413J, but the transfer speed from my PC to the 413J is only about 8-9MB/S.... is it the normal speed?

phayze

Master Member
Reaction score
What switch/ router u using? Seems like 100mbps ethernet connection.

Hi everyone,

I just bought a 413J, but the transfer speed from my PC to the 413J is only about 8-9MB/S.... is it the normal speed?

ellfire15

Reaction score
I'm using Asus RT-N56U, not using any switch, connect Lan cable direct from 413J to router....

siaoboy

Reaction score
I dnt know now whether the previous Tech Guy still around, but he help me test my DS1010+ on spot with a spare PSU. and it straight away works.

What he mentioned to me as, why NAS is not booting up:-
1. MainBoard Spoils
2. PSU faulty
3. RAM or HDDs causing the NAS cant boot up.

Suggest you call and ask them :)

Can pass me the contact? I hope they can revive so that data recovery will be easy

Looks like i have a perfect excuse to buy a new 1813 this weekend as Xmas present for myself. May i know where is the best place to purchase? Ace or MW?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Terms of Service for more information.