[NAS] Synology NAS owner club!

Status
Not open for further replies.

lvlaTr1X

Master Member
Reaction score
No, just remember to copy your important data out to somewhere else just in case before upsizing.

Alright, thanks. I think I sort of understand..

Anyway, Now I facing some network problem.

So I installed wordpress on my NAS, port forward and everything is working. When I access from external, I used my DDNS xxx.xx/wordpress , I can load but when I click any link within wordpress, it redirects my internal IP instead, 192.168.1.xx/whateverlink.

Any idea why? Is it because I never activate the personal website function?

vblues

Master Member
Reaction score
Currently have DS408 and DS412+ running in my gigalan. Just bought a APC UPS on the weekend. Planning to get a 802.3ad Netgear switch soon.

Transferred files from DS408 to DS412+ the average speed is about 20mb/s. From a DS412+ to another DS412+ average speed is about 70mb/s.

Chys

Master Member
Reaction score
Currently have DS408 and DS412+ running in my gigalan. Just bought a APC UPS on the weekend. Planning to get a 802.3ad Netgear switch soon.

Transferred files from DS408 to DS412+ the average speed is about 20mb/s. From a DS412+ to another DS412+ average speed is about 70mb/s.

Can I chk with you did you copy via windows or you mount the second DS412+ from the first?

vblues

Master Member
Reaction score
Can I chk with you did you copy via windows or you mount the second DS412+ from the first?

At first I did a Windows copy but figured that extra route may cause some bottlenecks, so I enabled the backup service in the NASes and did a backup from one to the other. No compression nor any options were selected to ensure that the backup is doing a direct copy.

kun1he2

Master Member
Reaction score
Short answer yes. The slower NIC will slow down everything in your network. Nothing will be in gigabit.

I don't think this is correct... only devices talking to the slower NIC will drop down to the slower speed... but all gigabit devices talking to each other should not be adversely affected.

Vulpix

Reaction score
I don't think this is correct... only devices talking to the slower NIC will drop down to the slower speed... but all gigabit devices talking to each other should not be adversely affected.

Is it? I just relating my personal experience. My NAS could not connect in gigabit mode until I removed a device that was connected via 10/100 to my router. Got a small speed boost after that as well. :o

deepblueKM

Reaction score
Any owner setup WOL and managed to get it works?

I just bought DS213 last week and installed DSM 4.2. I used DSM EZ Internet setup to detect my router(Linksys E3200), signup DDNS and configured port forward for cloud station and it works from my mobile DS cloud over internet (data mobile). From DDNS, I tested connection from DSM without any problem.

From control panel -> hardware > checked WOL (Wake on LAN 1).

After shutdown my NAS, the DSM assistant is able to wake up my NAS within LAN. Over the internet from mobile phone, I tried both "WOL-Manager" and "Wol Wake On Lan Wan" but it got nothing happen after magic packet sent.

Do I need to add port forward 9 under DSM > DDNS/ router? Is there anything to do setup at router admin to get WOL works?

Any expert advise is appreciate!!! Thanks!

Last edited:

Vulpix

Reaction score
Any owner setup WOL and managed to get it works?

I just bought DS213 last week and installed DSM 4.2. I used DSM EZ Internet setup to detect my router(Linksys E3200), signup DDNS and configured port forward for cloud station and it works from my mobile DS cloud over internet (data mobile). From DDNS, I tested connection from DSM without any problem.

From control panel -> hardware > checked WOL (Wake on LAN 1).

After shutdown my NAS, the DSM assistant is able to wake up my NAS within LAN. Over the internet from mobile phone, I tried both "WOL-Manager" and "Wol Wake On Lan Wan" but it got nothing happen after magic packet sent.

Do I need to add port forward 9 under DSM > DDNS/ router? Is there anything to do setup at router admin to get WOL works?

Any expert advise is appreciate!!! Thanks!

I have a feeling your router firewall is blocking the port. Probably got to forward a port.

TopGun

High Supremacy Member
Deluxe Member
Reaction score
Hi have u setup a free DDSN account from noip.com?
Once u sign up, configure the DDSN hostname using synology DDSN app found in the control panel.
Next configure port fwd on your router.
This should work.

Thanks. I am running a static IP so I thought DDNS is unnecessary. Correct me if I am wrong.

Will go try it out again once I set up n bridge my fiber modem.

deepblueKM

Reaction score
I have a feeling your router firewall is blocking the port. Probably got to forward a port.

thanks for advise.

Actually I am not sure how the Synology NAS to handle DDNS and configured port forward as it noted will overwrite portforward on router.

Well, I tested the DDNS connection in DSM, it works. However, i noticed my DDNS on router is Disable.

if the router firewall is blocking the port, should i set port forward at DSM or router itself? Is the WOL default port in 9?

Vulpix

Reaction score
thanks for advise.

Actually I am not sure how the Synology NAS to handle DDNS and configured port forward as it noted will overwrite portforward on router.

Well, I tested the DDNS connection in DSM, it works. However, i noticed my DDNS on router is Disable.

if the router firewall is blocking the port, should i set port forward at DSM or router itself? Is the WOL default port in 9?

Sorry man, I don't use WOL over Internet. I leave it on whole day and switch off at night. :(

tskeng

Reaction score
Bought a DS413 with 4 x 3TB WD Red.

Currently trying to backup 500GB of data using Data Replicator from windows 7.

Say left 1 day and 5 hours. wah piang....

walkwaffle

Reaction score
Sorry man, I don't use WOL over Internet. I leave it on whole day and switch off at night. :(

Switch on hibernation so no need WOL. Ensure that downloadstation uses a usb drive as the watch folder. Block port 139 to the nas to hibernate longer

TopGun

High Supremacy Member
Deluxe Member
Reaction score
Bought a DS413 with 4 x 3TB WD Red.

Currently trying to backup 500GB of data using Data Replicator from windows 7.

Say left 1 day and 5 hours. wah piang....

What connection you using? I copied 1.3 tb over about 7 hours.

Vulpix

Reaction score
I used the supplied cable. Didn't check which CAT.

Through my NetGear DGND 3700 gigabit ports.

At first say 21 days :s13:

If it's anything like last time, it's a normal CAT5 cable, not even CAT5e if you want speeds.

Aegis

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
I just ordered a bunch of cat 6 cables from monoprice, gonna change all the lan cables in my place. I realised some cmi cables and self crimped ones are the weak links and are screwing up my speeds.

noobzpro

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Ahh im Still Using Mio Original modem/router....like That means I Shud get A new Router and bridge mode First? Lol PS my caps stupid phone KEyboard cui

Status
Not open for further replies.
Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.