New MRT Station planned between Sembawang/Yishun

Mr.Canberra

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Eastlace/Eastcrown @ Canberra

I think next time maybe will have LRT system from Canberra MRT to Simpang area.

Maybe URA Master Plan 2030 will have clearer picture! :s13:

I applied for the project just cos I want to be near my parents place, and I am applying as a single. 5th BTO application, luckily got a good number.

I chose Eastlace because the 2-room unit stacks are not stuck in the middle, and might have a bit more chance of breeze. And since the 2-room stacks are on the other side of the project, there shouldn't be a problem of noise too. Super happy. :D

You must have gotten a double digit queue no because Eastlace 2 Rooms are the first to sell out. Actually Eastlace was my first choice but will only get stack #115 and must be high floor.

I know which one you're talking about. Eastlace Block 115A. Best 2 Room unit is #115 stack (Northwest facing). Good unblocked view of 50-100m even if future development is built across the road. Confirm no noise pollution. The rest of the stacks not so good. Either facing too close to opposite stacks or near Electrical Sub-Station (Feng Shui consideration).

Eastcrown @ Canberra 2 Rooms have 4 stacks that have good unblock view of 100+m. I shall let the property experts here to divulge which are those stacks.

Also facing east of Canberra MRT Station there's a plot of land that is reserved for commercial and residential developement (between Canberra MRT Station and Eastcrown). I speculate it will be a condo cum shopping mall project.

Last edited:

LongGe2009

Master Member
Reaction score
I think this batch of bto near Canberra station will be later known as Canberra estate or town in future.

tinatan

Reaction score
Not only btos will huat, those pte housing like sapphire, emerald, One Canberra, Eight Courtyard also benefited.

But the alignment of the station from street directory.com is slightly out. It should be nearer to Canberra View or centered between Canberra View & Canberra Way (reference to LTA location plan).

tinatan

Reaction score
If anyone still think ulu, just in case anyone here don't know. The forest beside the station is going to be botak soon.

The tender for Design Development And Construction Of The Proposed Infrastructure Works At Jalan Sendudok/Canberra Link Area has been awarded.

Tender reference : URA/T/13/064

tinatan

Reaction score
City development also huat big. They got the ec land parcel in Jan.

Skypark ec $800+ psf. I think CD may be selling close to $900psf

Shion

Senior Mentor
Reaction score
If anyone still think ulu, just in case anyone here don't know. The forest beside the station is going to be botak soon.

The tender for Design Development And Construction Of The Proposed Infrastructure Works At Jalan Sendudok/Canberra Link Area has been awarded.

Tender reference : URA/T/13/064

Nothing surprising. Every piece of forest will become botak in the future.

AceyourMaths

Banned
Reaction score
They should build another line from sembawang/camberra/admiralty side to seng kang to tampines to bedok to bayshore...Like that more connected mar...

Last edited:

Shion

Senior Mentor
Reaction score
It's like a slow creeping plague that eats every piece of nature in it's path.

Like I frequently mention...From a garden city to a concrete city.

Having those wall/roof gardens is pointless in my opinion

I do hope for a lrt in yishun though .
Mine is at OCC there.

A bit hard since Yishun very built up already.

They should build another line from sembawang/camberra/admiralty side to tampines to bedok to bayshore...Like that more connected mar...

iirc there are future plans for this

Mr.Canberra

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Canberra MRT Station

But the alignment of the station from street directory.com is slightly out. It should be nearer to Canberra View or centered between Canberra View & Canberra Way (reference to LTA location plan).

I beg to differ. Streetdirectory's mapping is pretty accurate. The only slight inaccuracy is that the MRT station should be a bit longer towards southeast direction.

2vbvnyw.jpg

biq6ux.jpg

mohd8207

Master Member
Reaction score
URA just announce EC going to be build near the camberra mrt.see Asiaone news today.

Mr.Canberra

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Canberra MRT Station/Eastlink I @ Canberra Neighbourhood Centre

It's a good news for me.

Congratz !!!

Good to see this thread getting bumped.
I've a lot of analysis posts here. :s13:

4 more years (2019) to go to reap the rewards for Canberra residents when Canberra MRT and the Eastlink I @ Canberra Neighbourhood Centre is ready. =:p

Last edited:

Shion

Senior Mentor
Reaction score
Good to see this thread getting bumped.
I've a lot of analysis posts here. :s13:

4 more years (2019) to go to reap the rewards for Canberra residents when Canberra MRT and the Eastlink I @ Canberra Neighbourhood Centre is ready. =:p

Unfortunately, it means more crowded trains in the future...

I think it will get very bad, especially with the new Northparks development in Yishun as well...

Mr.Canberra

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Unfortunately, it means more crowded trains in the future...

I think it will get very bad, especially with the new Northparks development in Yishun as well...

Yes it'd probably be something like Woodlands Bus Interchange/MRT Station human traffic.

Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.