New EC at Sumang Walk

momoeagle

Master Member
Reaction score
Understandable, if not that will affect the prices of their upcoming projects, which is too many to count.

Good time to be agent.

There is still a maximum limit as to how much they can give.

Food for thought.
Does anyone think that give 5% to agent means can sell more?
6% even more?

sgpropertyblog

Reaction score
https://www.businesstimes.com.sg/re...AmGPQaDibimAOTjpmFPiGMMmg4#Echobox=1565391537

The Business Times understands that SL Capital's Sky Everton is offering commissions of up to 3 per cent, while the Affinity at Serangoon - developed by a consortium led by Oxley Holdings - is said to be offering up to 3.7 per cent.

The commission for The Florence Residences by Logan Property is understood to be 1.8 per cent but there are additional cash incentives - which can range from S$5,000 to S$20,000 - for certain units.

Frasers Property's luxury development Rivière is understood to be offering a commission of 1.8 per cent, while the commission for City Development Limited and TID's EC Piermont Grand is said to be around 0.9 per cent.

Who want to be a property agent? Close a $1M deal and earn $37k for selling the Affinity.

PG gives only a mere $9k by comparison per million.

EC commission are known to be low.. over time it will increase, so does the price.. lolsss... by then u will see all the agent will chiong for sales!

sgpropertyblog

Reaction score
The developers rather give the agents incentives than to the buyers.

If they give incentives to buyers, those buyers tat bought ealier will make noise.. so better give agents more incentives to bring in more sales... just my own logic, i could be wrong

momoeagle

Master Member
Reaction score
EC commission are known to be low.. over time it will increase, so does the price.. lolsss... by then u will see all the agent will chiong for sales!

Looks like those who always complain why pay so low or why cannot find job

or even those middle age crisis ones

should go be property or insurance agent. :s13:

I have few friends in these 2 lines, all don't qualify for ECs already.

I incapable, so still qualify. =:p

momoeagle

Master Member
Reaction score
If they give incentives to buyers, those buyers tat bought ealier will make noise.. so better give agents more incentives to bring in more sales... just my own logic, i could be wrong

Personally, I think this is step 1. If it sells more, good, stop there. In fact, there has been a large increase in property agents going for marketing courses.

But... what if it still doesn't bring in more sales?

Same as handphones, early birds always pay more, because newer and newer launches always look and feel better and better. Do the early birds complain they pay higher?

sgpropertyblog

Reaction score

Dun say that la, maybe you are eligible to upgrade/buy , but u never do in-depth calculation before tats why u say u canot? Alot of buyers never knew they can actually own a condo bcos they never do financial calculation .. once do calculation ady, most of them can do it comfortably... some even without touching their own savings!

momoeagle

Master Member
Reaction score
Dun say that la, maybe you are eligible to upgrade/buy , but u never do in-depth calculation before tats why u say u canot? Alot of buyers never knew they can actually own a condo bcos they never do financial calculation .. once do calculation ady, most of them can do it comfortably... some even without touching their own savings!

My side, not so simple :(
It is not just about financials only.

Merg91

Master Member
Reaction score
Weird & unique in property market.

That's why I buy many selected grocery when FairPrice/Giant/ShengSiong when on 'special offer'.
Those who bought last week at normal price cannot kpkb to the supermarkets.

sgpropertyblog

Reaction score
Weird & unique in property market.

That's why I buy many selected grocery when FairPrice/Giant/ShengSiong when on 'special offer'.
Those who bought last week at normal price cannot kpkb to the supermarkets.

Tats why u hardly see developer give more discounts after the phase 1 launch, in fact the prices will slowly goes up.. even if they give ‘star buy’ units, its usually those facing rubbish chute/West sun/etc..

Passerboy

Supremacy Member
Reaction score

I think not everyone can cut it as a property or insurance agent. Those who do, can be uber successful clinching multiple sales a month, but there are those who struggle to clinch even 1 sale in months.

I notice the trait that those who are successful possess is they are patient and very hardworking. Word of mouth referral is important too, there are so many such agents around today and information is everywhere.

momoeagle

Master Member
Reaction score
some secret sauce told me we had been in recession since last year already......just that most sinkies not aware of it:s22::s22:

Dunno leh, this year business on my side better than last year, which is better than last last year leh. Doesn't feel like recession yet.

Then you see property psf still going higher and higher, and according to the experts in this forum, it will go even higher. How to be recession leh?

Merg91

Master Member
Reaction score
Technical recession.
It is not the end of the world..

Electronic sector in a down cycle doesn't mean construction sector falling too.
Those in service sector & tourism are not doing too badly.

Teaching, civil defence & healthcare etc :
what recession?:o

runforyourlife

Reaction score
If an EC is far from mrt, similar to riverfront, a PC far from mrt as well, I’ll pick Punggol mrt.

Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.