Need review for car rental in melbourne city

mikeeeey

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Definitely some excellent prices there. As much as I personally prefer the majors operating on-site, for longer trips, the savings really add up with the offsite operators such as Apex. If I'm around for 2/3 days and would save only $50, I wouldn't bother, but if I'm there for 7+ days, and save a few hundred dollars, it's definitely worth considering.
Ya.. but not feasible for people like us with kids/toddlers, can only go for on-site operators and save the hassle. :(

bomberman

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
what are the cars avail at melb apex? i am thinking between outlander or the full sedan (optima?)

casualtraveller

Reaction score
what are the cars avail at melb apex? i am thinking between outlander or the full sedan (optima?)

tried outlander in Melb before with Apex. The car is fairly new. comfy seats and driving is with ease.. comes with reverse cam. but the problem is "eat oil" :s13: means use up petrol quite fast.

bomberman

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
tried outlander in Melb before with Apex. The car is fairly new. comfy seats and driving is with ease.. comes with reverse cam. but the problem is "eat oil" :s13: means use up petrol quite fast.

i guess the full sedan wouldnt be any better as well

wrxkev

Reaction score
Ya.. but not feasible for people like us with kids/toddlers, can only go for on-site operators and save the hassle. :(

my thoughts exactly as well. When it comes to toddlers, if anything i can pay (reasonable price of cos) to avoid the hassle i would.

mikeeeey

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
my thoughts exactly as well. When it comes to toddlers, if anything i can pay (reasonable price of cos) to avoid the hassle i would.

Curious to know. Will you bring your own car seat or get chopped carrot @ $88 per chair? Talking about 2 here

wrxkev

Reaction score
Curious to know. Will you bring your own car seat or get chopped carrot @ $88 per chair? Talking about 2 here

After discussing with my wife, we are going to get chopped carrot. Dont want the hassle of packing and carrying the 2 heavy child seats.

Wife's theory - "already spend so much on the trip. What is this $88?"

Hahahahahahha.... so yeah ... conclusion.. get chopped.

bomberman

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score

mikeeeey

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
If check in the car seat thats covered with a travel bag (will find a bag to store the car seat), does it need to be locked like luggages?

mikeeeey

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
I think i will use a cable tie instead. Using padlock on soft bag can still be opened. 2 zippers still close together but the soft bag can be opened up

Comage

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Does anyone know if the Kia Carnival from Hertz is the petrol version or the diesel version?

Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.