[NAS] Synology NAS owner club!

Status
Not open for further replies.

chengsun

High Supremacy Member
Reaction score
You can call Challenger, they will do a stockcheck for you.
But i'd suggest you get from Sls cos its likely cheaper there.

can't decide if 214play is good for me or 214se will be sufficient for my usage. and i need to decide by tonight...

staythisday

Reaction score
Just got my synology DS414 with 3 x 4.0TB WD RED HDD..

Setup been easy so far. I have a question though, I can use cloudsync to sync to my dropbox folder. Can I then mount the dropbox folder on my pc and use that a dropbox folder?

harky

Great Supremacy Member
Deluxe Member
Reaction score
u wont get 6tb ..

when u r using raid / SHR u are actually clone ur 3tb to 2nd hdd (a 3tb hdd) as backup

if u get 6tb like tht is not backup liao

Hi,

I setup mine with 3tb *2 using SHR. However, useable space is only 3tb and not 6tb. Did I miss something? Volume can only be set on 1 hard drive.

Last edited:

jtjt00

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Since your NAS is on RAID 1, total capacity is the size of a single drive.

Hi,

I setup mine with 3tb *2 using SHR. However, useable space is only 3tb and not 6tb. Did I miss something? Volume can only be set on 1 hard drive.

echeong

Master Member
Reaction score
Jin suay. Tried upgrade to dsm 5 but prompted need 4.3. Then upgrade to 4.3 also kena error. Reboot to try again my DS413J juz went dead with blue power led blinking forever without completing. Think the motherboard is dead as I tried unplugging all my drives still the same blinking blue led without competing the boot cycle. KNN... Need to RMA back to Ace peripherals liao. Just bought this only slightly more than 1yr back (receipt says 7 Mar 2013) and it went dead. Just to align with bros here, DS413J is 2yrs warranty rite? Any bros with sexperience RMAing back to Ace Peripherals? What is the procedure like and how fast back huh?

have you try to unplug both hardisk then turn it on? is it still blinking?
have you try to reset ?

Tried the FAQ procedure and the blue led still continued blinking after long while so likely motherboard issue I guess?:
Why I cannot install my Synology Product and why my power LED is flashing constantly? - Synology - Network Attached Storage (NAS)

RaiderXXX

Reaction score
Must backup to elsewhere before attempt this operation.

Can I remove the 2nd hdd out from the NAS and put it in a external enclosure to backup my data from 1st hdd which is in the NAS?

After backup, then re-do the setup again to make 2 hdd not in RAID condition?

sHrike

Reaction score
Can I remove the 2nd hdd out from the NAS and put it in a external enclosure to backup my data from 1st hdd which is in the NAS?

After backup, then re-do the setup again to make 2 hdd not in RAID condition?

Raid one means mirror so in theory yes. But backup it impt data in case something goes wrong

Norman Chan

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Sorry to ask , in the DSM 5.0 , in the Install Package after installed the "DownLoad Station" , how to keep the Download Speed consistent ? What I mean is that initial was downloading than after few hours later it all stopped to download.

chengsun

High Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Just gotten myself a 213J, need a suggestion. all my data currently located in my current DNS320. Is there any way that I can do migration from within 213J, move data from 320 to 213J, without using a computer to do "copy&paste"? If copy & paste, my 1.5T of data may take days which means I need to on my desktop all the time.

staythisday

Reaction score
anyone know how to install ds video station onto my samsung tv..or rather..when will the official app be available?

Binaries

Reaction score
In the event that I can either choose between DS211+ / DS213-J / DX213

Price point aside, which would be the better choice ? I am leaning towards the 211 but considering how old it has been on the market I wonder if it's better for me to go for the newer models like 213J or the DX ?

michaelang88

Reaction score
Nope, it's on default setting of SHR. I would worry if it was on Raid1 as the main purpose of it is to provide backup.

Will add in another external USB3 HDD to do scheduled backup.

This is my 4th NAS. The others (Dlink, Netgear and WD) ones died and most of my data were lost. Had backup to DVD previously but stopped due to the hassle. Lost all of my kids baby photos and other precious stuffs.

Since your NAS is on RAID 1, total capacity is the size of a single drive.

jamesco

Reaction score
Sorry i have problems, taking out data from my HDD from DS212J, after much some research, i understand my data is in the RAW partition, i tried some ext3 reader but can't access, do i really need to boot ubuntu to extract my files?, anyway DS212J died with blue blinking lights.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.