Need help big decision a Fitear Vs Roxanne

Reaction score
Hi all,

I'm going to splash some good money this afternoon...would like to check with all bros here..
Previously I bought a Shure SE846 and there is some issue in the right driver..as it's within 7days I can opt for a one to one exchange however I bought the last set from Jaben..and they do no have further stock for replacement and call grand tech they also no stock...

So I'm able to return it and change it for something else...

In my mind I have the fitear tg334 and Jh Roxanne....

It's a price tag of 1788 vs 1888...and both universal model....

So would like to seek advise from all bros here on this decision making....
I will go over there to audition and my source is ak100mkii with go vibe porta amp...

Thanks all bros...

Taeyeonie

Master Member
Reaction score
Advisable to try both and judge them by yourself.

Donten

Reaction score
fitear. no fight. when you listen to it, it most likely doesnt give you the earphone vibe. thats how good it is.

Rubick

High Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Probably you can go down to jaben and try. They do have a roxanne demo there last week. However that demo sound slightly harsher ans rougher compared to the demo at mook.
Not sure if they have a tg334 over at jaben for demo. Best to try both yourself and not buying base on what ppl says.

Taeyeonie

Master Member
Reaction score
Jaben has TG334 demo, whereas the roxanne universal demo is damaged.

Reaction score
Thanks for the feedback bros...going over and try now.....I check for stocks they have both universal in stock....

Noirkw

Reaction score
Roxanne is excellent for rock n metal. If u listen to led Zeppelin, deep purple, pink floyd, might wanna give it a shot. Jerry is a rocker as well n listens to the exact same bands I listed. Can't go wrong with it

Reaction score
It's was a hard decision....but in the end I chose tg334....for the several reason below

The build quality for 334 is just stunning......I compare both iem in details the Roxanne has bubble within the acrylics shell.....and quite a fair bit of them...the 334 just oomph quality.....the holes for the drivers is poorly drill and you can see the whole thing is rough on the Roxanne...

The cable on Jh is a joke....the connector broke off just like what the rest of the forum mentioned..in the same way as well on Jaben demo unit...Clare told me one customer twist it the other way round....

Fitear cable is not very good as well but it's slightly more ergonomics but with a better connector...

Next is the sound...I find Roxanne is harder to drive...compare to 334...on the same volume note...334 is very mid centric remind me of shure sound sig,...the Roxanne sound stage is wide very wide...and details....while 334 is wide...but sounded smooth overall....

The Roxanne high is skittle harsh...there is a piercing effect on my eardrum, less on the tg334...

Both sq is very very good and similar....the only trigger point for me is the build quality and the bass knob adjustment on Roxanne.....in which make me choose the 334 and is 100 bucks cheaper....

One more factor is the sheer size of Roxanne is big....very big......comfort level is better on 334 due to the weight and smaller size....

That's all guys...it's a neck to neck but the Japanese make a overall better build quality....

Thanks for the feedback and time for me to go burn in the 334 and use the serial number on the 334 to buy toto......since it burn a hole in my pocket....

noobzpro

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Roxanne is excellent for rock n metal. If u listen to led Zeppelin, deep purple, pink floyd, might wanna give it a shot. Jerry is a rocker as well n listens to the exact same bands I listed. Can't go wrong with it

haha i guess thats y all other earphones just dun make it for me...trying metallica singapore live recording...the roxannes bring me back to that day...the fitear just felt like a studio recording...

Taeyeonie

Master Member
Reaction score
It's really up to your genre preference. If you have minimal rock/metal songs like me, the Roxanne would be unpractical.

Even so, for some reasons I prefer the sound of JH16fp than the Roxanne.

weng

High Supremacy Member
Reaction score
I think the recent happenings didn't give roxanne a very good image.

1) There seems to be some inconsistency across demo units. So which is the real roxanne? Wouldn't be good if the real one is actually with slight brightness/sibilance. Worse still, is that just a case of variable burn in or manufacturing is still not stable yet?

2) The disturbing broken screw collar. Obviously a material error. Either wrong calculation/selection in the design process, or kena screwed by supplier with inferior material.

That's my take la. Maybe ts can revisit roxanne again when everything is stabilised and see if your preference is still the same :D

koicafex

Great Supremacy Member
Reaction score
so far the ppl who have the roxanne already
their impression is so different from the demo units

anyway with the cable lock spoiled
it doesn't do anything to the sound
everything still works as it's suppose to be

just wait for after market cable lo~

FatalethaL

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
so far the ppl who have the roxanne already
their impression is so different from the demo units

anyway with the cable lock spoiled
it doesn't do anything to the sound
everything still works as it's suppose to be

just wait for after market cable lo~

yea lor... you waiting for CPC terminated with the cable lock right? :s13::s13::s13:

Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Terms of Service for more information.