New Ubiquiti setup! Still a work in progress.

SNAG

Master Member
Reaction score
One more SKU to stock by Christmas. :) Sell your UDM-Pro and prep for this new baby.

Finally can show and talk about it, kept quiet for over 2 months (yes, there are more SKU to come)

Perhaps you can ask EA if this still has a 1GB backplane between WAN interface and switch ports? Hope not especially when the WAN port is now 2.5GbE.
Also no real upgrade case for UDMP users, other than the 2.5GbE WAN interface + POE ports. Going by the price difference in the EA store, you're probably better off getting a separate Switch Lite 8 POE. The UDMP-SE is still on 802.3af.

mrkiasu

Reaction score
Perhaps you can ask EA if this still has a 1GB backplane between WAN interface and switch ports? Hope not especially when the WAN port is now 2.5GbE.
Also no real upgrade case for UDMP users, other than the 2.5GbE WAN interface + POE ports. Going by the price difference in the EA store, you're probably better off getting a separate Switch Lite 8 POE. The UDMP-SE is still on 802.3af.

Different customer segment and different customer's needs.

More different AP SKU coming soon for U6...

drfell

Reaction score
ok it did not work either maybe I was on IP Lock... I will try again tomorrow.
Strange however, it was on a first plug with reset USG.
I tried again after a few days.
I reset the USG. Shutdown ONR and USG. Changed the cables to LAN1 (ONR) --> WAN1 (USG). Turned ON ONR. Turned ON USG.
Nothing. Doesn't get any IP. I tried to SSH in the USG to ping anything (google) but it just confirmed that it's just not getting Internet.
Should I persist with SingTel and call the support? Or wait 1 year that my broadband contract is over and move to M1?

xiaofan

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
I tried again after a few days.
I reset the USG. Shutdown ONR and USG. Changed the cables to LAN1 (ONR) --> WAN1 (USG). Turned ON ONR. Turned ON USG.
Nothing. Doesn't get any IP. I tried to SSH in the USG to ping anything (google) but it just confirmed that it's just not getting Internet.
Should I persist with SingTel and call the support? Or wait 1 year that my broadband contract is over and move to

Looks like the bridge of the ONR may not be successful, please contact Singtel to sort out the issue. By right for bridged Singtel ONR, you can connect your USG to the bridged port and then you should get a dynamic IP from Singtel and have access to Internet. You can try with your PC as well to the bridged port and try again as well to see if you can browse the internet. If your PC can browser the internet, then it is your USG which is not set up properly. If your PC also can not browser the internet, then the port is not bridged.

Have you tried different LAN port to see if that works. It might be that LAN 4 is bridged and not LAN 1.

Singtel allows at least two changes of router per day for ONT or briged ONR user, up to three dynamic IP. Router 1 (IP1) -->Router 2 (IP2) -->Router 1 (IP1) is not an issue.

But yes Ubiquiti is not a good match with Singtel, either ONT or ONR, so yes you can consider to move out to M1 once contract is over.

Last edited:

bujingai

Reaction score
CnCm1ab.png
wow the price is amazingly high

drfell

Reaction score
Looks like the bridge of the ONR may not be successful, please contact Singtel to sort out the issue. By right for bridged Singtel ONR, you can connect your USG to the bridged port and then you should get a dynamic IP from Singtel and have access to Internet. You can try with your PC as well to the bridged port and try again as well to see if you can browse the internet. If your PC can browser the internet, then it is your USG which is not set up properly. If your PC also can not browser the internet, then the port is not bridged.

Have you tried different LAN port to see if that works. It might be that LAN 4 is bridged and not LAN 1.

Singtel allows at least two changes of router per day for ONT or briged ONR user, up to three dynamic IP. Router 1 (IP1) -->Router 2 (IP2) -->Router 1 (IP1) is not an issue.

But yes Ubiquiti is not a good match with Singtel, either ONT or ONR, so yes you can consider to move out to M1 once contract is over.
It is correctly bridged unfortunately (it's the Nokia G240):

I need to get a USB-C -> RJ45 adapter to try to connect it directly to the computer, good point, it's probably the last thing i can try.

drfell

Reaction score
Ok I tried to plug a laptop directly to the bridged port. Doesn't get any IP assigned so I can assume there's an issue on SingTel's side.
Will call them back...

jasonho

Reaction score
ya. I cant find any subscription plan in their website as well. ill find another way to bypass this

It's there , just that its hidden inside its website

http://www.superinternet.com.sg/resi_10ge.html . You have to email them to get the subscription info or you can refer to my earlier post. That's what I received from them when I made email inquiries.

t258jgn

High Supremacy Member
Deluxe Member
Reaction score
One more SKU to stock by Christmas. :) Sell your UDM-Pro and prep for this new baby.

Finally can show and talk about it, kept quiet for over 2 months (yes, there are more SKU to come)

Got LOAD BALANCE?

SNAG

Master Member
Reaction score
It is correctly bridged unfortunately (it's the Nokia G240):

I need to get a USB-C -> RJ45 adapter to try to connect it directly to the computer, good point, it's probably the last thing i can try.
I might be wrong, but when I switched to Singtel late last year, the Nokia ONR didn’t support bridged mode. The installer had to swop into a Huawei ONR. Not sure if things have changed.

Did you manage to get the Nokia to work at all?

xiaofan

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
I might be wrong, but when I switched to Singtel late last year, the Nokia ONR didn’t support bridged mode. The installer had to swop into a Huawei ONR. Not sure if things have changed.

Did you manage to get the Nokia to work at all?
Yes it is correct that initially Nokia ONR could not be bridged. This year there is a change and Nokia ONR can be bridged now.

drfell

Reaction score
I have just spent another 30mn with SingTel on the phone. LAN1 of my Nokia is bridge but not giving any IP.
I plugged it directly to a PC but I am not getting any IP either here. I wanted them to say the issue is on my router, but then they answered that the Bridge mode is not able to give Internet to the PC... I feel like giving up.

t258jgn

High Supremacy Member
Deluxe Member
Reaction score
Different customer segment and different customer's needs.

More different AP SKU coming soon for U6...

Will you be doing an review on USW-ENTERPRISE-24-PoE & US-XG-6POE with U6-LR?

xiaofan

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
I have just spent another 30mn with SingTel on the phone. LAN1 of my Nokia is bridge but not giving any IP.
I plugged it directly to a PC but I am not getting any IP either here. I wanted them to say the issue is on my router, but then they answered that the Bridge mode is not able to give Internet to the PC... I feel like giving up.

Probably you can try to complain, apparently the other side has no clue of the ONR bridging.

I do not recommend any new users to sign up for SingTel because of the ONR thingy.

If you want to debug further, try the following two
1) I assume you have an SingTel issued router, plug it in the bridged port, it should not work. If it works, then the bridging is not successful.

2) Then if you have another non SingTel issued router, plug it in the bridged port, it should work.

bert64

Reaction score
If you can i would suggest:

1) check that your getting an ethernet link on your PC
2) run some packet capture software such as tcpdump or wireshark, see what you get on the link. You should see some broadcast traffic like ARP requests, you should also see your own DHCP and RA requests being sent even if nothing is responding to them. If you see any traffic from RFC1918 addresses you're probably on a port configured for use with the tv service or something...

Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.