New Linksys MR9600 & EA7500V3 Wifi 5/Wifi 6/AX Router | Linksys users very few except Starhub users?

cscs3

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
I would skip Linksys for sure.
This company firmware and backend support is super below standard.

xiaofan

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
It is good to have more choices, especially on the higher end.

Asus is kind of too dominant here in SG for mid and high end home routers. Netgear has some following for the Orbi mesh but not so much on their AX routers. So it is good that SingTel starts to introduce Linksys AX routers along with Asus RT-AX86U.

On the lower end, there are enough choices. TP-Link is not bad at the low end for AX routers (say below Asus RT-AX58U pricing of S$235). D-Link also have some cheap ones. Then Xiaomi and Huawei have good low cost offerings as well.

kashix

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
It is good to have more choices, especially on the higher end.

Asus is kind of too dominant here in SG for mid and high end home routers. Netgear has some following for the Orbi mesh but not so much on their AX routers. So it is good that SingTel starts to introduce Linksys AX routers along with Asus RT-AX86U.

On the lower end, there are enough choices. TP-Link is not bad at the low end for AX routers (say below Asus RT-AX58U pricing of S$235). D-Link also have some cheap ones. Then Xiaomi and Huawei have good low cost offerings as well.

D-Link routers another one ... the firmware support also .... :s22:

xiaofan

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Ya lo, only Asus keep release firmware.
However I am not really in favor of frequent firmware as
last time my ac88u have to RMA after several firmware update. :s22:

Asus RT-AC88U seems to be the most problematic one from Asus. Some people like it but some people were having problems with it.

RT-AC87U may be another problematic one.

RT-AX88U had some initial problem back in the first year after release but now seems to be stable.

Some users seem to have problems latest Zenwifi XT8. But I think future FW updates will make it more stable.

Last edited:

xiaofan

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
https://www.linksys.com/us/support-article?articleNum=141126

How to configure VLAN on a Linksys Wi-Fi Router, E8350 for Singtel.

I've never seen this router released in Singapore. But it is an old model so never mind.

Take note Linksys Velop does not support SingTel VLAN.

But the EA series, WRT series and E released in Singapore do support SingTel VLAN.

Last edited:

xiaofan

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
On the other hand, MR (MR9600X, MR9000, MR8300) series and MX series (MX5300) do not seem to support SingTel VLAN, just like the VELOP.

Ref:
https://forums.hardwarezone.com.sg/...ksys-velop-wifi-sets-you-free-5605530-71.html

Does MR9000 / MR8300 support VLAN tagging?

nope, they follow the velop firmware as these 2 routers can mesh with velop. so no vlan for them.

in fact linksys is phasing out routers and focussing more on velop type of mesh systems..

Last edited:

hereiam7788

Master Member
Reaction score
MR series is actually quite good. i had used MR8300 before, it can work with velop series no issue.

the signal and coverage is way way stronger than velop series and much much more stable as well. it is so far the single router that i have used that has the stronger signal so far.

it can be used as the main node for mesh but cannot be used as the child node. MR9600 should be good as it can be used as a child node as well.

linksys is a rare brand comparing to TP-link or asus etc. but personally i prefer it better than other brand.

MR9000 should be another alternative too, cheaper and tri-band as well. it is cheaper also.

Last edited:
Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.