[NAS] Synology NAS owner club!

Status
Not open for further replies.

vernon_wmk

Reaction score
Call them lah. Their office very responsive one. I am guessing the hamphone is one of those company phones they only use in certain times. Anyway I also hoping can repair the 411j so I can sell it off with a peace of mind. Just ordered the 412+... :(

Juz called them up and ordered, guess they are too busy to look at sms.

for those who are interested, 6/12 months installments are avail too if u need it.

TopGun

High Supremacy Member
Deluxe Member
Reaction score
Alright I manage to get WOL working over WAN. This is what I did.

Port forward port 9 UDP to your NAS's IP address.

In the DS Finder App, there is an entry for the port. Key in 9. This should work. I can turn on and shut down the NAS over WAN (and LAN) via the app.

moozmoow

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
anybody's NAS facing this problem?

recently i suddenly will be unable to access my 413. Press and hold power button to manually shut down, the blue LED will flicker, showing that it is shutting down. But after waiting for 12 hours (i manually shut down by holding down the power button), the blue LED still blinks and the NAS still hasnt shut down after 12 hours. Only thing i could do is to switch main power off, and on.

Tried searching, but don't seem to see anybody facing this problem. If not i'm not googling hard enough

I see. Can tell/pm me what port is for the synology WOL (wake on lan)? I tried configure the port forward on router but it doesn't work for WOL too. However, the cloud that I using ddns on synology works just WOL doen't work on WAN... :(

sorry i didn't check back to this thread till today. I don't use WOL function so can't help you with that :(

Last edited:

Vulpix

Reaction score
anybody's NAS facing this problem?

recently i suddenly will be unable to access my 413. Press and hold power button to manually shut down, the blue LED will flicker, showing that it is shutting down. But after waiting for 12 hours (i manually shut down by holding down the power button), the blue LED still blinks and the NAS still hasnt shut down after 12 hours. Only thing i could do is to switch main power off, and on.

Tried searching, but don't seem to see anybody facing this problem. If not i'm not googling hard enough

sorry i didn't check back to this thread till today. I don't use WOL function so can't help you with that :(

First step is to pull out all your drives, and see if it boots up. If it boots up means your mainboard ok. If it doesn't means your mainboard got problem. Try posting in the Synology forums, quite an active place.

moozmoow

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
First step is to pull out all your drives, and see if it boots up. If it boots up means your mainboard ok. If it doesn't means your mainboard got problem. Try posting in the Synology forums, quite an active place.

ok will try tomorrow when i wake up. Now letting it blink and "wayang to shut down". The previous time i switch the power socket switch off and on, it could boot up and work as normal.

Will also try to update to the latest DS. anyway the synology website is down atm

Last edited:

trashley

Reaction score
I realise that you need to access the NAS firewall and enables the ports that you are going to use...

i reset the router and the network settings on the NAS. this was how i tried to set it up. please let me know if i am missing anything.

1. set up a static ip for my mbp
2. followed the steps on Port Forwarding Synology DS213 on the Asus RT-N66U - PortForward.com to forward the ports
3. checked ports from Open Port Check Tool but ports are still closed with reason: connection refused
4. assessed the NAS firewall to enable all ports
5. checked ports from Open Port Check Tool but ports are still closed with reason: connection refused

moozmoow

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
i reset the router and the network settings on the NAS. this was how i tried to set it up. please let me know if i am missing anything.

