New Ubiquiti setup! Still a work in progress.

BradenHeat

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
s Router for now or ask Singtel to change the ONT to ONR.
Interesting, i thought its the ONR which is giving problems, as ONT doesnt require special specific settings, its all done on the fiber router , port 1 for internet, port 2 for TV or whatever it is ....

xiaofan

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Yup, the dream machine. I haven't got it yet, was just wondering if there are other options since I read that Singtel's ONT + Mio TV can't work with UDM :/

You can try to request to change the ONT to ONR and then request them to bridge the ONR, telling them that you have the nice UDM which does not work with the ONT.

With a bridged ONR, no VLAN is required, you just connect the UDM to the bridged port and all features will be reserved.

Your SingTel TV box will need to be connected to the other ports of the ONR (unbridged, only for SingTel TV, no Internet access).

Take note if you do not ask for bridging of the ONR, you will have to live with Double NAT in order to use UDM as a router and not an AP.

xiaofan

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Yup, the dream machine. I haven't got it yet, was just wondering if there are other options since I read that Singtel's ONT + Mio TV can't work with UDM :/
The other way is to add a managed switch between the UDM and the Singtel ONT. Search this thread and I posted a link from UDM forum about this solution.

xiaofan

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Oh you have not got the UDM, in that case, do not buy it. It is not a good option for Singtel.

You can get Edge routers if you want Singtel VLAN support.

Or you can continue using the Asus or upgrade to a better Asus like RT-AX86U by Singtel.

glitches

Reaction score
Oh you have not got the UDM, in that case, do not buy it. It is not a good option for Singtel.

You can get Edge routers if you want Singtel VLAN support.

Or you can continue using the Asus or upgrade to a better Asus like RT-AX86U by Singtel.
I see, any edge routers to recommend?

Would it be just ONT -> Edge Router -> AP?

My main concern right now with Asus is the seamless connectivity aspect as video calls might disconnect when I move from the living room to my room as my room is only able to connect to the ubiquiti AP.

Last edited:

glitches

Reaction score
I believe I have chatted with @glitches and my advise for now is to use the Asus Router for now or ask Singtel to change the ONT to ONR.

Once its using ONR, anyone can use any Ubiquiti router with Singtel unless special network design*.

Mid-year sale coming up in Shopee, keep a lookout for it. Nothing from EA store and new SKU for sale, dont ask me for EA store stuff, I cannot comment.

UniFi Protect G3-instant
UniFi Protect G3 Pro live stream via Synology Surveillance station
Thanks, will keep a look out!

I'm actually thinking of changing the router because it isn't receiving any more asus-merlin support actually. hence thinking of either changing to a new asus router or full ubiquiti haha.

mrkiasu

Reaction score
Thanks, will keep a look out!

I'm actually thinking of changing the router because it isn't receiving any more asus-merlin support actually. hence thinking of either changing to a new asus router or full ubiquiti haha.
Go Full Ubiquiti if you need seamless roaming.

In terms of costing and C/P value, its the best that you can get.

Don’t waste time and monies with Mesh solutions since you know what you want. Your expectations are there and I strongly believe that none of the SOHO mesh solution would suit your needs.

Sorry for the late reply as I was working on the G4-Doorbell unboxing video and post.

Online Specials for ubnt gears

Last edited:

glitches

Reaction score

Don’t waste time and monies with Mesh solutions since you know what you want. Your expectations are there and I strongly believe that none of the SOHO mesh solution would suit your needs.

Sorry for the late reply as I was working on the G4-Doorbell unboxing video and post.

Thanks for your reply. Any recommendations on what to get? xiaofan recommended edge router, but am not sure of what to get. Would edge router 4 be sufficient if I am on a 1 gbps plan?

Also, is the would it be just ONT -> Edge Router -> AP?

I'm actually quite hesitant to change to ONR like what you've suggested before because I've heard that there are some privacy issues with it haha 😥

bujingai

Reaction score

Do share your video here. Was wondering how to install one in SG

mrkiasu

Reaction score
Do share your video here. Was wondering how to install one in SG

Not so simple and easy. Need a few tools and tech skills. Dont believe those ang-mo Youtube videos as SG would need a transformer and power knowledge.

For our 220V, i had to order the EU version from Ubiquiti. For now there are very limited few in SG with the uniFi G4-doorbell and even rarer with chimes (extra cost). But once you have it, its very atas.

By the way, early test, the UniFi app works better with IPhone. FYI. (Hint: UBNT owner formerly worked at Apple.)

PS: I have seen a burnt doorbell.

bujingai

Reaction score
Not so simple and easy. Need a few tools and tech skills. Dont believe those ang-mo Youtube videos as SG would need a transformer and power knowledge.

For our 220V, i had to order the EU version from Ubiquiti. For now there are very limited few in SG with the uniFi G4-doorbell and even rarer with chimes (extra cost). But once you have it, its very atas.

By the way, early test, the UniFi app works better with IPhone. FYI. (Hint: UBNT owner formerly worked at Apple.)

PS: I have seen a burnt doorbell.
Are you somehow related to tgntech in carousel? I see they are selling it there with installation too

mrkiasu

Reaction score
Huge monster is in

U6-LR

Come and get them while its hot...just landed, International Version.

Same size as UAP-AC-HD.

u6-lr.jpg

u6-lr-a.jpg
Back in stock. grab them while its hot off the boat.

This week special

Last edited:

mrkiasu

Reaction score
Anyone interested to see Unboxing of U6-LR ?

Do note: (community note)
U6-LR - best to use latest controller to run, if using with older gen1 cloudkey, may need to reset the cloudkey gen1 to work. Update to latest firmware and controller version

Please save unf file first before doing anything.

Last edited:

Shem2202

Reaction score
Hi, anyone Knows if this work with our current SingTel provided Nokia G-240G-E router? I have MIO TV and broadband. The SingTel router also comes with 2 Mesh Extender.
Thanks.

xiaofan

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
The other way is to add a managed switch between the UDM and the Singtel ONT. Search this thread and I posted a link from UDM forum about this solution.

Unifi with Singtel ONT and Singtel TV.

1) ONT => USG (or Edge Router, not UDM) => Unifi Switch
https://community.ui.com/questions/...e-fiber/b20170fe-d938-4158-bab2-b68a4fe0dae71)

2) ONT => Unifi Switch --> USG or Edge Router or UDM
https://community.ui.com/questions/...-/8e00582f-3c75-4815-983f-a5c7fd0aad2c?page=2

glitches

Reaction score

glitches

Reaction score
Unifi with Singtel ONT and Singtel TV.

1) ONT => USG (or Edge Router, not UDM) => Unifi Switch
https://community.ui.com/questions/...e-fiber/b20170fe-d938-4158-bab2-b68a4fe0dae71)

2) ONT => Unifi Switch --> USG or Edge Router or UDM
https://community.ui.com/questions/...-/8e00582f-3c75-4815-983f-a5c7fd0aad2c?page=2
For a ubiquiti switch, is it right to say that I have to connect it from UDM -> switch, adopt it and configure the ports on the switch before I change it to ONT -> switch -> udm?

Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.