New MRT Station planned between Sembawang/Yishun

mohd8207

Master Member
Reaction score
Punggol is gd but going to be overcrowded soon once all the bto is complete in 3 to 4 yrs.those on public transport n taking lrt got to prepare for crowd liao.

cloverpark

Master Member
Reaction score
It really depends if those living along NSL are willing to travel a few more stops to Woodlands to take the Thomson Line or travel to Bukit Panjang and take DTL...

The TL start from Woodlands so many people will switch train to get a seat. If I live in Choa Chu Kang to Admiralty, I'll consider going to Woodlands to switch to TL.

The new generation of underground trains like the new circle line are also much faster (and more reliable) than the slow tortoise NS/EW lines. :D

Because of speed reason, people living in Choa Chu Kang and Bukit Panjang may take the DTL depending on where they are going.

MRT_SysMp_Sept12-v2.jpg

Shion

Senior Mentor
Reaction score
The new generation of underground trains like the new circle line are also much faster (and more reliable) than the slow tortoise NS/EW lines. :D

Trains seems to be able to go faster when underground

Talking about Circle Line...The non-peak hours frequency is really bad...

Because of speed reason, people living in Choa Chu Kang and Bukit Panjang may take the DTL depending on where they are going.

Hopefully...

Densocool

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Every single train won't be empty. The island will be chock full of humans by 2030.

Shion

Senior Mentor
Reaction score
I think it's because of the tracks are noisy and they don't want residents to complain, so go more slowly. :D

Think it is due to the replacement of the wood too?

The trains go slowly even at non-residential areas...

Shion

Senior Mentor
Reaction score
I wonder if there will be a LRT system from this newly Canberra station to the future developed Simpang area...Hmm...

Or a MRT extension...

Densocool

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Whoever got Eastcrown or nearby btos, big huat!!! Nearby mrt and at the same time not exactly besides the track.

The amazing thing is the BTO still got balance.

Got Balance becos that time everyone shunned it due to no station, hdb will release the batch as SOBF and rake more profit$$$ liao by selling it more expensive...:o

Shion

Senior Mentor
Reaction score
Wonders if next time future BTO at Simpang will be oversubscribed or not...

Mr.Canberra

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Canberra MRT Station

Whoever got Eastcrown or nearby btos, big huat!!! Nearby mrt and at the same time not exactly besides the track.

The amazing thing is the BTO still got balance.

Eastcrown @ Canberra for the win! :s12:

At first I speculated the new MRT station if built (according to LTA Master Plan hint) would be near to Yishun Sapphire Condo/Yishun Industrial Park. After I looked at URA Master Plan 2014 I review the new MRT station location and change it to Eastcrown vicinity.

Only 280m of walking for those stacks nearest to Canberra MRT Station. Good location without noise pollution. Literally sitting on gold mine! :s13: Eastlace is good also but face noise pollution as too close to rail track.

Those unsold plots around Canberra MRT Station will be super hot. Zenghu really the smart. Save the best for the last so land biddings will up up up and $$$.

Can I know which BTO is near to this?

See my previous post.

Got Balance becos that time everyone shunned it due to no station, hdb will release the batch as SOBF and rake more profit$$$ liao by selling it more expensive...:o

Confirm more expensive by the time Eastlace and Eastcrown release under SOBF. 2 Rooms all sold out. 3, 4 and 5 Rooms are still available.

Early investors will reap the most benefits.

Last edited:

Shion

Senior Mentor
Reaction score
I think next time maybe will have LRT system from Canberra MRT to Simpang area.

macdawn

Reaction score
Eastcrown @ Canberra for the win! :s12:

At first I speculated the new MRT station if built (according to LTA Master Plan hint) would be near to Yishun Sapphire Condo/Yishun Industrial Park. After I looked at URA Master Plan 2014 I review the new MRT station location and change it to Eastcrown vicinity.

Only 280m of walking for those stacks nearest to Canberra MRT Station. Good location without noise pollution. Literally sitting on gold mine! :s13: Eastlace is good also but face noise pollution as too close to rail track.

Those unsold plots around Canberra MRT Station will be super hot. Zenghu really the smart. Save the best for the last so land biddings will up up up and $$$.

See my previous post.

Confirm more expensive by the time Eastlace and Eastcrown release under SOBF. 2 Rooms all sold out. 3, 4 and 5 Rooms are still available.

Early investors will reap the most benefits.

I applied for the project just cos I want to be near my parents place, and I am applying as a single. 5th BTO application, luckily got a good number.

I chose Eastlace because the 2-room unit stacks are not stuck in the middle, and might have a bit more chance of breeze. And since the 2-room stacks are on the other side of the project, there shouldn't be a problem of noise too. Super happy. :D

Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.