Newcastle United (St. James' Park) - Toontalk - Part 2

Kilrach

Master Member
Reaction score
I don't think we'd sign Maddison with Isak joining.

I would very much prefer Maddison but the good thing about Isak is that he's very versatile and young, so I guess that's the priority. Our squad has no depth, so versatility is much preferred at this point in time.

donut33

Master Member
Reaction score
Sad to read thar Dubraka might be leaving for Man U. We should keep him if we are challenging top 8 position. He is so much better than Darlow.
Once Pope injured...no reliable keeper to replace him.

chillzz

Reaction score
we are looking good for a top 8 challenge actually. health permits of course..

Baby steps... The board has already shown in the signings that this won't be "random ******** go" when it comes to then.

Yes, baby steps. But when you looked the bench and see players like Longstaff, Lascelles, Murphy coming on, it doesn't add any confidence.

But i am happy we should not be fighting for survival this season and hoping for a good run in the Cup competition.

KeyboardWarrior

Master Member
Reaction score
Sad to read thar Dubraka might be leaving for Man U. We should keep him if we are challenging top 8 position. He is so much better than Darlow.
Once Pope injured...no reliable keeper to replace him.
funny why he might want to go ManU to be 2nd fiddle? he wants to play so unless he's assured to replace De Gea?

would definitely prefer if he stays and challenge Pope for the no.1 spot..

KeyboardWarrior

Master Member
Reaction score
hopefully we can sign isak + pedro + maddison

then i will have faith in top 8 finish
Maddison would be great but he's english thus overpriced and Leicester cannot afford to lose more key players so unless we want to pay something crazy like 70-80m for a 1 time england capped midfielder, we would not get him this window.. :ROFLMAO:

XxInNOutxX

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Dubravka is basically De Gea ver 2... I also hope he doesn't go. Anyone notice Isak is ****ing tall :s13:

donut33

Master Member
Reaction score
Dubravka is basically De Gea ver 2... I also hope he doesn't go. Anyone notice Isak is ****ing tall :s13:
Actually Isak reminds me of Ameobi...but hope his footballing skill is not the same as him.
Lol...
As for Dubraka really hopes he stay. Reason he is leaving probably unhappy that he lost the No 1 spot to Pope as last season he played quite well though.

Kilrach

Master Member
Reaction score
Great performance by the team, especially considering we were missing key players. Painful in the end, but can't fault the collective effort. There was an obvious lack of quality in squad depth, but that can't be helped. Slow and steady.

KeyboardWarrior

Master Member
Reaction score
Great performance by the team, especially considering we were missing key players. Painful in the end, but can't fault the collective effort. There was an obvious lack of quality in squad depth, but that can't be helped. Slow and steady.
painful loss in the end but imo we did really well considering so many key players were missing, a packed schedule (4 games in 10 days and back to back against tough teams) and away against 1 of europe's top teams.

Isak looks good though! hopefully stay healthy and provide lots of goals for us to come. keep up this kind of performance and form and we should be challenging for top 8 spots, maybe got chance to sneak in for top 6 even :LOL:

donut33

Master Member
Reaction score
Indeed new sighing Isak look good! What a pity 2nd goal was ruled offside.
8 minutes given to original 5 minutes extra times is crazy.
Can't wait for Isak to link up with Maximin n Bruno.
So Dubraka is confirm going to Man U? :cry:

Kilrach

Master Member
Reaction score
If you guys think about it, we were fighting relegation less than a year ago, and now we're the only team who took points off of Man City.

I'm pretty sure every fan wanted Lascelles out back then, but now he was actually quality against Liverpool at Anfield. Back then, I was getting nervy when he started against Norwich at SJP. The difference is astounding.

Look how far we came in less than a year, and the transformation is nothing short of miraculous. I don't know what's more impressive - EH's transformation of our team in such a short time or him taking Bournemouth to the PL.

MoneyHoney

Master Member
Reaction score
If you guys think about it, we were fighting relegation less than a year ago, and now we're the only team who took points off of Man City.

I'm pretty sure every fan wanted Lascelles out back then, but now he was actually quality against Liverpool at Anfield. Back then, I was getting nervy when he started against Norwich at SJP. The difference is astounding.

Look how far we came in less than a year, and the transformation is nothing short of miraculous. I don't know what's more impressive - EH's transformation of our team in such a short time or him taking Bournemouth to the PL.
i think we were accused of anti football vs liverpool with our time wasting antics

Kilrach

Master Member
Reaction score
i think we were accused of anti football vs liverpool with our time wasting antics

People are entitled to their opinions - whether these opinions are biased or objective is a different story. I've actually addressed why our players did what they did in the LFC thread, just to set the record straight.

From another perspective, let's look at our match vs Man City - was that anti-football? If we were willing to play like that against a full-strength Man City who is currently demolishing teams, I'm flabbergasted why people thought that we'd be afraid and resort to underhanded tactics against a frail Liverpool.

donut33

Master Member
Reaction score
Time wasting or so call playing smart to win the game is part of the games today. Even top team leading by 1 nil also resort to this with less than 5 minutes to go. Of coz the chasing team won't be happy.
Back to the transfer. I think Howe will be haunt by the departure of Dubraka. Pope is fine but we can't rely on Darlow. Once Pope is out injured, we will be very weak in this area.
Both fullback position also weak with no replacement. Only rely on Trippier and Target.

Kilrach

Master Member
Reaction score
The GK situation can't be helped. We needed someone on Dubraka's level or higher, that's why we brought in Pope. There should always be competition for every position. It's just unfortunate that Dubraka doesn't want to compete for the no .1 spot. It really doesn't make sense to bring in two keepers in the same window.

Regarding fullbacks, Burn can play LB as well and he did a decent job vs Man City. We still have Manquillo and Jamal Lewis as well, so we're actually good too.

chillzz

Reaction score
Poor refereeing and VAR decision against us. It’s so obvious Wilock was pushed towards the gk. Instead of letting the og stands or giving us a pk, a foul against Wilock given lol ….

XxInNOutxX

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
We got ****ed by VAR again. We also need another creative outlet for depth... Sorely lacking without ASM or Bruno G

Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.