New EC at Sumang Walk

momoeagle

Master Member
Reaction score
Northwave and Parc life launch were far worse. Like 10% sold.

Agreed that those two ec launches were worse. I was referring to the more around the area of Hougang Sengkang Punggol.

Developers only have max 2 years after TOP to sell else face tough penalties. But Sg has not reached it yet as the cooling measure is new. Give more commission to agents also useless if priced too high and no one wants. Of course if buyers still got massive cash pile then still can keep buying it up.

Add that to more launches over next 2 years. Developers aren't even interested on doing much en bloc again after 2017 as they know there are too many new launches coming up. The demand has to come from somewhere.

Every type of investment has cycles. Prices climb a wall of worry.

Not many can average down on property. That's why it is always a "long term investment" if they get stuck. The last time it happened is in the 1990s.

Of course, the cliche by bulls will always be "this time is different". It could be. I'm just a nobody, what do I know right?

Last edited:

Merg91

Master Member
Reaction score
Multiple coolings since 2009
QC since 2011

Look at the latest 2018 or longer period of Singapore property cycle.

momoeagle

Master Member
Reaction score
QC since 2011

Fair enough.

My in laws were lucky to have benefited a few mil from the en bloc sales before that.

And another mil after that on a 2 other property purchases. Property market crash is not something wanted.

But to me, the longer period is that there has been no correction in prices for quite some time.

Braun8

Master Member
Reaction score
Developer make it sound so nice lol

The article reads more like a paid CDL advertisement, can spin bad EC sales to make it sound so good lol

I think the propagandists in North Korea will be proud of such an article lol

momoeagle

Master Member
Reaction score
The article reads more like a paid CDL advertisement, can spin bad EC sales to make it sound so good lol

I think the propagandists in North Korea will be proud of such an article lol

SPH also has its own agenda in Woodleigh Residences 😂

annetyu

Banned
Reaction score
QC since 2011

If you look at the much longer period, I feel that property will peak at 2030 and start its decline as global population and economic growth stall.

annetyu

Banned
Reaction score
You meant you do not know bto are underpriced ? If I can buy 5 bro from HDB, I will gladly buy it.

And is it important to know what property I own ? Take it as I am a unlucky person who want to buy brownstone EC back then but unable to do so due to mop issue. End up brownstone was sold out. I believe brownstone EC launch was selling about the same as this Samsung EC. To make things worse, it face competition from 2 other ECs in sembawang. But it still get sold out before the project top and also before my hdb mop. So I am quite sure Samsung ec will sold out even faster as no other EC for competition

You don't look like you will benefit greatly from a rise in prices, so why try so hard to talk up prices?

You may be looking to buy a 2nd property for investment one day and be disgusted by the pathetic rental yields.

Braun8

Master Member
Reaction score
Agreed that those two ec launches were worse. I was referring to the more around the area of Hougang Sengkang Punggol.

Developers only have max 2 years after TOP to sell else face tough penalties. But Sg has not reached it yet as the cooling measure is new. Give more commission to agents also useless if priced too high and no one wants. Of course if buyers still got massive cash pile then still can keep buying it up.

Add that to more launches over next 2 years. Developers aren't even interested on doing much en bloc again after 2017 as they know there are too many new launches coming up. The demand has to come from somewhere.

Every type of investment has cycles. Prices climb a wall of worry.

Not many can average down on property. That's why it is always a "long term investment" if they get stuck. The last time it happened is in the 1990s.

Of course, the cliche by bulls will always be "this time is different". It could be. I'm just a nobody, what do I know right?

When prices of mass market condos have reached the max end of affordability, it probably indicates that prices have reached their peak. Another sign that prices have peaked is the slowdown in the resale market.

The current high prices are largely fuelled by low interest rates, so this could be a bubble. But interest rates are expected to remain low next year.

annetyu

Banned
Reaction score
When prices of mass market condos have reached the max end of affordability, it probably indicates that prices have reached their peak. Another sign that prices have peaked is the slowdown in the resale market.

The current high prices are largely fuelled by low interest rates, so this could be a bubble. But interest rates are expected to remain low next year.

Those who jumped in so early will also be missing out on potentially lower interest rates later this year in OCT when MAS holds its meeting.

momoeagle

Master Member
Reaction score

Seems like still pointing to a grand finale in 2021 to coincide
with many new launches. I any how say one.

Merg91

Master Member
Reaction score
You must have missed all the sampan, yachts, fishing boats & cruises.
The govt has been 'cooling' for 10 years & will adjust accordingly.

Singapore private home prices climb 1.5% in Q2 to highest in at least 5 years
Read more at https://www.channelnewsasia.com/new...2-rentals-residential-property-index-11755208

K|muRa^84

High Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Looks like I am not the only one with the same thoughts about mergui..

I have tolerated with his crap since last year. Sometimes I could not take it and told him off. Unfortunately certain individuals saw me as a "bully".:o

For your info, he is someone who bought Propnex IPO and Mergui Road Condo. Both of which are all losing money. Perhaps we should just bear with and pity him. Allow him to loosen up here.

why did Mergui create a new account!?

momoeagle

Master Member
Reaction score

Read more at https://www.channelnewsasia.com/new...2-rentals-residential-property-index-11755208

"Downward pressure is likely to come only in the mid to long term with the impact of the weaker macroeconomic environment setting in, and when developers are compelled to reduce prices as their sell-by deadlines approach,"

Thanks for the article! It confirms what we are saying.

Braun8

Master Member
Reaction score

How can I miss anything when I bought a property during the big recession?

My flat was still under MOP during the recession so I bought a FH commercial property. I've been collecting rent on that property for many years now and the property value has doubled. And I've fully paid the property loan two years ago.

It's better to have two properties than just upgrading your home, where you can't rent to generate income and paper profits that can't be realized unless you sell your home.

K|muRa^84

High Supremacy Member
Reaction score
The current price of the 4 bedrooms are near $1.5mil and over, the 5 bedrooms are near $1.6mil and over. Few households with under $14K monthly income can afford this unless they have rich parents or get their parents to sell their flats.

don't forget 30% MSR

not many couples can afford $1.5m with both restrictions in place

Merg91

Master Member
Reaction score
Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.