Status
Not open for further replies.

batniss

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
I found this :

Toshiba MG06ACA800E 8TB 3.5-In 7200 RPM Enterprise Hard Disk Drive

Selling : $337.05 (Excluding delivery)

Can't really find much info on this drive but based on specs, looks good.

Anybody here use this drives?

yes, have been using it for more than...

xKHIEnE.jpg

Last edited:

stam

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
hi guys,

i have a existing 4TB HDD, now i added another 8TB HDD.

Its running under SHR. The usable space is only 4TB? what about the balance 4 TB in the 8TB, can i set it to without redunant and use the space?

I cant seems to create any new volume, all the options seems greyed out. Thanks.

bullshitregister

Reaction score
Can anybody share any good deals now for HDD's? Prefer around 10TB size if possible, but happy to go for best $/TB. Also happy to shuck and wait for delivery if needed.

Thanks in advance!

batniss

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
hi guys,

i have a existing 4TB HDD, now i added another 8TB HDD.

Its running under SHR. The usable space is only 4TB? what about the balance 4 TB in the 8TB, can i set it to without redunant and use the space?

I cant seems to create any new volume, all the options seems greyed out. Thanks.

u can't
10chars

lhseong

Reaction score
Hello all, I have 1 issue with my NAS.
Slot 2 of My DS212play not able to spin up, checked is not the HDD problem, cause test the HDD in slot 1, it work fine.
Anyone have this kind of failure before ? Thanks

Last edited:

batniss

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Hello all, I have 1 issue with my NAS.
Slot 2 of My DS212play not able to spin up, checked is not the HDD problem, cause test the HDD in slot 1, it work fine.
Anyone have this kind of failure before ? Thanks

SATA problem? - maybe faulty port.

batniss

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
OK. 2yrs+ liao. Is this temperature normal? What is the argah argah room temperature?

i stay top floor, so my house is generally like an oven.. i never measure it before though nothing to measure with but i would say the temp is pretty consistent with any hdd that I've throw at it.

coppermine

Master Member
Reaction score
Do you think it can fit 80x80x25? Saw a number of people changing thier fans with normal PC fans

I suppose it can fit in DS1511+, based on various comments and review. They are using Noctua NF-A8 FLX, my only concern it's rotatary sensor on older DS1511+ which will still detect as fan fail.

acer23

Reaction score
My synology NAS, harddisk crashed a few times, which brand and type of HD, is more crash safe ah...

batniss

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
My synology NAS, harddisk crashed a few times, which brand and type of HD, is more crash safe ah...

What hdd u using? Why will it keep crashing?

I m assuming you might have the same challenge i have previously which is a NAS issue over HDD. Synology insisted was HDD and i kept swapping. Waste time. In the end a change of NAS resolved everything.

Show your hdd smart health easier.

Last edited:

MeGaBiTeS

Reaction score
Hi all, will I see an increase in performance if I change from 1511+ to DS418 or DS918+? I'm using it mostly for file backups mostly.

existential_reality

Reaction score
Been using the following each for 2 - 3 years straight with very low issues

HGST 4TB (about 3 drives)
Seagate NAS 4TB (about 8 drives

now

Seagate Ironwolf Pro 10TB (about 13 drives)

I did have issues with a WDC Red drive only had one of those, some IO issues now I stopped using them.

I found this :

Toshiba MG06ACA800E 8TB 3.5-In 7200 RPM Enterprise Hard Disk Drive

Selling : $337.05 (Excluding delivery)

Can't really find much info on this drive but based on specs, looks good.

Anybody here use this drives?

i1magic

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Been using the following each for 2 - 3 years straight with very low issues

HGST 4TB (about 3 drives)
Seagate NAS 4TB (about 8 drives

now

Seagate Ironwolf Pro 10TB (about 13 drives)

I did have issues with a WDC Red drive only had one of those, some IO issues now I stopped using them.

Currently, all the hard drives in my PC are WD Black. One of them reaching 5yrs and no problem. The other 2 are about 3yrs+.

existential_reality

Reaction score
Hrmm I guess hard to assess though, unless they also run 24x7 in a multi drive array. Cause have to account for vibrations, and heat etc and usage etc for a better comparison in a NAS environment.

Currently, all the hard drives in my PC are WD Black. One of them reaching 5yrs and no problem. The other 2 are about 3yrs+.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.