[NAS] Synology NAS owner club!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Desmond_

High Honorary Member
Reaction score
anyone has rma their nas directly with synology taiwan before? my nas still under warranty but was not bought locally.

done that before... they will ask you fill up airway bill for UPS to come collect from your house... after few weeks, your new set will be here...

sectional86

Reaction score
done that before... they will ask you fill up airway bill for UPS to come collect from your house... after few weeks, your new set will be here...

Cos it seems from their email, I have to pay them first for the return from Taiwan to SG, and I pay for the shipping from sg to Taiwan. Is this correct?

batniss

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Cos it seems from their email, I have to pay them first for the return from Taiwan to SG, and I pay for the shipping from sg to Taiwan. Is this correct?

Nope. Only 1 way. U pay to go over. Through my experience

HexenHeretic

Reaction score
I use it as a NVR(surveillance station), VPN server, torrent server, DLNA video server, other than the usual stuffs.

locksleychang

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Why do you need an internal DHCP server?

I used to use this feature too. The DHCP server in my ONT will give out IP addresses already in use (lease not yet expired) upon restart, leading to IP conflicts on my network. So I turned off this in the ONT and used the one in my NAS instead.

The firmware of my ONT got upgraded sometime back and now the DHCP server cannot be disabled. So I LL have to use it and am no longer using the one in my NAS.

fi5hbone

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Wow you all must have a lot of devices! My standard router does the routing and it seems to do the job fine.

harky

Great Supremacy Member
Deluxe Member
Reaction score
my DS416 suddenly cannot power up..I tried to power up with new adapter. It dont work.
It seen like, is the inside somewhere die off.

It has 2yr waranty and just nice. It die after two year. I bought it on Mar 18, 2017
It worst than last time. Last time at least can use 5-6 year, now is 2 year.

Now see if Synology HQ can help a not..
if not, i may open up and see..

If this set die, i not going to get Synology anymore. It so lousy
It was ok few day ago

Last edited:

jtjt00

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
my DS416 suddenly cannot power up..I tried to power up with new adapter. It dont work.
It seen like is the inside somewhere die off.

It has 2yr waranty and just nice. It die after two year. I bought it on Mar 18, 2017

It was ok few day ago

Have you tried power up after removing all HDD?

Meatfactory

Reaction score
It seen like is the inside somewhere die off.

It was ok few day ago

Same here. The power supply for my 916+ spoiled today. Ordered a replacement power supply to see if it will work.
If not I hope I can migrate the disks to a new nas.

Btw, if your nas is spoilt and you don’t want to get a new Synology, how are you going to retrieve your data?

harky

Great Supremacy Member
Deluxe Member
Reaction score
I think of getting from tb. It using Synology OS. SO i think i can retrieve my data? I dont want to get stuck with Synology although i like their Synology OS :p

I dont run it 24/7 n once a while i will turn on to i use it, just like pc.
And it die now so fast. Feel sad to spent $$ on this lousy produce.

just check, nth i can change. Think is MB fail
Synology-DiskStation-DS416-Slim-Review-on-KitGuru-Circuit-Board-II.jpg

Same here. The power supply for my 916+ spoiled today. Ordered a replacement power supply to see if it will work.
If not I hope I can migrate the disks to a new nas.

Btw, if your nas is spoilt and you don’t want to get a new Synology, how are you going to retrieve your data?

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.