1. set up a static ip for my mbp
2. followed the steps on Port Forwarding Synology DS213 on the Asus RT-N66U - PortForward.com to forward the ports
3. checked ports from Open Port Check Tool but ports are still closed with reason: connection refused
4. assessed the NAS firewall to enable all ports
5. checked ports from Open Port Check Tool but ports are still closed with reason: connection refused

are you on fibre? for me, the first few times i open port on my router (the 1 starhub gave me), the ports took half a day to a full day to open. Maybe you can check tomorrow

btw i noticed you set up a static ip for your mbp? Can i ask why? shouldnt you set up static ip for your ds213?

trashley

Reaction score
are you on fibre? for me, the first few times i open port on my router (the 1 starhub gave me), the ports took half a day to a full day to open. Maybe you can check tomorrow

btw i noticed you set up a static ip for your mbp? Can i ask why? shouldnt you set up static ip for your ds213?

yea. i'm on m1 fiber. ONT > AC66U > NAS

i tried to setup static up for ds213 yesterday but got the same result. topgun suggested i try static ip on my pc.

Last edited:

twitism

Reaction score
finally got remote access to work. super noob me.

i forgot i'm using starhub ROUTER, which my TP Link connects to. all along, i had been trying to open the ports on my TP link.

once i changed my starhub to bridge mode, everything worked as a charm! :s12:

weikiat84

Reaction score
just bought ds213 at $358 today. no problem with configuration. iphone apps via WAN. no worry of run out of space on iphone. so happy using it now.

TopGun

High Supremacy Member
Deluxe Member
Reaction score

i tried to setup static up for ds213 yesterday but got the same result. topgun suggested i try static ip on my pc.

Just to check that you did forward the ports to the NAS IP and not your PC IP right?

Try forwarding 5000 and 5001. These are the two ports used by DSM. Then try using the mobile app to login via 3G.

moozmoow

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score

which port did you forward? For me, i only forward 1 port, and that is the port that brings me to the DS page.

Eg mine is http://192.168.1.8:5010/webman/index.cgi

So i make sure my port forwarded is 5010. Unless you're using the DS apps, you only need to forward the port used by the web gui.

If you didnt change the port, by default it should be 5000. Also check that your router forwards the port to your NAS IP, eg 192.168.1.8 in my case

Just to check that you did forward the ports to the NAS IP and not your PC IP right?

Try forwarding 5000 and 5001. These are the two ports used by DSM. Then try using the mobile app to login via 3G.

lol you beat me to it

trashley

Reaction score

thanks for all the help!

i dunno what i did differently as i was just playing around with the settings but it is working now!!

i've accessed it successfully through my phone on 3G :s12::s12::s12:

moozmoow

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score

hmm. i switched the main power off, removed all drivers, turned it on again, blue led was flashing for quite some time, but the green drive status light didnt turn on.

Switch main power down, reinserted all the drives, power it back on. Now working as normal again. DSM notification was, System was booted from an improper shut down.

Vulpix

Reaction score
hmm. i switched the main power off, removed all drivers, turned it on again, blue led was flashing for quite some time, but the green drive status light didnt turn on.

Switch main power down, reinserted all the drives, power it back on. Now working as normal again. DSM notification was, System was booted from an improper shut down.

That is confirm 100% not normal. I recommend you email Synology support with your current problems, they will advise you what to do. I used 2 Synology NAS before, they willl always boot up properly even after I remove my drives. Even my current cui unit with a faulty bay after remove all the drives the blue LED will stop flashing after a while, with the trademark beep once sound.

antsig30

Reaction score
my friend told me the service from ACE is bad. So it is better to read the the fineprint on the T&C if set faulty.

I can confirm to that. It took 3 weeks them 3 weeks to fix my faulty 413J. The problem with Synology is that there don't a local office in Singapore, need to sent to Taiwan to fix

I remember when my Dlink NAS320 broken down. I went to their service centre near Jurong East and was given one to one exchange. No need to wait.

Vulpix

Reaction score
I can confirm to that. It took 3 weeks them 3 weeks to fix my faulty 413J. The problem with Synology is that there don't a local office in Singapore, need to sent to Taiwan to fix

I remember when my Dlink NAS320 broken down. I went to their service centre near Jurong East and was given one to one exchange. No need to wait.

Hopefully in the future can order parts direct from Synology so I can repair this myself. :s13:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.